Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Agreed.

I'd say just the threat of moving would be motivation to do more...

As for China, tariffs are doable but they will come with repercussions. Better if Trump ramps up inspection and forced compliance with US rules and regulations on imports. This has the same effect.

What I'm suggesting is that goods from China receive closer inspection upon arriving in the US prior to release for sale. If the products are not up to US regulatory compliance they get rejected.
    There are numerous cases of substandard Chinese products getting into the US and causing great economic damage. For example, drywall made with crap that caused tens of thousands of homes in primarily the South to get "sick house syndrome" and have to be replaced.

So, you catch this sort of thing at the border, turn the goods back. Same effect as a tariff, but now the Chinese can't complain that they're being unfairly targeted. They are forced to put effort into compliance raising the cost of their goods and imports fall as they are no longer attractive compared to domestic products.
    One good idea, from a Tom Clancy book no less is treat each country as they treat us in trading and yes don't let poisoned products in.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
      One good idea, from a Tom Clancy book no less is treat each country as they treat us in trading and yes don't let poisoned products in.
      And Bill Clinton set up that whole mess with China, congratulations on voting for that winner.
      My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
        And Bill Clinton set up that whole mess with China, congratulations on voting for that winner.
        Which mess with China are you talking about?

Comment

Can we just get a Celebrity Deathmatch between the two and be done with it?

There's no scenario here that ends well for the American people. That's the only thing I'm sure of tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
            Which mess with China are you talking about?
            I am not answering for 101, but is simply quoting your post for convenience.

China do have many unfavorable trading conditions imposed upon American products. We all know it, and just because one has a distaste for Trump does not make it less so. Both McCain and Romney brought up the very same issues during their campaigns. China feels that "Most favored Nation" trading status only applies to themselves.

The largest electronic consumer market is China. We lost that particular battle in the trade war due to our lack of response to the 30% tariff imposed on US video and audio products.

China forces American agricultural products to apply for Quarantine Inspection Permits. In other words, they subject our agricultural products to damnation in quarantine while waiting for an inspection permit.

Why is rice produced in Texas for less than rice grown in Southern China end up costing three times as much as in China than said Southern Chinese rice imported to the US?

Why does China export rare earth for 5 times the value versus what they sell it for domestically if the product was produced in China such as Apple?

We don't know what McCain or Romney might have done since they lost their election bids. We do know Hillary will do nothing. We do know that Donald Trump says he will do something.
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
              I am not answering for 101, but is simply quoting your post for convenience.

China do have many unfavorable trading conditions imposed upon American products. We all know it, and just because one has a distaste for Trump does not make it less so. Both McCain and Romney brought up the very same issues during their campaigns. China feels that "Most favored Nation" trading status only applies to themselves.

The largest electronic consumer market is China. We lost that particular battle in the trade war due to our lack of response to the 30% tariff imposed on US video and audio products.

China forces American agricultural products to apply for Quarantine Inspection Permits. In other words, they subject our agricultural products to damnation in quarantine while waiting for an inspection permit.

Why is rice produced in Texas for less than rice grown in Southern China end up costing three times as much as in China than said Southern Chinese rice imported to the US?

Why does China export rare earth for 5 times the value versus what they sell it for domestically if the product was produced in China such as Apple?

We don't know what McCain or Romney might have done since they lost their election bids. We do know Hillary will do nothing. We do know that Donald Trump says he will do something.
              What period did this take place? TKS in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post

There's no scenario here that ends well for the American people. That's the only thing I'm sure of tonight.
                I agree sadly, this has pretty much been my view all along. Trump vs Clinton is like asking if you want to be shot or stabbed ... they both suck

Personally though I think Hillary will win, and win big. Ive made peace with this. The good news is that the GOP will probably be able to keep the House and thus will have some sort of a firewall.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
                  I agree sadly, this has pretty much been my view all along. Trump vs Clinton is like asking if you want to be shot or stabbed ... they both suck

Personally though I think Hillary will win, and win big. Ive made peace with this. The good news is that the GOP will probably be able to keep the House and thus will have some sort of a firewall.

The GOP has the House today and there is no firewall : BHO is acting as will .

Comment

Copy paste from the other thread, better fit here,

My estimate based on observing the micro cosmos that is the ACG.

Of all those that opposed Obama, only roughly half support Trump, the other half hate him slightly less passionately than they hated Obama.

