Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Trump as President apologize for Hiroshima?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Trump as President apologize for Hiroshima?

Would Trump as President apologize for Hiroshima?

It’s time methinks to consider aspects of a possible approach to foreign policy by a Trump presidency.
    (when I awoke this morning I was considering my post-breakfast activities.
    I was torn between putting lighted fireworks in neighborhood letter boxes, furtively misplacing books in the local library on wrong shelves to confound patrons, throwing a rock through my sunroom window, vanishing up my own backside or posting on the ACG Forum - quite a dilemma).
    However enough of my prologue - brilliant though they always are.

The coming visit by President Obama to Hiroshima but not offering an apology to Japan for the US dropping the bomb, raises the very interesting question of whether any president ever could?

Trump in one of his ‘shooting off at the mouth’, supposedly outrageous off the cuff, deliberately provocative thought bubbles (which like many of his, will under closer analysis and in perspective, appear to be nowhere near as impulsive or extreme as people first thought) suggested that Japan should be allowed obtain Nuclear weapons.

Given the way the guy operates and thinks I don’t believe he would have too much trouble saying sorry to Japan if he thought it would be of benefit to him and his aims.

Whether any US president should, is of course another topic of course.

Some approaches in foreign affairs can really only be undertaken or attempted by strong right-of center presidents.
    Realistically, the US rightly saw that only a staunch old anti-communist Cold-War warrior like Nixon could get the US out of Vietnam or go to China and begin the process of bringing it in from the cold.
    Only Reagan and Bush Snr, with their record of a strong stance against Communist hegemony in Eastern Europe could have worked with Gorbachev as the Communist empire peacefully unravelled.

Only Bush Jnr could…….err well… errrr…. ahem…. alright bad example.

But you see what I’m getting at?
    Trump is so far as can be determined, a rough diamond American Nationalist but with a strong streak of not being bound by previous ideas, conventional wisdoms or outdated mindsets.

In short he is a genuine maverick and loves being one.
    Should he become president I would not put apologising for the A-bombings past him.

As I said interesting times.
    Regards lodestar

No, and neither would I and no one should, but Obama probably will and I expect it.
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Obama started his apology tours even before he became POTUS. It will not stop now. Yep, he will apologize about Hiroshima, and then he will go to Vietnam for more apologizing. Knowing how his anti-America mind works, he is probably trying to figure out how to apologize to Dear Leader and North Korea just like he did for Iran and Cuba. Has he apologize to Germany yet for attacking their U-boats and bombing the crap out of their cities?
      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

No, and there is no reason whatsoever to do so. Nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki were part of a war where the US wanted Japan to surrender as unconditionally and totally as possible.
        They weren't even the worst mass bombing of Japanese cities in terms of area destroyed and casualties either.

Obama is just proving once more that he's an historical illiterate bent on a politically correct course of historical revision as seen by the far Left. In short, Obama is an idiot.

Comment

Did they apologize for Pearl Harbor?
          My worst jump story:
          My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
          As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
          No lie.

~
          "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
            Did they apologize for Pearl Harbor?
            http://www.nytimes.com/1991/12/08/wo...-war-poll.html

Not exactly...

They started a war and got a royal @$$ kicking and we should apologize too? I don't think so...

Go anywhere in Asia other than Japan and the Japanese are still hated for their atrocities from the WW 2 period.

Comment

He wouldn't, and he shouldn't.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were no one's fault but Japan's.
              Divine Mercy Sunday: 4/21/2020 (https://www.thedivinemercy.org/message) The Miracle of Lanciano: Jesus' Real Presence (https://web.archive.org/web/20060831...fcontents.html)

Comment

Oh Good Grief - unbelievable

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                Obama started his apology tours even before he became POTUS. It will not stop now. Yep, he will apologize about Hiroshima, and then he will go to Vietnam for more apologizing. Knowing how his anti-America mind works, he is probably trying to figure out how to apologize to Dear Leader and North Korea just like he did for Iran and Cuba. Has he apologize to Germany yet for attacking their U-boats and bombing the crap out of their cities?
                Do you even listen to news!

It has been made quite clear to Japan - PRESIDENT OBAMA WILL NOT BE APOLOGIZING FOR HIROSHIMA.

As for Vietnam!! Of course the US AND France should aploogize. You created the whole bloody tragedy didn't you!

