Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How safe is your fresh foods at the supermarket or restaurant??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How safe is your fresh foods at the supermarket or restaurant??

Not safe at all from Terrorist or any other nut case that Progressives keep making excuses for their behavior.
    http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/...art_river_home
    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Its usually just home grown nut cases that deliberately poison or contaminate food or pharmaceuticals but you're probably more at risk from sloppy food handling procedures
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Haven't been sick from eating food in over 70 years. Why worry now?
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

"Quit pickin' yer nose and plate the veggies!"

I just don't eat at restaurants if I have another alternative. Having many acquaintances who are or were 'restaurant gypsies' their stories of some kitchen help being perhaps a half-step above protozoa level scares the crap out of me...
        ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          About 20 years ago got a bad case of OP poisoning through some calf's liver in Frankfurt. No deliberate poisoning - some negligence in the farming industry. After some 50 years working in over 45 countries apart from that all I've had has been two cases of Montezumas revenge one in Lahore and one in Caracas. Mind you I've always been sensible - no salads because you never know where the water in which they were washed came from, No ice in drinks for the same reason etc etc. but there's no point in being paranoid about one's provender.
          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)

Comment

The OP reminds me

In 1914 in Britain there was a spate of stories about enemy agents attempting to poison large numbers of people in the country using plague bacteria. The stories although reported in papers all over the country as having happened in a wide range of locations were all remarkably similar. The source was usually a mother who had had a letter from he son in the army telling her about the incident. The afore said son on sentry go had apprehended a suspicious individual who had been found to have glass bottles in his pocket clearly labelled (conveniently in English) as containing plague germs with which he intended to poison the local water/food supplies. The agent was almost always Austrian and had been sentenced to be shot.

There was of course no such event and the stories all bear features common to a pre war short story by H G Wells about an Austrian anarchist attempting to steal plague germs with which to poison the London reservoirs. Some provincial journalist had obviously decided it was simply easier to make up news than go out and find some. Not only did the story spread round Britain but variants of it later surfaced in France and the USA! It would seem that it still pops up in various forms

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
              Had a few minor cases travelling overseas, but managed to travel on 4 continents without much issue. The two worst cases I've had by far were at home. One was a dodgy spinach & feta pastry from a well known Melbourne market, the other was a cold sausage I left in the fridge. The latter made me so sick that I almost passed out. Thought I might be having a stroke or something bad & called an ambulance. Not fun, but my own fault.
              Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Getting sick from bad water or improperly prepared and stored foods has always been a risk. Deliberate contamination of the food supply for the purpose of making people sick is criminal if not Terrorism.

This nut was spraying produce and deli foods at supermarkets with a mixture of crap that included rodent poison containing warfain, a blood thinner that can cause fatal internal bleeding. Someone already taking that drug could end up with a fatal overdose should they have consumed any of the contaminated products.

The scary part, He has been doing so all over the state including up here in Midland, and was doing so without being caught.
                “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                  Getting sick from bad water or improperly prepared and stored foods has always been a risk. Deliberate contamination of the food supply for the purpose of making people sick is criminal if not Terrorism.

This nut was spraying produce and deli foods at supermarkets with a mixture of crap that included rodent poison containing warfain, a blood thinner that can cause fatal internal bleeding. Someone already taking that drug could end up with a fatal overdose should they have consumed any of the contaminated products.

The scary part, He has been doing so all over the state including up here in Midland, and was doing so without being caught.
                  Yes but nuts have occasionally done that sort of thing down the ages - no need to start general paranoia about food. That's doing the nuts work for them - also nuts.

Comment

Wake me up when they start jailing the CEO's of food companies for all the toxic and harmful chemicals they put in food.
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                      Wake me up when they start jailing the CEO's of food companies for all the toxic and harmful chemicals they put in food.
                      Wake you up?

Does that mean that you will stop posting here until they stop putting the chemicals in the food?
                      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

And the radio transceivers in our tooth fillings. Gotta put a stop to that too.
                        A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Compared to just 75 years ago, food today is incredibly safe. Show some perspective.

How safe is safe enough? How much are you willing to spend to be safe? How many people are you willing to see have their lives diminished or even ruined by an excessive level and cost of safety?

Comment

FDA has finally confirmed that chicken meat sold in the USA contains arsenic, my head, and stomach, nearly hit the roof. This cancer-causing toxic chemical, that in high doses could kill you, is actually being added to chicken feed on purpose, giving store-bought chicken the illusion of healthy coloring and plump appearance. Shockingly, this is the case with more than 70 percent of all U.S. chickens! That is just awful!
                            http://www.msn.com/en-ca/foodanddrin...nic/ar-AA8cWca

Although it was shown to be a human carcinogen in 1971, DES used in meat production was not completely banned until 1979. (Now, the meat industry just uses different synthetic estrogen implants.)
                            The drugs fed to chickens are one reason used to explain why poultry has been tied to increased cancer risk. See Chicken Dioxins, Viruses, or Antibiotics?.

The most concerning drugs currently in the U.S. poultry supply are the antibiotics, though.
                            http://nutritionfacts.org/2016/01/26...ns-fed-prozac/

Undeniably our agriculture industry and their lobbyist have done far more harm. Yet, we rather politicize some wack job while excusing criminal behavior when it involves big business.
                            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                            - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/foodanddrin...nic/ar-AA8cWca

http://nutritionfacts.org/2016/01/26...ns-fed-prozac/

Undeniably our agriculture industry and their lobbyist have done far more harm. Yet, we rather politicize some wack job while excusing criminal behavior when it involves big business.
                              I went through the links in the top article looking for one that gave an actual measurement of the level of arsenic present. The FDA's own article on it says this:

In response, scientists from the FDA’s Center for Veterinary Medicine and the Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition developed an analytical method capable of detecting very low levels of inorganic arsenic in edible tissue.

Using the new method, FDA scientists found that the levels of inorganic arsenic in the livers of chickens treated with 3-Nitro® were increased relative to levels in the livers of the untreated control chickens.
                              http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/.../ucm257540.htm

Well, how friggin' useless is that statement? No mention of the level beyond using an analytical method capable of detecting very low levels of inorganic arsenic in edible tissue.

My guess is that it's a few ppb (Parts Per Billion). That means the measured levels are totally irrelevant to you %*^@ health! Worse, that low a level could be gotten from a number of other sources as well.

It's a case of panic over nothing. Yes, you can be too safe.

Comment

Working...
                              X