No longer "felon," "convict," or "offender"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
    One of the challenges in education is making sure you use the right title as to ensure you don't offend the people who actually make things happen, or not happen, on campus:

* Para, not teacher's aide
    * Custodian, not janitor
    * Cook-Cashier, not lunch lady
    * Still torn: I think its okay to say secretary instead of administrative assistant

Oddly enough, students are still students and teachers are still teachers. I'm okay with that.
    Except that "cooks" are now either "chefs" or "food service workers".

We no longer use one word when many more can be used to say the same thing. We don't "cure" anyone in the world of medicine any longer - we help them "experience an altered sense of their physical reality".

Thus, I am no longer "retired" - I am following an "alternative employment protocol".

Comment

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Aha! I KNEW there was an effort to get some more Dumbocratic Voters in there!

GG
        "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
          One of the challenges in education is making sure you use the right title as to ensure you don't offend the people who actually make things happen, or not happen, on campus:

* Para, not teacher's aide
          * Custodian, not janitor
          * Cook-Cashier, not lunch lady
          * Still torn: I think its okay to say secretary instead of administrative assistant

Oddly enough, students are still students and teachers are still teachers. I'm okay with that.
          Church can do it too. Depending on your denomination a janitor might get the title of sexton.
          A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
            Orwellian correct speak appears again, from the usual suspects of the American Regressive Left ...

Obama DOJ Bans 'Disparaging' Labels 'Felon,' 'Offender.' Here Are Their PC Replacements.

Following President Obama's lead, the Department of Justice is continuing its Orwellian scrubbing of the language. Not only is it now calling young criminals "justice-involved youth" (seriously), it's now banning the terms "felon," "convict," and "offender" because they are "disparaging labels." Their replacements: "person who committed a crime" and "individual who was incarcerated."

The change was proudly announced by Assistant Attorney General Karol Mason, head of the Office of Justice programs, in a piece published in The Washington Post Wednesday titled "Justice Dept. Agency To Alter Its Terminology For Relased Convicts, To Ease Reentry." The goal, Mason explains, is to "reduce the psychological barriers to reintergration" for felons and convicts individuals who committed a crime/were incarcerated.

"[M]any of the formerly incarcerated men, women, and young people I talk with say that no punishment is harsher than being permanently branded a 'felon' or 'offender,'" she writes. "The labels we affix to those who have served time can drain their sense of self-worth and perpetuate a cycle of crime, the very thing reentry programs are designed to prevent."
            http://www.dailywire.com/news/5476/o...mpaign=dwbrand

And just before Hillary gets sentenced.... wonderful!
            My worst jump story:
            My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
            As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
            No lie.

~
            "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

I suggest the following list be substituted for released offenders:

1. Loser
              2. Idiot
              3. Miscreant
              4. Sociopath
              5. Violent incompetent
              6. Gangster
              7. Substance abuser

I'm sure I could add to that list easily. However, it fits maybe 90% of the trash being released from serious prison time.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                I suggest the following list be substituted for released offenders:

1. Loser
                2. Idiot
                3. Miscreant
                4. Sociopath
                5. Violent incompetent
                6. Gangster
                7. Substance abuser

I'm sure I could add to that list easily. However, it fits maybe 90% of the trash being released from serious prison time.
                None of those are PC correct.

I believe "Socially Unique" should cover just about everyone.
                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

I'd say the politically correct version would be

1. Spent the last 5 years developing his pecs and abs.
                  2. Spent the last 5 years working on the perfect tan.
                  3. Spent the last 5 years social networking with peers in a closed environment.
                  4. Spent the last 5 years sampling service industry employment as an intern under professional supervision.
                  5. Spent the last 5 years in an alternate lifestyle environment.

That more politically correct?

Comment

Methinks democratic voter fits the bill...
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                      Methinks democratic voter fits the bill...
                      Yup, gotta get the vote at any cost even if it means destroying the country to do so.
                      My worst jump story:
                      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                      No lie.

~
                      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Don't forget "Correctional Center," the name appended to all state prisons in Michigan and elsewhere.
                        “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

"Socially challenged" might be more accurate...or we could just call them all "politicians" since they share the majority of the same traits...

Wait! I know...let's call them ..."Clintons"!

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                            Don't forget "Correctional Center," the name appended to all state prisons in Michigan and elsewhere.
                            Yeah...and "Department of Corrections" instead of State Prison System. Wardens are now "Superintendents", and guards are "correctional officers".

I can't remember whose quote it was, but something about "when lunatics run the asylum".

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                              I'd say the politically correct version would be

1. Spent the last 5 years developing his pecs and abs.
                              2. Spent the last 5 years working on the perfect tan.
                              3. Spent the last 5 years social networking with peers in a closed environment.
                              4. Spent the last 5 years sampling service industry employment as an intern under professional supervision.
                              5. Spent the last 5 years in an alternate lifestyle environment.

That more politically correct?
                              Much simpler here

Has been a guest of the Queen for the last 5 years
                              Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                              Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                                Much simpler here

Has been a guest of the Queen for the last 5 years
                                The kind of "Queens" we have give that a whole new meaning...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X