Trump calls for the end of the minimum wage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump calls for the end of the minimum wage

Looks like he's going to be outflanking Hilary with her Wall Street friends with this. As they are going to love him for it.
    So if your a working man, expect longer hours and lower pay from now on ! And people still want to vote for this guy as he's screwing them like this

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...mum-wage-trump

Originally posted by History fan View Post
    Looks like he's going to be outflanking Hilary with her Wall Street friends with this. As they are going to love him for it.
    So if your a working man, expect longer hours and lower pay from now on ! And people still want to vote for this guy as he's screwing them like this

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...mum-wage-trump
    You'd be surprised at how many of his supporters who I know personally, say that they are going to work until the day that they die. They are all in their 30-40's and seem to think that they are going to be in excellent health until the day before they die. They say it like it's a badge of honor. They are lousy with finances, yet expect the government to be debt free. I keep telling them that there is a big difference between working because you want to and working because you have to. It falls on deaf ears...

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
      You'd be surprised at how many of his supporters who I know personally, say that they are going to work until the day that they die. They are all in their 30-40's and seem to think that they are going to be in excellent health until the day before they die. They say it like it's a badge of honor. They are lousy with finances, yet expect the government to be debt free. I keep telling them that there is a big difference between working because you want to and working because you have to. It falls on deaf ears...
      That's shocking. What do they think they are going to do when they get let go for somone who will do the job only cheaper ! Or do they really think Trumps doing this for there benefit

Comment

Hardly the end. Maybe to a federal minimum wage. But, many states set their own already so it wouldn't be "the end" just the end of one set by Washington DC. That would be a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          Hardly the end. Maybe to a federal minimum wage. But, many states set their own already so it wouldn't be "the end" just the end of one set by Washington DC. That would be a good thing.

Dragon territory...
          "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
            Dragon territory...
            Of course. There be dragons! That's what Obama will blame the Fort McMurray fire on...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

This is what happens when people take a portion of a quote and run with it. Trump clearly said he now believe individual states should decide what the appropriate minimum wage should be. That makes sense, each state is different as to cost of living and such. Here in the San Francisco bay area, an individual would need at least $15/hr FT just to be able to pay rent and eat for the month.
              "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Maryland just raised their minimum wage to ten dollars. I don't see the problem with that.
                My worst jump story:
                My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                No lie.

~
                "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                  Maryland just raised their minimum wage to ten dollars. I don't see the problem with that.
                  Its not that simple....Many blue collar wages are tied to the minimum wage..If the minimum goes up by 20% then their wages go up 20%..Wages are on the rise to make up for jobs that are no longer there..To get ahead one must come up with something as in business that someone else needs... Say, making trans gender bathroom signs...

Comment

Since 1955 the minimum wage has been raised 21 times, what has been accomplished by raising the minimum wage since 1955?

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0774473.html
                    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                      Since 1955 the minimum wage has been raised 21 times, what has been accomplished by raising the minimum wage since 1955?

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0774473.html
                      It's kept up with inflation?

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                        This is what happens when people take a portion of a quote and run with it. Trump clearly said he now believe individual states should decide what the appropriate minimum wage should be. That makes sense, each state is different as to cost of living and such. Here in the San Francisco bay area, an individual would need at least $15/hr FT just to be able to pay rent and eat for the month.
                        He wants an increase in minimum wage at the state level. Which still equates to the same thing regardless of who ends up being responsible.
                        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                          He wants an increase in minimum wage at the state level. Which still equates to the same thing regardless of who ends up being responsible.
                          He's running for president, not governor.

This move is in line with the 10th Amendment.

The state governments should handle minimum wage, not the federal government.
                          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                            He's running for president, not governor.

This move is in line with the 10th Amendment.

The state governments should handle minimum wage, not the federal government.

That's not the point. I don't need the President doing anything to encourage a raise in minimum wage at the state level. Hurting the economy in the process. Plus, current minimum wage is fine for certain jobs.
                            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                            - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                              That's not the point. I don't need the President doing anything to encourage a raise in minimum wage at the state level. Hurting the economy in the process. Plus, current minimum wage is fine for certain jobs.
                              Donald Trump is right about two things:

1)There should be no Federal mandated minimum wage at all. With a Federal minimum wager it is natural that all the States would try to peg the State minimum as close to the Federal as possible. It makes no sense minimum wage is nearly the same all across the 50, while the cost of living expenses is no where close to even.

2)It should be left to the States. Reducing the overbearing Federal intrusion into State issues must be a priority.
                              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X