Obama's "Monument to Sin"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    And, the purpose of that movement was to... what?

Give equal rights to homosexuals to publically practice their sexual choices? To allow homosexuals to enter into legal sexual relationships, like marriage?

It is you that can't see the similarity.

No, it was to give equal rights for homosexuals to privately practice their sexual choices and not suffer discrimination or legal sanction if it became public knowledge that they did.

Only someone with a pathological fear/hatred of difference could fail to understand that...oh....wait.
    Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

This is a history forum.

I'm sure everyone knows that phallic sculptures were common place in the Ancient world to proclaim the superiority of men, and fertility reasons IIRC.

I don't know, maybe they just liked dicks everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by BKnight3 View Post
        This is a history forum.

I'm sure everyone knows that phallic sculptures were common place in the Ancient world to proclaim the superiority of men, and fertility reasons IIRC.

I don't know, maybe they just liked dicks everywhere.
        And we still do. We elect most of the biggest ones to public office.

I'm just wondering how Knothead can consider a monument to gay people without a similar monument to slaves, the politically oppressed and white people, who have been blamed for everything since WWII.

And how about a huge monument to the white, Anglo-Saxon, hetereosexual married couples to honor those who settled America? And a Chinese one to honor those who built the Transcontinental Railroad?

Maybe we can balance the national budget by building useless monuments.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          Why do we need a national monument to a sexual proclivity? Is there a national monument to heterosexual marriage for example? How about one to sex in general? Why does homosexual sexual activity deserve special recognition on a national level?
          We don't need it. But, there's a lot of things we have that we don't need and in the end amount to nothing significant. It's nothing I need to be concerned over, it's nothing I should take offense to. It's nothing worth battling. Am I supposed to be jealous that homosexuals are getting a monument, while us heterosexuals get nothing? Come on. Why should I care that they have something and I don't? Does this monument make you feel less significant?

I'll never know what it's like being gay in such a cruel and bigoted world. I'll never know what it's like to have my freedoms deprived due to sexual orientation. Good for them, that they have a monument. After being ridiculed and ostracized for decades it's the least that could be done.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

I'll never know what it's like being gay in such a cruel and bigoted world. I'll never know what it's like to have my freedoms deprived due to sexual orientation. Good for them, that they have a monument. After being ridiculed and ostracized for decades it's the least that could be done.
            Okay, lets just put a monument up for the Navy and call it done...
            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

We don't need it. But, there's a lot of things we have that we don't need and in the end amount to nothing significant. It's nothing I need to be concerned over, it's nothing I should take offense to. It's nothing worth battling. Am I supposed to be jealous that homosexuals are getting a monument, while us heterosexuals get nothing? Come on. Why should I care that they have something and I don't? Does this monument make you feel less significant?

When everything is important, nothing is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                Okay, lets just put a monument up for the Navy and call it done...
                They still fight as apposed to the pink pantry Bde.

Oh me oh my I was in the AF and fought a war from the middle of MO. I need a medal.
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

My view exactly.
                  "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                  validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                  "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X