Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas fertilizer plant explosion was was arson!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas fertilizer plant explosion was was arson!

The truth has finally come out. Anyone with any common sense knew this was no accident, certainly not caused by a short in a golf cart, which was almost as outrageous as the pitiful reward being offered for the people responsible for the death of 15, (twelve of those people were emergency responders) and the destruction of homes and livelihoods and the ongoing health risks caused by tons of toxic debris spread over hundreds of square miles in the days following this cowardly act.
    The fire at a fertilizer plant in the US state of Texas that killed 15 people and wounded hundreds in 2013 was a criminal act, say investigators.
    But no arrests have been made and authorities are seeking who was responsible for the blaze.
    A massive explosion which caused a tremor as powerful as a small earthquake left part of the small town of West in ruins.
    Initially it was blamed on an industrial accident.
    On the night of 17 April 2013, a fire broke out at the West Fertilizer Co and was followed by an explosion that possessed the force of a 2.1-magnitude earthquake.
    The explosion flattened homes, shattered a block of flats and badly damaged a nursing home and several schools.
    A reward of up to $50,000 has been offered for information about the culprit.
    Of the 15 people killed, 12 were emergency personnel attending the fire. Another 200 people in the small town of 2,800 were injured.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36271136
    Please remember to off-set quoted text - staff
    Last edited by Skoblin; 12 May 16, 10:17.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

If it were anyone but the ATF doing the investigation, I'd buy it. As it is, they should get a second, and third opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      If it were anyone but the ATF doing the investigation, I'd buy it. As it is, they should get a second, and third opinion...
      That is a very interesting reply, screw the dead firemen and other first responders.
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
        That is a very interesting reply, screw the dead firemen and other first responders.
        That's not my point. It's that the ATF is incompetent, and repeatedly so, at doing this sort of investigation. I'd want competent people doing it so that those responsible can be caught.
        As it is, the ATF is likely to foul things up and the perps won't be found... ever...

Comment

On the night of 17 April 2013, a fire broke out at the West Fertilizer Co and was followed by an explosion that possessed the force of a 2.1-magnitude earthquake
          --------------
          That is a lot of crap!

Comment

A lousy $50k reward for information?
            As soon as this fire and explosion occurred I had no doubt there was foul play,
            The timing of the public announcement today by the ATF makes me wonder why now?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
              On the night of 17 April 2013, a fire broke out at the West Fertilizer Co and was followed by an explosion that possessed the force of a 2.1-magnitude earthquake
              --------------
              That is a lot of crap!
              2.1 isn't worth talking about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richter_magnitude_scale

2.0–2.9 Minor I to II Felt slightly by some people. No damage to buildings. Over one million per year
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

The timing of the public announcement today by the ATF makes me wonder why now?
                Does today have some special meaning?
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                  I agree. ATF always finds criminal intent, especially when so much time has passed in the investigation. Plus the official release throws out 'criminal intent', which is a disclaimer title.

I'm still inclined towards simple accident or faulty handling procedures.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                    Does today have some special meaning?
                    The questions about the timing,
                    Why did they wait so long?
                    Maybe they didn't want to spook the perps, but now they want to?

Comment

The questions about the timing,
                      Why did they wait so long?
                      Maybe they didn't want to spook the perps, but now they want to?
                      They waited so long because they couldn't find physical evidence. In high-profile cases the ATF always finds criminal intent. You don't support your budget by spending a couple million dollars and then report that the plant structure was sixty years old, the staff were violating handling standards, and the wiring was not up to code.
                      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                        They waited so long because they couldn't find physical evidence. In high-profile cases the ATF always finds criminal intent. You don't support your budget by spending a couple million dollars and then report that the plant structure was sixty years old, the staff were violating handling standards, and the wiring was not up to code.
                        Agreed. My gut is that it was a combination of personnel mistakes and an outdated plant. Nothing sticks out as nefarious.

Comment

I don't know what the cause was, I live about 14 miles (as the crow flies) from there and my house shook almost like an earthquake, however I have no faith in the ATF either, there have been instances in the past when they didn't find a crime they made one up.
                          Job security!!!!!
                          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

When there was no evidence of anything at all and no time for any forensic analysis, collection of facts etc ? You had no doubt? Wouldn't want you on a jury
                            Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                            Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

I do not believe in coincidence.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X