How on earth do some you anti-Obama types come up with this drivel??
                Good grief, you can't that much out of touch with things.

Snowygerry observed in post #8 of my "Is a complete change in campaign tone Trump’s best chance to ‘wrong- foot’ Clinton?" thread-starter:

Of all those that opposed Obama, only roughly half support Trump, the other half hate him slightly less passionately than they hated Obama.

No one supports Clinton as no one supported Obama.

The ACG is completely unrepresentative of the US electorate at large.

Sheesh!

Regards lodestar

Comment

Harry Truman made the call on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. He is the only person who was ever qualified to apologize... He regretted what he had to do to end the war, but he never apologized.

What does this have to do with Trump?
                  Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by lodestar View Post
                    Do you even listen to news!

It has been made quite clear to Japan - PRESIDENT OBAMA WILL NOT BE APOLOGIZING FOR HIROSHIMA.

As for Vietnam!! Of course the US AND France should aploogize. You created the whole bloody tragedy didn't you!

How on earth do some you anti-Obama types come up with this drivel??
                    Good grief, you can't that much out of touch with things.

Snowygerry observed in post #8 of my "Is a complete change in campaign tone Trump’s best chance to ‘wrong- foot’ Clinton?" thread-starter:

Of all those that opposed Obama, only roughly half support Trump, the other half hate him slightly less passionately than they hated Obama.

No one supports Clinton as no one supported Obama.

The ACG is completely unrepresentative of the US electorate at large.

Sheesh!

Regards lodestar
                    No, the French did. The US simply was reacting to a situation where there were any number of (primarily) Communist revolutions and invasions of non-Communist nations going on.
                    If you forget, there were Communist insurgencies at the time in Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, the Philippines, Thailand, etc. Given that the result of every successful Communist insurgency was a brutal dictatorship that repressed those conquered, and killed anywhere up to millions, the fact that the US by becoming involved in Vietnam allowed the vast majority of those in Southeast Asia to fail.
                    The US also shouldn't apologize for Vietnam given how the South was treated after the North did manage to conquer it, or how the Khmer Rouge conquest of Cambodia went...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      No, the French did. The US simply was reacting to a situation where there were any number of (primarily) Communist revolutions and invasions of non-Communist nations going on.
                      If you forget, there were Communist insurgencies at the time in Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, the Philippines, Thailand, etc. Given that the result of every successful Communist insurgency was a brutal dictatorship that repressed those conquered, and killed anywhere up to millions, the fact that the US by becoming involved in Vietnam allowed the vast majority of those in Southeast Asia to fail.
                      The US also shouldn't apologize for Vietnam given how the South was treated after the North did manage to conquer it, or how the Khmer Rouge conquest of Cambodia went...
                      Of course, but you are not seeing it the way the Left or people like Leftists all over the world see it.

Each and every US action related to war happened in a total vacuum, you cannot look at the situation as a whole.
                      Every act of violence committed by any American in any situation at all was a CRIME, and can only be seen in that way, in isolation.

That is the driving force behind revisionist history, after all.

For people living in the real world -

For everyone else, well, go look at the polls that asked College kids who won the Civil War, or who the US won it's independence from. The % of right answers is so low that the success of the Blame Americans crowd seems inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                        Of course, but you are not seeing it the way the Left or people like Leftists all over the world see it.

Each and every US action related to war happened in a total vacuum, you cannot look at the situation as a whole.
                        Every act of violence committed by any American in any situation at all was a CRIME, and can only be seen in that way, in isolation.

That is the driving force behind revisionist history, after all.

For people living in the real world -

For everyone else, well, go look at the polls that asked College kids who won the Civil War, or who the US won it's independence from. The % of right answers is so low that the success of the Blame Americans crowd seems inevitable.
                        You left off that the US moves were against Leftist revolutionary movements who wanted nothing more that to establish Democratic Worker's Paradises for the oppressed peoples chaffing under the yoke of Imperialist, Capitalist task masters...

Comment

This is the weirdest question related to Trump's future .
                          Am i waiting for a German tourist apologizes for Oradour ?
                          That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Hiroshima is not Oradour:Hiroshima was legal,Oradour was illegal . Hiroshima was good, Oradour was bad .

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
                              This is the weirdest question related to Trump's future .
                              Am i waiting for a German tourist apologizes for Oradour ?

Painful Past: German President Visits Nazi Massacre Site

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-920478.html

"Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X