No longer "felon," "convict," or "offender"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No longer "felon," "convict," or "offender"

Orwellian correct speak appears again, from the usual suspects of the American Regressive Left ...

Obama DOJ Bans 'Disparaging' Labels 'Felon,' 'Offender.' Here Are Their PC Replacements.

Following President Obama's lead, the Department of Justice is continuing its Orwellian scrubbing of the language. Not only is it now calling young criminals "justice-involved youth" (seriously), it's now banning the terms "felon," "convict," and "offender" because they are "disparaging labels." Their replacements: "person who committed a crime" and "individual who was incarcerated."

The change was proudly announced by Assistant Attorney General Karol Mason, head of the Office of Justice programs, in a piece published in The Washington Post Wednesday titled "Justice Dept. Agency To Alter Its Terminology For Relased Convicts, To Ease Reentry." The goal, Mason explains, is to "reduce the psychological barriers to reintergration" for felons and convicts individuals who committed a crime/were incarcerated.

"[M]any of the formerly incarcerated men, women, and young people I talk with say that no punishment is harsher than being permanently branded a 'felon' or 'offender,'" she writes. "The labels we affix to those who have served time can drain their sense of self-worth and perpetuate a cycle of crime, the very thing reentry programs are designed to prevent."
    http://www.dailywire.com/news/5476/o...mpaign=dwbrand

It's ok.....we still refer to them as F-Franks.......Obama can PC himself to death, he ain't affecting what's real on the skreet!
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Why not go back to the fine old tradition of branding an F on the cheek and copping the ears?
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

I look forward to the day that we can say Hillary Clinton ( "person who committed a crime" and "individual who was incarcerated.")
        Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

Originally posted by drivin-fool View Post
          I look forward to the day that we can say Hillary Clinton ( "person who committed a crime" and "individual who was incarcerated.")
          Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by drivin-fool View Post
            Don't hold your breath!
            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
              Don't hold your breath!
              I know, I know, but I can dream right???
              Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

That's fine so long as axe-murderer, thug, rapist, pedophile, and career criminal are still allowed...

Assistant Attorney General Karol Mason is an idiot with a capital IDIOT. The biggest barrier to reentry for 90% of convicts is that they are stupid, useless, lazy, unreliable, illiterate, ignorant, drug addled turds.

What use is somebody that can't be trusted to make change, or can't read a tape measure? Or, what good is someone who shows up to work late, does it halfassed, and gets drunk at lunch?

This Progressive liar, err... lawyer is a friggin ret... (person of diminished intellectual capacity).

Comment

Okay, let's play her game. I'd like to know her corrective term for a pederast. Does she really intend to make those s warm and fuzzy with a new term? Dumb !

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                    Why not go back to the fine old tradition of branding an F on the cheek and copping the ears?
                    That was a European thing, like massacring Jews and pointless world wars.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

How about "jail bird" or "jail bait"?

What next? Change prison and pen to boys camp?
                      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Our, "Bawbag," has a certain ring to it, don't you think ?
                        Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

G David Bock - 'justice-involved youth' is just another wishy-washy term that could indeed also describe young police cadets or student lawyers straight from high school!

When I was a kid {young goat], homosexual/homo or lesbian/lezzy/lessie, meant same sex attraction/activity, these days it is 'gay', which used to mean 'happy or carefree'.

The 'Spastic Society', in order to steer away from the derogatory term 'Spazza' spent thousands of £££ getting a makeover - they finally settled on 'Scope'. It is a pity that someone didn't tell them that in the RAF the guy who stares at radar screens is commonly referred to as a 'scope dope'! The joys, perils, and quirks of language.

the ace - Does 'Bawbag' refer to a borstal inmate?
                          Last edited by Wooden Wonder; 06 May 16, 04:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                            That was a European thing, like massacring Jews and pointless world wars.
                            Genocide and pointless wars... people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!
                            "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                            validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                            "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

And many museums in the USA have the old F branding irons. Some places branded it on the palm of the right hand - hence the custom of raising the right hand when taking an oath - it's to show that you are not a former felon
                              Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                              Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X