Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    How about "jail bird" or "jail bait"?

What next? Change prison and pen to boys camp?
    I always liked the one that the guy used in "Hill Street Blues" (Remember that?) ; DIRTBAG!

GG
    "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
      Orwellian correct speak appears again, from the usual suspects of the American Regressive Left ...

Obama DOJ Bans 'Disparaging' Labels 'Felon,' 'Offender.' Here Are Their PC Replacements.

Following President Obama's lead, the Department of Justice is continuing its Orwellian scrubbing of the language. Not only is it now calling young criminals "justice-involved youth" (seriously), it's now banning the terms "felon," "convict," and "offender" because they are "disparaging labels." Their replacements: "person who committed a crime" and "individual who was incarcerated."

The change was proudly announced by Assistant Attorney General Karol Mason, head of the Office of Justice programs, in a piece published in The Washington Post Wednesday titled "Justice Dept. Agency To Alter Its Terminology For Relased Convicts, To Ease Reentry." The goal, Mason explains, is to "reduce the psychological barriers to reintergration" for felons and convicts individuals who committed a crime/were incarcerated.

"[M]any of the formerly incarcerated men, women, and young people I talk with say that no punishment is harsher than being permanently branded a 'felon' or 'offender,'" she writes. "The labels we affix to those who have served time can drain their sense of self-worth and perpetuate a cycle of crime, the very thing reentry programs are designed to prevent."
      http://www.dailywire.com/news/5476/o...mpaign=dwbrand

Well, I am good with "anti-social ******* that cannot be trusted as far as he/she can be thrown."
      Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
      Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X