Trumps VP choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BF69 View Post
    Carson would be a stupid pick. Trump is the 'I say stupid stuff' guy on the ticket. The last thing he needs is someone who says even more stupid stuff. Turns out politics ain't brain surgery, its tougher.

Trump's problem is that he has high negatives with so many groups that its hard to cover all the bases. A young, female latino with impeccable conservative credentials, experience and a fairly sober disposition. Of course, ticking all those boxes will set the conservative blogoshpere baying at the moon, and the whole 'put a few coloured faces in the front row' thing clearly isn't changing the image of the party the way GOP supporters think it should (if the supporters want to know why, stop blaming the media, look in the mirror & look at what they post online). Another reason why Carson won't achieve anything.

All that said, another 'old white guy' isn't the answer. Jim Webb would have made a fine running mate for someone like Rubio or Cruz (not that Cruz is that classy), not Trump. His other problem is finding someone with any credibility who wants to hitch their star to him.My bet is he'll go for a woman or someone who isn't white. Fiorina might have been a good choice if not for the 'two failures in one campaign' thing. Nikki Haley might be a good choice, but she might not see it as a good career move. Maybe Bobby Jindal. Has he come out in support already?

Of course, its Trump, so he might choose a horse....unless he's planning that for a casual vacancy in the Senate.
    I like that brain surgery quote so much I am going to steal it.
    One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions - Admiral Grace Hopper

"The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity."
    Wu Cheng'en Monkey

Comment

I am a bit of a Reluctant Jack Reacher fan but "Without Fail" where Reacher goes all secret service to protect the VP. The passage below relates to Reacher and the Secret Service and FBI discussing anonymous threats to a vice president elect.

One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions - Admiral Grace Hopper

Wu Cheng'en Monkey

Comment

Originally posted by Chukka View Post
        I like that brain surgery quote so much I am going to steal it.
        By all means. My royalty rate is very reasonable.
        Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

You do know what steal means don't you.

Wu Cheng'en Monkey

Comment

Originally posted by Chukka View Post
            You do know what steal means don't you.
            I get 50% of Primary delegates with 40% of the vote?
            Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Some are still willing to suck up. We have Gov Christy of course and now another:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-support-trump

"Rick Perry just told me in a phone call from his home state of Texas that he does support Donald Trump and he's going to do everything he can to help Donald Trump get elected,"
              Perry reportedly ruled out a third-party run and said he would be open to serving as Trump's vice president.
              “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
              “To talk of many things:
              Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
              Of cabbages—and kings—
              And why the sea is boiling hot—
              And whether pigs have wings.”
              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Sarah Palin. She jumped on The Donald's band wagon right from the git-go. Sure would make for an entertaining campaign in the fall.

Comment

Trump/Palin would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by III Corps View Post
                    Sarah Palin. She jumped on The Donald's band wagon right from the git-go. Sure would make for an entertaining campaign in the fall.
                    She would be highly effective, since the entire Dumbocrat party is terrified of her, and she is far more intelligent than Shrillary.

If you really want to lie awake at night in sheer terror, try to imagine the Hildebeast in command of American's armed forces and nuclear warheads.

Comment

Trump's optimal VP choice: a handicapped Jewish Native American lesbian female who is part black and part illegal Hispanic whi is also a single mother on welfare.

Can't miss...

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        She would be highly effective, since the entire Dumbocrat party is terrified of her, and she is far more intelligent than Shrillary.

If you really want to lie awake at night in sheer terror, try to imagine the Hildebeast in command of American's armed forces and nuclear warheads.

Much, much humor in this post....

“The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                        “To talk of many things:
                        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                        Of cabbages—and kings—
                        And why the sea is boiling hot—
                        And whether pigs have wings.”
                        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Trump's optimal VP choice: a handicapped Jewish Native American lesbian female who is part black and part illegal Hispanic whi is also a single mother on welfare.

Can't miss...

So, copy Obama and play the reverse-race card? I'm sorry, but that's been done and nobody with an IQ over 50 was impressed.
                          It would also be nice if the stand-by President was less horrifying than the idea of a President Joe "huh, whut?" Biden.

Paul, yes, Jindal... meh. Christie over my dead body.

Comment

Ha, Donald and the Ducks. Disney wouldn't be amused.
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

It must be a woman. Someone credible who can shut down the attack line that Trump hates women. All other considerations are secondary. He is obviously going to bomb in the Black and Hispanic vote. He will just have to suck that one up and take white voters off the Dems.

Ideally a female with broader appeal so probably not from the Tea Party. A relative moderate but one who will not directly challenge Trump's big calls on The Wall and Muslim world immigration.
                              Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

This came up elsewhere a few weeks back. At that time my thought was he should pick Carly Fiorina. Since I have wondered if Cruz tagging her first was actually nothing more than a stunt designed to deny Trump that choice. Cruz knew he couldn't win.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X