Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A feminist's rejection of Hillary

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
    True, she is probably as close to a communist as we have in congress.
    Nah, she's well behind Raul Grijalva (D-AZ). He's a dyed in the wool full on hard Left Socialist, and the only reason he isn't a full bore Communist is he knows it would cost him votes. He's backing Bernie Sanders... like that's a surprise...

    He chairs the House Progressive Caucus.

    https://cpc-grijalva.house.gov/caucus-members/

    He was a member of MeChA and openly backs groups like La Raza and other Leftist, racist, Hispanic organizations of similar ilk.
    He's written op ed pieces for the People's World Weekly, the newsletter of the US Communist Party.

    Leave a comment:


  • Trung Si
    replied
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Well, there's serious talk she'll make Elizabeth Warren (aka Pocahontas) her VP choice. There's a boat anchor that makes Joe Biden look like a genius...
    True, she is probably as close to a communist as we have in congress.

    Leave a comment:


  • VinceW
    replied
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Well, there's serious talk she'll make Elizabeth Warren (aka Pocahontas) her VP choice. There's a boat anchor that makes Joe Biden look like a genius...
    If that happens Trump is guaranteed to win she'll probably run with a more centrist VP to try and get some Republicans not happy with Trump.

    Leave a comment:


  • Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by jonny87kz View Post
    Sounds perfect! I really don't like trump, but he is preferable to Hillary.
    Pretty much my attitude. I would have preferred Cruz, but Trump will do.

    Leave a comment:


  • jonny87kz
    replied
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Warren's the sort of uber Progressive that will alienate 80% of the electorate and energize the other 20% to no end.
    Sounds perfect! I really don't like trump, but he is preferable to Hillary.

    Leave a comment:


  • T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    That's a mistake. A candidate should pick a running make whose attributes balance their candidate's shortfalls.

    But I can't say I would be displeased. As you've pointed out, that choice would only help Trump.
    Warren's the sort of uber Progressive that will alienate 80% of the electorate and energize the other 20% to no end.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tsar
    replied
    Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
    ------------------------
    She is one of the more honest Liberals out there.
    Isn’t the term “honest liberal” a contradiction?

    Leave a comment:


  • Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Well, there's serious talk she'll make Elizabeth Warren (aka Pocahontas) her VP choice. There's a boat anchor that makes Joe Biden look like a genius...
    That's a mistake. A candidate should pick a running make whose attributes balance their candidate's shortfalls.

    But I can't say I would be displeased. As you've pointed out, that choice would only help Trump.

    Leave a comment:


  • T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    The ammunition against her keeps piling up. If the Dems were smart they would put Sanders up and undercut Trump's 'outsider' appeal.
    Well, there's serious talk she'll make Elizabeth Warren (aka Pocahontas) her VP choice. There's a boat anchor that makes Joe Biden look like a genius...

    Leave a comment:


  • Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
    The sort whom fit "Trump's 'outsider' appeal" have little in common with Bernie and his supporters. Two different 'camps' filled with two different 'critters'.

    Got a taste of that this past weekend when Trump came to town, literally a few miles from my backyard, and both factions turned out. Trump came here to Lynden, Whatcom County because the Demos/libs in the guv'mint of Seattle, King County delayed processing the permits, etc. needed for Trump to speak at Boeing Field in Seattle.

    The DNCers here in this county are about 3/4 supporters of Bernie and displayed their civility, tolerance and acceptance of diversity by physically blocking a main hiway, and lacing their protests with written and verbal obscenities. Fortunately very little of assaults and/or property damage.

    Turnout of those wanting to see Trump was far in excess of the capacity for the venue, many had to either listen as best they could outside the fence, or go home and try to catch the live telecast.

    So far looks like little common ground between the Bernie supporter/voter base and the one for Trump.

    Bernie and his supporters are mostly of the taker mindset, out to pillage and plunder this nation while there is still something they can take(steal).

