No longer "felon," "convict," or "offender"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
    Genocide and pointless wars... people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!
    What can I say.....we learned from the past masters....
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...-the-workplace

Interesting....

US military is a pretty big employer and they find that felons perform favourably against personnel with clean records.

Comment

"...can't we all just use plain language here?"

Well, regardless of what the AG says, I will continue to call a spade a spade, a convict a former prison inmate, a felon a felon, low-life, scumbag etc, etc, etc.
        ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post

Interesting....

US military is a pretty big employer and they find that felons perform favourably against personnel with clean records.
          Interesting...no, misleading, completely. They can get waivers for traffic violations and a couple other minor offenses.
          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
            It's ok.....we still refer to them as F-Franks.......Obama can PC himself to death, he ain't affecting what's real on the skreet!
            Look what they have done by changing Illegal Aliens to Undocumented Immigrant...........
            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
              Interesting...no, misleading, completely. They can get waivers for traffic violations and a couple other minor offenses.
              IIRC I never served with a felon from the civilian world in my time. I did work with a couple that tried to rip of the Class VI and got jailed for it.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

"Scumbucket" and "dirtbag" are still on the approved list.

What criminals should constantly strive for is the label of "fully rehabilitated".

Meanwhile, this "professional liar", i.e., "lawyer", needs to remember the victims and not worry about the perpetrators.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                  Well, regardless of what the AG says, I will continue to call a spade a spade, a convict a former prison inmate, a felon a felon, low-life, scumbag etc, etc, etc.
                  Don't get caught up in "calling a spade a spade" - call it what it really is - a shovel!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Don't get caught up in "calling a spade a spade" - call it what it really is - a shovel!
                    Cecily: Do you suggest, Miss Fairfax, that I entrapped Ernest into an engagement? How dare you? This is no time for wearing the shallow mask of manners. When I see a spade I call it a spade.
                    Gwendolen: [Satirically.] I am glad to say that I have never seen a spade. It is obvious that our social spheres have been widely different. (Importance of being Earnest II.295-29)
                    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post

Interesting....

Except that felons have traditionally been barred from service except in times of exceptional need, and are often those offered a choice between military service or prison by a judge.

I'm sure it's different in your country.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                        And many museums in the USA have the old F branding irons. Some places branded it on the palm of the right hand - hence the custom of raising the right hand when taking an oath - it's to show that you are not a former felon
                        Save a lot of money and do this instead of the endless (and useless) lists of offenders (as it pertains to sex offenders, at any rate).

GG
                        "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Except that felons have traditionally been barred from service except in times of exceptional need, and are often those offered a choice between military service or prison by a judge.

I'm sure it's different in your country.
                          Yes we stopped using the courts for recruitment in about 1880 - you're still doing it in emergencies? quaint!
                          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                          Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

"FPI": Former Prison Inhabitant

"Unsuccessful citizen"

"Does not play well with others"

"Unable to accept structure" (would make a good lawyer or politician)

Of course, it is only logical that from now on, former criminals will be accepted into the ranks of the American Bar Association, and as judges, police and politicians...and the Secret Service Protective Detail, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                              http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...T2008042103473
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                                Yes we stopped using the courts for recruitment in about 1880 - you're still doing it in emergencies? quaint!
                                You guys didn't recruit those people in WW I & WW II? It's hard to believe that any country involved in those wars only had 'model citizens' fighting.

How did these criminals work out?

Convicted criminals were banned from joining the Army until three-and-a-half years ago, when the rules were relaxed. Since April, the Army has received 29 applications from young offenders, 14 of which have been approved.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...ls-739659.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• BorderRuffian
                                  Polls that oversample Democrats
                                  by BorderRuffian
                                  Economist/YouGov poll of July 26-28, 2020, has Biden leading Trump by 49-40

Sample size-1500

Party ID
                                  Democrat-521 (35%)...
                                  Today, 08:44
                                • casanova
                                  Robi P.
                                  by casanova
                                  The Austrian soldier Toni P. of the Radetzky barack in Horn Nether Austria was forced by his commander to make an march with his comrades in 3th August...
                                  Today, 02:27
                                • casanova
                                  Beirut
                                  by casanova
                                  Gigantic explosion in the city of Beirut. 70 people were killed and 2750 men were heavy hurted. The explosion was like atomic bomb. The cause of that...
                                  Today, 00:47
                                Working...
                                X