Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is possible to win in College

Blinn College loses free speech battle over evicting pro-gun student

The Blinn College Board of Trustees agreed to settle a lawsuit Wednesday filed by a student who was told she would need “special permission” to display a gun rights sign in the school’s designated free speech zone.

Nicole Sanders was recruiting for a Young Americans for Liberty chapter she was trying to start on campus, and displayed a sign supporting gun rights on campus
    Sanders was approached by an administrator and three police officers, who refused to let her continue.
    http://campusreform.org/?ID=7557

Score one for the good guys!
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Awesome.

Also proved, in court documented evidence no less, the actual feelings and actions of the current crop of Leftists.....namely the very non-liberal idea that you can only engage in Free Speech that they approve of......I'm sure they would have been a great help burning books during the Counter-Reformation....
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

This left wing biased University administration might lose their battle as well.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2016/04/2...ity-of-alberta

Comment

Texas!

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by VinceW View Post
          This left wing biased University administration might lose their battle as well.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2016/04/2...ity-of-alberta
          17,500 for undefined 'security' at an event? Was it a multi-day event encompassing a small gymnasium? Even at exorbitant prices you're looking at 25 an hour for security guards and 40 an hour for cops.

Also, their allegation that the University on a previous occasion did not provide any security, and indeed did not enforce it's own code of conduct to persons that committed CofC level offenses against the organization.......looks like the U has some issues going on.

I'd say that they're going to lose that one. As for awards.....I'd award 17,500 for the prior event's lack of 'Security'.....and order the University to provide visible uniformed security to their next event at no charge.
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
            Texas!

Pruitt
            UT is too liberal. Better choice...

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Free speech is exactly that, no one is required to agree.
              Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
              Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                Blinn College loses free speech battle over evicting pro-gun student

http://campusreform.org/?ID=7557

Score one for the good guys!
                State or private college? That may make the difference.
                My worst jump story:
                My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                No lie.

~
                "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                  It appears to be a 2 year junior/community public college.

Comment

My first thoughts as well. There's a big difference between a private and state school behaving like this.

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                    It appears to be a 2 year junior/community public college.
                    If so, then it lends itself to a whole raft of opportunities to challenge such decisions.

Comment

The Constitution does not allow a difference anywhere in America.

"FREE SPEECH" means just exactly that. If it didn't, most university professors would be unemployed.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Another case where I'm tempted to use this to start another thread;
                        Why Are the Highly Educated So Liberal?

EXCERPT:
                        IN 1979, in a short book called “The Future of Intellectuals and the Rise of the New Class,” the sociologist Alvin Gouldner took up a question then being vigorously debated by social analysts: Did the student movements of the 1960s signal that the highly educated were on their way to becoming a major political force in American society?

Dr. Gouldner’s answer was yes. As a man of the left, he had mixed feelings about this development, since he thought the intelligentsia might be tempted to put its own interests ahead of the marginalized groups for whom it often claimed to speak.

Today, with an ideological gap widening along educational lines in the United States, Dr. Gouldner’s arguments are worth revisiting. Now that so many people go to college, Americans with bachelor’s degrees no longer constitute an educational elite. But the most highly educated Americans — those who have attended graduate or professional school — are starting to come together as a political bloc.

Last month, the Pew Research Center released a study showing that nearly a third of those who went to graduate or professional school have “down the line” liberal views on social, economic and environmental matters, whereas this is true for just one in 10 Americans generally. An additional quarter of postgrads have mostly liberal views. These numbers reflect drastic change: While professionals have been in the Democratic column for a while, in 1994 only 7 percent of postgrads held consistently liberal political opinions.
                        http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/15/op...pgtype=article

One could consider that the increasing number of college instructors whom are liberal, over the past several decades, and the propaganda they imbed in their instruction, plus the implied 'play along to pass' influence on grades and graduation might be a reflection of a 'stacking of the deck', so to speak.
                        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X