    Trump supporters look more the type whom what to recover lost ground on ways and means to make this nation productive, secure, and 'great' as it once was.

    These two candidates are opposite poles from each other. Such would seem from their political speak and the support base they seem to have gathered.
    Interesting.

    Leave a comment:


  • G David Bock
    replied
    Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    The ammunition against her keeps piling up. If the Dems were smart they would put Sanders up and undercut Trump's 'outsider' appeal.
    The sort whom fit "Trump's 'outsider' appeal" have little in common with Bernie and his supporters. Two different 'camps' filled with two different 'critters'.

    Got a taste of that this past weekend when Trump came to town, literally a few miles from my backyard, and both factions turned out. Trump came here to Lynden, Whatcom County because the Demos/libs in the guv'mint of Seattle, King County delayed processing the permits, etc. needed for Trump to speak at Boeing Field in Seattle.

    The DNCers here in this county are about 3/4 supporters of Bernie and displayed their civility, tolerance and acceptance of diversity by physically blocking a main hiway, and lacing their protests with written and verbal obscenities. Fortunately very little of assaults and/or property damage.

    Turnout of those wanting to see Trump was far in excess of the capacity for the venue, many had to either listen as best they could outside the fence, or go home and try to catch the live telecast.

    So far looks like little common ground between the Bernie supporter/voter base and the one for Trump.

    Bernie and his supporters are mostly of the taker mindset, out to pillage and plunder this nation while there is still something they can take(steal).

    Trump supporters look more the type whom what to recover lost ground on ways and means to make this nation productive, secure, and 'great' as it once was.

    These two candidates are opposite poles from each other. Such would seem from their political speak and the support base they seem to have gathered.

    Leave a comment:


  • Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I don't think Trump will play nice with her...
    The ammunition against her keeps piling up. If the Dems were smart they would put Sanders up and undercut Trump's 'outsider' appeal.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mystikeye
    replied
    Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    Hillary's whole adult life has been predicated on exploiting the classic feminist double-standard to the fullest: "I'm a lady, so you knuckle-dragging men are obliged to hold the door open for me -- as I gratuitously kick you in the shin on my way by." It's taken Camille Paglia how many years to realize this?

    I guess that it shouldn't be surprising that it took Paglia this long to come clean about Hillary after all. Since the liberal-left's favorite game has been "name that victim," running all over themselves to pinpoint the world's greatest sufferer at the hands of the military-industrial-white-male-capitalist-imperialist-European-oligarchy-Christian-financial-petro-chem-patriarchy, maybe Paglia has finally arrived at a moment of clarity, perhaps tacitly admitting that these identity politics victimhood games are, in reality, counterproductive.
    ------------------------
    Actually, Camille Paglia has been very critical of Hillary Clinton over the years. She is one of the more honest Liberals out there. She has never been one to shy away from criticizing the left as well as the right. I don't agree with her on a lot of issues but I enjoy reading her columns over the years.

    Leave a comment:


  • T. A. Gardner
    replied
    I don't think Trump will play nice with her...

    Leave a comment:


  • slick_miester
    replied
    Hillary's whole adult life has been predicated on exploiting the classic feminist double-standard to the fullest: "I'm a lady, so you knuckle-dragging men are obliged to hold the door open for me -- as I gratuitously kick you in the shin on my way by." It's taken Camille Paglia how many years to realize this?

    I guess that it shouldn't be surprising that it took Paglia this long to come clean about Hillary after all. Since the liberal-left's favorite game has been "name that victim," running all over themselves to pinpoint the world's greatest sufferer at the hands of the military-industrial-white-male-capitalist-imperialist-European-oligarchy-Christian-financial-petro-chem-patriarchy, maybe Paglia has finally arrived at a moment of clarity, perhaps tacitly admitting that these identity politics victimhood games are, in reality, counterproductive.
    Last edited by slick_miester; 11 May 16, 12:11.

    Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X