Trumps VP choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trumps VP choice

Who would you expect or like him to choose?

Personally, I think a vacuous celebrity that would bring in the minority vote would be perfect for him. Somebody like Beyoncé...

Black, female, popular... That'd devastate Shrillary's game plan...

I don't see Mrs Trump going for that! If he wants to really upset some people, how about Ted Cruz? Ted would never survive a term as VP, politically.

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

How about a Democrat, say Jim Webb?

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump goes down that road, given how he is indeed a liberal Democrat in Republican disguise.

But let's put that aside for a moment, if you can.

Can you imagine a crazed person walking up to you and just basically accused your father of being a devious character, suspected of involvement with an assassination of a President? What would you do in that situation? Either walk way or call cops on him as it's obvious he's out of his mind...literally.

In Trump's case, what did we do? We basically handed him keys to Republican nomination for President. Can you see what is wrong with this picture?

No matter who Trump picks as his VP, let me assure you that we're indeed royally screwed double over.
      Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Ben Carson, or Paul the 2nd.
        The only ones running this year that are close to his platform and have some sort of integrity.

One to the next thread...
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Ted Cruz would be horrible for the ticket. He is a bigger loser in the General than Trump. Look it to be a "sane" "establishment" pick. Probably Kasich (in order to take Ohio, and maybe Michigan). Rubio is probably too damaged to help take Florida.

For Trump to win he is going to have to take Ohio, Florida, Virginia, North Carolina (or a similar state that went to Obama), and one other "swing" state.

It is the polls in those states that need to be followed. Everything else will largely stay the same, unless. . .

Trump is crushed everywhere. A lot of people on this forum do not realize just how out of touch with the remainder of the population, and also seem to forget that women vote in larger numbers than men (around 52~53% in recent elections). Traditionally they go for Democrats around 55-45. If Hillary takes 60% of the female vote, it will be a decisive defeat for Trump and a slaughter down ticket for the GOP.

All the politicians and the like that I know expect a sound whipping of the GOP in November, and so a number of the local millages are gambling on that.

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
            How about a Democrat, say Jim Webb?

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump goes down that road, given how he is indeed a liberal Democrat in Republican disguise.
            True, and seems likely:

Ben Carson, the former rival now helping presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump choose a running mate, said Thursday he doesn’t want the position and that Democrats may be among those considered.
            http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...te/ar-BBsGOET?
            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
            - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
              Ben Carson, or Paul the 2nd.
              The only ones running this year that are close to his platform and have some sort of integrity.

One to the next thread...
              Paul, thankfully is no where close to Trump's platform.
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
              - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post

All the politicians and the like that I know expect a sound whipping of the GOP in November,

Tuebor
                Very feeble argument, unless you know every one in Congress, and,besides, the opinion of the Democrats is not relevant,unless you think that they will tell you that Hillary will lose .

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                  Who would you expect or like him to choose?
                  Has Hillary not a sister ?

Comment

Carson would be a stupid pick. Trump is the 'I say stupid stuff' guy on the ticket. The last thing he needs is someone who says even more stupid stuff. Turns out politics ain't brain surgery, its tougher.

Trump's problem is that he has high negatives with so many groups that its hard to cover all the bases. A young, female latino with impeccable conservative credentials, experience and a fairly sober disposition. Of course, ticking all those boxes will set the conservative blogoshpere baying at the moon, and the whole 'put a few coloured faces in the front row' thing clearly isn't changing the image of the party the way GOP supporters think it should (if the supporters want to know why, stop blaming the media, look in the mirror & look at what they post online). Another reason why Carson won't achieve anything.

All that said, another 'old white guy' isn't the answer. Jim Webb would have made a fine running mate for someone like Rubio or Cruz (not that Cruz is that classy), not Trump. His other problem is finding someone with any credibility who wants to hitch their star to him.My bet is he'll go for a woman or someone who isn't white. Fiorina might have been a good choice if not for the 'two failures in one campaign' thing. Nikki Haley might be a good choice, but she might not see it as a good career move. Maybe Bobby Jindal. Has he come out in support already?

Of course, its Trump, so he might choose a horse....unless he's planning that for a casual vacancy in the Senate.
                    Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Please! Somebody take Jindal far away from Louisiana!

Pruitt
                      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Maybe he can make a reality tv show out of it.
                        you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Vince McMahon he needs the right help for running the Trump Gladiator games fought by death row inmates on PPV.

Last edited by VinceW; 06 May 16, 02:24.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceW View Post
                            Vince McMahon he needs the right help for running the Trump Gladiator games fought by death row inmates on PPV.

Mmmm i like this idea.
                            you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Some other successful business man with little connection to DC or reality should fit just fine with the Donald. Who isn't picked for VP can be SoS and one left for DoD

"Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Working...
                              X