No one supports Clinton as no one supported Obama.

The ACG is completely unrepresentative of the US electorate at large.

Clinton will win comfortably.
                    Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Game.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post

And sadly it will affect all the rest of us one way or another. Otherwise we could just sit back on the sofa open a beer (dark Trappist for preference) put the feet up and watch the show - after austerity etc etc we could all do with a good laugh.
                      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by Escape2Victory View Post
                        That is incorrect, unless you state it the other way around in the US.

Odds of 1-3 implies 75% chance.

For example..http://www.isfa.com/odds-probability-chart.php
                        Every wargame with an odds table I have ever played suggests that a 2-1 attack is a good prospect, whereas a 1-3 attack has no hope, often used as a diversion.

1-3 does NOT mean "a 75% chance" of success. It means 3 chances in every one of failure. 1-3 means you have ONE for every THREE the enemy has. Chances not so good.

2-1 means you have TWO for every ONE the enemy has, and a much better chance of success.

According to military theorists and wargame designers, 3-1 is the absolute minimum needed to gurarntee some kind of success. A 3-1 assault, espexially if delivered as a frontal assault, (with no 'turning movement'), will often resuklt in a STALEMATE.

most wargames with an odds table need 10-1 for an "overrun" where the enemy force is negated with little or no loss to the larger attackers.

if you have 1-3 odds of winning an election, and your opponent is sitting pretty on 2-1, then you face an uphill struggle.
                        If Hillary clinton is only rated 1-3, I would not be wasting my money. 2-1 odds is generally the 'favourite' in a horserace, as well as an election 'race'.
                        My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
                        GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
                        Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

In fact, when I think a little more about this, a payout on a horserace of 2-1 means you will get TWO dollars for every ONE invested.

A payout of 1-3 means you will get ONE dollar for every THREE invested.

Still thinking of voting Democrat, America?

BTW, the Clinton "BODY COUNT" has risen to 42, thats 42 people who have died a death under suspicious circumstances that have been associated with the Clintons during their careers.

All of these people were either staffers or close associates. No, I don't have a list offhand, but a small amount of internet searching yields many names indeed.

Still want to vote Democrat come November?

Wonder what the Clinton "Body count" will be before the election run's it's course?
                          My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
                          GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
                          Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

Originally posted by Drusus Nero View Post
                            (...)
                            According to military theorists and wargame designers, 3-1 is the absolute minimum needed to gurarntee some kind of success. A 3-1 assault, espexially if delivered as a frontal assault, (with no 'turning movement'), will often resuklt in a STALEMATE.
                            Those are "attack odds", they normally refer to quantitative advantages.

i.e. if your enemy has 500 in a defensive position you'd need 1500 to comfortably attack him.

Or - you'd need what is known as a "force multiplier" to compensate.

Those are not to be confused with the "odds" offered by bookies.

An attack made with 3-1 attack odds will not automatically result in a 1-3 chance to win.

All other things being equal 3-1 "attacks odds", in a strategic sense, would result in a near 100% chance of victory.

For betting odds, 3-1 equals a probability of success of 25%, 2-1 somewhere near 33%.

Something that confuses many would be gamblers
                            Last edited by Snowygerry; 09 May 16, 07:43.
                            Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Game.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Drusus Nero View Post
                              In fact, when I think a little more about this, a payout on a horserace of 2-1 means you will get TWO dollars for every ONE invested.

A payout of 1-3 means you will get ONE dollar for every THREE invested.

Still thinking of voting Democrat, America?

BTW, the Clinton "BODY COUNT" has risen to 42, thats 42 people who have died a death under suspicious circumstances that have been associated with the Clintons during their careers.

All of these people were either staffers or close associates. No, I don't have a list offhand, but a small amount of internet searching yields many names indeed.

Still want to vote Democrat come November?

Wonder what the Clinton "Body count" will be before the election run's it's course?
                              Ah the 'Clinton body count' internet myth. Why not look into that just a wee bit.....
                              “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                              “To talk of many things:
                              Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                              Of cabbages—and kings—
                              And why the sea is boiling hot—
                              And whether pigs have wings.”
                              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                                Ah the 'Clinton body count' internet myth. Why not look into that just a wee bit.....
                                Sadly the internet spreads stupid lies around the globe a lot more easily than truth. SIGH!
                                Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X