Odds on Next President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I DID look into it "a wee bit".

Thats why I'm so dreadfully I'll informed!

Considering the numberof people on this site alone that have nothing nice to say about Hillary Clinton, I had expected a groundswell of posts telling me all about it.

So, it looks as if its another 'shaggy dog story'.

Democrat propaganda can be just as childish....look at "Loose Change" as a prime example of this.
    My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
    GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
    Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

Originally posted by Drusus Nero View Post
      I DID look into it "a wee bit".

Thats why I'm so dreadfully I'll informed!

Considering the numberof people on this site alone that have nothing nice to say about Hillary Clinton, I had expected a groundswell of posts telling me all about it.

So, it looks as if its another 'shaggy dog story'.

Democrat propaganda can be just as childish....look at "Loose Change" as a prime example of this.
      If you did look, you'd know it's a big internet myth. I suggest looking at better sites and try again.
      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
      “To talk of many things:
      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      And why the sea is boiling hot—
      And whether pigs have wings.”
      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Wouldn't some of the WW2 propagandists just loved the Internet and Social Media? Just think of the stuff they could have peddled around
        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by Drusus Nero View Post
          Every wargame with an odds table I have ever played suggests that a 2-1 attack is a good prospect, whereas a 1-3 attack has no hope, often used as a diversion.

1-3 does NOT mean "a 75% chance" of success. It means 3 chances in every one of failure. 1-3 means you have ONE for every THREE the enemy has. Chances not so good.

2-1 means you have TWO for every ONE the enemy has, and a much better chance of success.

According to military theorists and wargame designers, 3-1 is the absolute minimum needed to gurarntee some kind of success. A 3-1 assault, espexially if delivered as a frontal assault, (with no 'turning movement'), will often resuklt in a STALEMATE.

most wargames with an odds table need 10-1 for an "overrun" where the enemy force is negated with little or no loss to the larger attackers.

if you have 1-3 odds of winning an election, and your opponent is sitting pretty on 2-1, then you face an uphill struggle.
          If Hillary clinton is only rated 1-3, I would not be wasting my money. 2-1 odds is generally the 'favourite' in a horserace, as well as an election 'race'.
          Again, that is incorrect. You have not understood the betting application, which I supported with a link.

Here is another one - kindly type 1/3 into the field and let me know the %....

http://www.bettingexpert.com/how-to/convert-odds
          Last edited by Escape2Victory; 09 May 16, 15:11.
          Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
            I really think in a twisted way this may help trump. The people are just as fed up with the "media" as the same'o same'o politicians. trump is a total wild card. He also has a thick skin. He has probably been raked over the coals more than just about anyone.........he knows how to fire back and let it roll off his back.......
            I agree. Plus there is the underdog quality: when the media unites on hammering him, I think it will push a lot of independents to his side, because Americans tend to cheer for the underdog.

His big advantage is that he is not a professional politician, and it shows. He stands out. That is why Cruz and the others have lost to him: he stands out.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X