Trump calls for the end of the minimum wage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    ..... and it costs jobs. .....and makes our goods overpriced on the international market.

GG
    No, the miniscule wages in SE Asia and China cost us in the international market. There's no way that we can compete against them.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
      No, the miniscule wages in SE Asia and China cost us in the international market. There's no way that we can compete against them.
      Actually, nowdays production is moving to Mexico since wages in Asia have been rising. You can't compete with them either.
      Wisdom is personal

Comment

That's what I said. ???????

GG
        "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Originally posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
          That's what I said. ???????

GG
          You made it sound like our minimum wage laws made us uncompetitive. We could get rid of them and still not be competitive. An American couldn't survive on the equivalent of what some foreign workers make.

Comment

You made it sound like our minimum wage laws made us uncompetitive. We could get rid of them and still not be competitive. An American couldn't survive on the equivalent of what some foreign workers make.
            That's why we should have tariffs. If the Mexicans get five cents a hour as a wage there's no way we can compete with them. Also China has no EPA and no concern about taking a dump in their nest. That makes them more competitive than us. Myself I'd like a good wage and a clean environment.

That is more expensive but quality of life is better than living in squalor.
            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X