A feminist's rejection of Hillary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A feminist's rejection of Hillary

An article by a long-time Democratic Party member and Sanders' supporter - Camille Paglia

Hillary has skimmed along in her bouncing gender bubble, virtually untouched by her too chivalrous Democratic rivals. Far from Hillary (in this election cycle or the last) having a harder time as a woman candidate, she has been habitually shielded by her gender. At the early debates, for example, Martin O’Malley was paralyzed by his deference to her sacred womanhood and hardly dared raise his voice to contest her brazen untruths from three feet away. Meanwhile, in debate after debate, unconstrained by the sycophantic media moderators, Hillary rudely interrupted, talked over both O’Malley and Bernie Sanders, and hogged airtime like it was going out of style. Not until CNN’s April 14 debate in Brooklyn on the eve of the New York primary did moderators forcibly put a lid on Hillary’s obnoxious filibustering

Hillary’s anti-male subtext, to which so many women voters are plainly drawn, flared into view last week when she crowed to CNN’s Jake Tapper about her proven skills in sex war: “I have a lot of experience dealing with men who sometimes get off the reservation in the way they behave and how they speak….I’m not going to deal with their temper tantrums or their bullying or their efforts to try to provoke me.” The prestige media tried to suppress Hillary’s gaffes here (which breezily insulted both men and Native Americans) by simply not reporting them. Her campaign deflected initial criticism, but she made no personal response until the issue kept escalating. Five days later, she sat down with MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell and incredibly claimed that she had been referring to Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Rep. Rick Lazio and Vladimir Putin—none of whom have had perceptible “temper tantrums” about her.
    as for Trump, Paglia writes:
    Trump has knocked the stilts out from the GOP establishment and crushed the pretensions of a battalion of political commentators on both the Left and Right. Portraying him as a vile racist, illiterate boob, or the end of civilization as we know it hasn’t worked because his growing supporters are genuinely motivated by rational concerns about border security and bad trade deals. Whether Trump, with his erratic impulses and gratuitous crudities, can morph toward statesmanship remains to be seen.
    http://www.salon.com/2016/05/05/its_...of_the_elites/

After a maximum of one second, it would be difficult for any intelligent human being NOT to have a temper tantrum around HIldebeast, or to repress the primeval, atavistic urge to club her a few times.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Hillary's whole adult life has been predicated on exploiting the classic feminist double-standard to the fullest: "I'm a lady, so you knuckle-dragging men are obliged to hold the door open for me -- as I gratuitously kick you in the shin on my way by." It's taken Camille Paglia how many years to realize this?

I guess that it shouldn't be surprising that it took Paglia this long to come clean about Hillary after all. Since the liberal-left's favorite game has been "name that victim," running all over themselves to pinpoint the world's greatest sufferer at the hands of the military-industrial-white-male-capitalist-imperialist-European-oligarchy-Christian-financial-petro-chem-patriarchy, maybe Paglia has finally arrived at a moment of clarity, perhaps tacitly admitting that these identity politics victimhood games are, in reality, counterproductive.
      Last edited by slick_miester; 11 May 16, 13:11.
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

I don't think Trump will play nice with her...

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
          Hillary's whole adult life has been predicated on exploiting the classic feminist double-standard to the fullest: "I'm a lady, so you knuckle-dragging men are obliged to hold the door open for me -- as I gratuitously kick you in the shin on my way by." It's taken Camille Paglia how many years to realize this?

I guess that it shouldn't be surprising that it took Paglia this long to come clean about Hillary after all. Since the liberal-left's favorite game has been "name that victim," running all over themselves to pinpoint the world's greatest sufferer at the hands of the military-industrial-white-male-capitalist-imperialist-European-oligarchy-Christian-financial-petro-chem-patriarchy, maybe Paglia has finally arrived at a moment of clarity, perhaps tacitly admitting that these identity politics victimhood games are, in reality, counterproductive.
          ------------------------
          Actually, Camille Paglia has been very critical of Hillary Clinton over the years. She is one of the more honest Liberals out there. She has never been one to shy away from criticizing the left as well as the right. I don't agree with her on a lot of issues but I enjoy reading her columns over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            I don't think Trump will play nice with her...
            The ammunition against her keeps piling up. If the Dems were smart they would put Sanders up and undercut Trump's 'outsider' appeal.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
              The ammunition against her keeps piling up. If the Dems were smart they would put Sanders up and undercut Trump's 'outsider' appeal.
              The sort whom fit "Trump's 'outsider' appeal" have little in common with Bernie and his supporters. Two different 'camps' filled with two different 'critters'.

