Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a complete change in campaign tone Trump’s best chance to ‘wrong- foot’ Clinton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
    With all respect friend............No matter what, at least with Trump I do not believe we would ever see him kiss some middle eastern rulers ass...........
    I agree. And he is much more likely to be taken seriously by those same leaders. Hillary is both known and held in contempt by them, but Trump is the kind of man who probably is just blustering...but might not be.

Leave a comment:

• jeffdoorgunnr
    replied
    Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
    Huh! He flip flops sometimes on a daily basis, during his career he has probably been on each side of every issue (if one is paying attention), I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him with anything he says he will do, only his hardcore supporter will.
    But it really doesn't matter, he will go down in a landslide in the general election.
    With all respect friend............No matter what, at least with Trump I do not believe we would ever see him kiss some middle eastern rulers ass...........

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
    AJR,

So far the trumpster has gotten less than 40% of the primary vote. The primary voter of neither party is a good representative of the general population.
    Doesn't matter. He took the nomination. Now the game begins.

Hate on him all you want, but Trump is 50% of the choice you have. The alternative is Hillary.
    Last edited by Arnold J Rimmer; 10 May 16, 21:35.

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    The best thing to come out of this will be seeing Hillary wet her pants in shame.

Leave a comment:

• 17thfabn
    replied
    Originally Posted by Arnold J Rimmer

Oddly, that 'sizeable percentage' didn't stop him from winning the primary.

Lots of whistling past the graveyard.

The key he has is that he is not Hillary. In the end, that is his best selling point.

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
    Only because he is male. Trump has elevated mendacity to an art form!
    Okay Bass Man, you made me look up MENDACITY!

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mendacity

Pretty much spot on for the trumpster, and most politicians!

AJR,

So far the trumpster has gotten less than 40% of the primary vote. The primary voter of neither party is a good representative of the general population.

Leave a comment:

• MarkV
    replied
    As W S Gilbert put it in 1882
    SONG – PRIVATE WILLIS.
    When all night long a chap remains
    On sentry-go, to chase monotony
    He exercises of his brains,
    That is, assuming that he’s got any.
    Though never nurtured in the lap
    Of luxury, yet I admonish you,
    I am an intellectual chap,
    And think of things that would astonish you.
    I often think it’s comical – Fal, lal, la!
    How Nature always does contrive – Fal, lal, la!
    That every boy and every gal
    That’s born into the world alive
    Is either a little Liberal
    Or else a little Conservative!
    Fal, lal, la!
    When in that House M.P.’s divide,
    If they’ve a brain and cerebellum, too,
    They’ve got to leave that brain outside,
    And vote just as their leaders tell ’em to.
    But then the prospect of a lot
    Of dull M. P.’s in close proximity,
    All thinking for themselves, is what
    No man can face with equanimity.
    Then let’s rejoice with loud Fal la – Fal la la!
    That Nature always does contrive – Fal lal la!
    That every boy and every gal
    That’s born into the world alive
    Is either a little Liberal
    Or else a little Conservative!
    Fal lal la!
    Iolanthe Act II scene 1
    Change MP for congressman or whatever and it probably still works

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
    Good points, my knowledge of the US political system is limited, and it shows
    US politics is machine politics. The parties exert tremendous control over the candidates. Both the Dems and the GOP have a nationwide network of unpaid volunteers and paid coordinators ready to pitch in on any election.

Congressmen have to pay annual dues to the party, ranging fro $120,000 to $950,00o a year. In return they get a massive system geared, trained, and led to run a campaign.

No independent can stand up to that sort of thing.

Leave a comment:

• Snowygerry
    replied
    Good points, my knowledge of the US political system is limited, and it shows

Leave a comment:

• MarkV
    replied
    Wouldn't this be a good time for an independent candidate to get in between Clinton and Trump ?

In between the hate for both and the massive discontent with US established parties in general taking this election would a piece of cake.

"You don't like the Blob, you don't like the Rug ?"

"Vote for me !"

Wouldn't do him/her/it any good unless they had some congressional candidates - both sides there would probably combine to give the new president a good political kicking - nothing would get done.

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Wouldn't this be a good time for an independent candidate to get in between Clinton and Trump ?

In between the hate for both and the massive discontent with US established parties in general taking this election would a piece of cake.

"Vote for me !"

Not at all. An independent candidate would be useless. You would see a truly bipartisan effort by Congress to completely neuter their administration.

There will only be two, and in the end, only one.

Leave a comment:

• Snowygerry
    replied

"Vote for me !"

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
    You can always vote for Hillary. She thinks your pension is too large and the VA system is unnecessary, so enjoy the ride.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    What one wins in the primary's are only within their own party and not the general election.

Leave a comment:

• Bass_Man86
    replied
    Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    Oddly, that 'sizeable percentage' didn't stop him from winning the primary.

Lots of whistling past the graveyard.

The key he has is that he is not Hillary. In the end, that is his best selling point.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Politicians can always change their position, and do it all of the time, but Trump's position is what is gathering him votes by the millions.

The run-up to November is going to be dirty and deadly, because The Hildebeast has a ton of politically bad baggage, all of which Trump will gleefully surface and keep pounding away at.

Shrillary had better hope Trump doesn't win, because she is undoubtedly looking at a prison sentence if he does.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X