Odds on Next President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odds on Next President

The book makers generally have Trump at about 2-1 to become President. It is worth remembering he started as 50-1 to win the GOP. Clinton is about 1-3, so odds on and the clear favourite. However these odds have narrowed considerably and Clinton is less solid a favourite than she once was. We shall have to see what impact the respective campaigns have. Also certain events in the wider world could help Trump.

https://m.oddschecker.com/t/politics...on-2016/winner
    Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Originally posted by Escape2Victory View Post
    The book makers generally have Trump at about 2-1 to become President. It is worth remembering he started as 50-1 to win the GOP. Clinton is about 1-3, so odds on and the clear favourite. However these odds have narrowed considerably and Clinton is less solid a favourite than she once was. We shall have to see what impact the respective campaigns have. Also certain events in the wider world could help Trump.

https://m.oddschecker.com/t/politics...on-2016/winner
    As posted last summer, normally after a party has held the WH for two terms you have to give the other party a boost in the odds of winning. For once I don't think that will apply.

However I was completely wrong about Trump not getting blown out in the Primary so I'll hold off on any early prediction.
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

I'll wait a couple of months to see how the Trump v. Clinton championship boxing match goes for the first few rounds. Some predictions:

Trump will get more stories and headlines than Clinton as he seems to be far better at doing and saying stuff the media can have a field day with. Hillary by comparison is boring.

Trump will be more vilified in the press and media than Clinton.

Hillary will have to go on the defense of her record far more than Trump.

Trump will say crazy stuff.

Hillary will lie her @$$ off.

It is going to get negative and ugly in a big hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
        As posted last summer, normally after a party has held the WH for two terms you have to give the other party a boost in the odds of winning. For once I don't think that will apply.

However I was completely wrong about Trump not getting blown out in the Primary so I'll hold off on any early prediction.
        This one will be tough to predict because so many people are voting against a candidate, not for them. I think a lot of people are reluctant to say who they'll vote for due to all the emotional and even violent reactions, so polls may not be all that accurate. In fact I live in an area that's historically split about 50/50 between parties and I'm not seeing any signs in yards, bumper stickers, none of that. Trump supporters especially probably fear for their property...they'll have someone throwing a Molotov cocktail through their window if they put up a Trump sign.

It's hard even to predict how Cruz supporters might go, or how Sanders supporters might assuming he loses. Are there more Cruz people willing to switch to Hillary or more Sanders people willing to switch to Trump?

One thing for sure, I plan to watch the future Trump-Clinton debates, because it's been a while since last time there was so much potential for drama.

Comment

Then IF Trump gets into the Whitehouse he will then order the rest of the world to buy American products..or else!!!...yeh!! that will go down well with consumers in other parts of the world....but then again there is nothing made in America these days except dubious automobiles like GM and Chrysler......maybe he figures he can run the US like one of his tv show's and fire everybody and if he figures Europe will kow-tow to him he is in for a rude awaking as most of Europe laugh at him except of course the UK who are working on becoming the 51st State....

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            I'll wait a couple of months to see how the Trump v. Clinton championship boxing match goes for the first few rounds. Some predictions:

Trump will get more stories and headlines than Clinton as he seems to be far better at doing and saying stuff the media can have a field day with. Hillary by comparison is boring.

Pretty accurate prediction but you missed on thing, Trump will lie like a rug as well and when caught in a lie he will double down on it.
            Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
            Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

A Trump Presidency will be a fun one that's for sure. The twisting and turning on this board will be funny enough, watching him on TV will be even more so. Starting with THE WALL.
              “To talk of many things:
              Of cabbages—and kings—
              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
                Pretty accurate prediction but you missed on thing, Trump will lie like a rug as well and when caught in a lie he will double down on it.
                Hillary never lied.?
                My worst jump story:
                My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                No lie.

~
                "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Can't wait to see Hillary wet her panties in the debates.
                  My worst jump story:
                  My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                  As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                  No lie.

~
                  "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                  -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                    Hillary never lied.?
                    She said she didn't...you never got her email?

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                      Can't wait to see Hillary wet her panties in the debates.
                      You guys are in for a long, long campaign season given that statement. A disappointing one.
                      “To talk of many things:
                      Of cabbages—and kings—
                      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Trump/Cruz 2016 ! You heard it here first. Haha!
                        “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                        --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Savez View Post
                          Trump/Cruz 2016 ! You heard it here first. Haha!
                          Not a chance in hell. Sen Cruz will set back and plan for his 2020 run.
                          “To talk of many things:
                          Of cabbages—and kings—
                          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                            Not a chance in hell. Sen Cruz will set back and plan for his 2020 run.
                            I was being facetious but there was "not a chance in hell" Trump would still be in the race either.
                            “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                            --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Savez View Post
                              I was being facetious but there was "not a chance in hell" Trump would still be in the race either.
                              Ah on the first point, spot on with the second.
                              “To talk of many things:
                              Of cabbages—and kings—
                              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X