Got a taste of that this past weekend when Trump came to town, literally a few miles from my backyard, and both factions turned out. Trump came here to Lynden, Whatcom County because the Demos/libs in the guv'mint of Seattle, King County delayed processing the permits, etc. needed for Trump to speak at Boeing Field in Seattle.

The DNCers here in this county are about 3/4 supporters of Bernie and displayed their civility, tolerance and acceptance of diversity by physically blocking a main hiway, and lacing their protests with written and verbal obscenities. Fortunately very little of assaults and/or property damage.

Turnout of those wanting to see Trump was far in excess of the capacity for the venue, many had to either listen as best they could outside the fence, or go home and try to catch the live telecast.

So far looks like little common ground between the Bernie supporter/voter base and the one for Trump.

Bernie and his supporters are mostly of the taker mindset, out to pillage and plunder this nation while there is still something they can take(steal).

Trump supporters look more the type whom what to recover lost ground on ways and means to make this nation productive, secure, and 'great' as it once was.

These two candidates are opposite poles from each other. Such would seem from their political speak and the support base they seem to have gathered.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                The sort whom fit "Trump's 'outsider' appeal" have little in common with Bernie and his supporters. Two different 'camps' filled with two different 'critters'.

Got a taste of that this past weekend when Trump came to town, literally a few miles from my backyard, and both factions turned out. Trump came here to Lynden, Whatcom County because the Demos/libs in the guv'mint of Seattle, King County delayed processing the permits, etc. needed for Trump to speak at Boeing Field in Seattle.

The DNCers here in this county are about 3/4 supporters of Bernie and displayed their civility, tolerance and acceptance of diversity by physically blocking a main hiway, and lacing their protests with written and verbal obscenities. Fortunately very little of assaults and/or property damage.

Turnout of those wanting to see Trump was far in excess of the capacity for the venue, many had to either listen as best they could outside the fence, or go home and try to catch the live telecast.

So far looks like little common ground between the Bernie supporter/voter base and the one for Trump.

Bernie and his supporters are mostly of the taker mindset, out to pillage and plunder this nation while there is still something they can take(steal).

Trump supporters look more the type whom what to recover lost ground on ways and means to make this nation productive, secure, and 'great' as it once was.

These two candidates are opposite poles from each other. Such would seem from their political speak and the support base they seem to have gathered.
                Interesting.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Well, there's serious talk she'll make Elizabeth Warren (aka Pocahontas) her VP choice. There's a boat anchor that makes Joe Biden look like a genius...

Comment

Well, there's serious talk she'll make Elizabeth Warren (aka Pocahontas) her VP choice. There's a boat anchor that makes Joe Biden look like a genius...
                    That's a mistake. A candidate should pick a running make whose attributes balance their candidate's shortfalls.

But I can't say I would be displeased. As you've pointed out, that choice would only help Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
                      ------------------------
                      She is one of the more honest Liberals out there.
                      Isn’t the term “honest liberal” a contradiction?
                      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

That's a mistake. A candidate should pick a running make whose attributes balance their candidate's shortfalls.

But I can't say I would be displeased. As you've pointed out, that choice would only help Trump.
                        Warren's the sort of uber Progressive that will alienate 80% of the electorate and energize the other 20% to no end.

Comment

Warren's the sort of uber Progressive that will alienate 80% of the electorate and energize the other 20% to no end.
                          Sounds perfect! I really don't like trump, but he is preferable to Hillary.
                          "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Originally posted by jonny87kz View Post
                            Sounds perfect! I really don't like trump, but he is preferable to Hillary.
                            Pretty much my attitude. I would have preferred Cruz, but Trump will do.

Comment

If that happens Trump is guaranteed to win she'll probably run with a more centrist VP to try and get some Republicans not happy with Trump.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X