Obama says Presidency not a "reality show."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama says Presidency not a "reality show."

I started laughing my @$$ off at that headline.

Obama treats his job like one. How many late night talk shows, like some Hollywood celebrity has he been on? How many vacuous appearances and speeches has he given for self-promotion?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...0dl?li=BBnb7Kz

"This is not entertainment. This is not a reality show. This is a contest for the presidency of the United States. What that means is that every candidate, every nominee needs to be subject to exacting standards and genuine scrutiny." Obama told reporters in an unscheduled question-and-answer session at the White House Friday.
    Then there was this gem, as if Hillary didn't deserve scrutiny for her past...

Trump, he said, "has a long record that needs to be examined. And I think it’s important for us to take seriously the statements he's made in the past."

^ Same here. Irony from one of the best con-artists in USA history.

One of the least qualified candidates we've ever seen whose done a pss poor performance of OTJT.

Comment

Well there's a big difference between this

and

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

No difference at all... Just different sports...

Comment

I recall a current POTUS, before he was POTUS and campaigning for such, making the claim that many medical doctors engage in treatments and operations on patients that aren't needed but will pad the MDs bank account. Give me a while and I think I can come up with a few other outrageous and divisive comments and positions of that first and later campaigning effort by BHO, 'the community organizer'.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
            Well there's a big difference between this

[img...]http://i2.cdn.turner.com/dr/hln/www/release/sites/default/files/imagecache/textarticle_640/2012/04/25/obama-fallon-slow-jam-news.jpg[/img]

and

[img...]http://www.rawstory.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/a69-800x430.jpg[/img]
            Big difference... Trump doesn't need Jimmy Fallon.
            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Bigger difference; The man at the top is "business as usual".... The man at the bottom is angry.... I think this nation NEEDS to be a bit angry.....

How many years is the Congress going to go on with less than 20% approval? Worse, how many years are they NOT going to give a damn? (After all their voters keep them in office.....)

As long as we are complacent, they will stick it to us.

I surmise that the only recourse is NOT to be complacent..... hence TRUMP.

GG
              "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

"So, what's it like to be the last Black President?"

They actually said that...

Dance!

and Sing

Okay, okay, we get it!

The Presidency is a Variety Show.
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                  I started laughing my @$$ off at that headline.

Obama treats his job like one. How many late night talk shows, like some Hollywood celebrity has he been on? How many vacuous appearances and speeches has he given for self-promotion?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...0dl?li=BBnb7Kz

Then there was this gem, as if Hillary didn't deserve scrutiny for her past...
                  BHO has done a half-a$$ed job of "playing" a POTUS and helped to further bankrupt this Nation in many ways, but he believes that packaging is the same as substance. His hype is better than his product.

BTW, if he weren't POTUS, I'd gauge that Barry would be hard to cast in a "reality show" and would draw very low ratings.

Comment

You could have fooled me. He's approached it that way.

Comment

"0" has a hell of a lot of room to talk
                      Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
                        You could have fooled me. He's approached it that way.

Thank you, Biscuit. You said it for me.
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X