• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 Surprising things about America...

... Surprising to visitors, that is.

"Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

This guy's Progressivism is showing in his commentary... His use repeatedly of "The Wild West" shows he doesn't get America.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      This guy's Progressivism is showing in his commentary... His use repeatedly of "The Wild West" shows he doesn't get America.
      I disagree. He said that things must be earned here as if that's not the most Evil thing anyone has ever heard of.
      Try seeing that in the media.
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
        I disagree. He said that things must be earned here as if that's not the most Evil thing anyone has ever heard of.
        Try seeing that in the media.
        The way I took that was he meant it as a negative, not a positive. That is, "You see, Americans are these stupid yahoos who still have a Wild West mentality, love their guns, and hate the government. That's unlike where you are from and the government does all sorts of good things to take care of you like universal "free" health care..."

Comment

And contrary to American tv commercials and tv shows ..not everybody in the US lives in a well built ranch style split level house on 1/4 or 1/2 acre of land and has two cars in the drive way, three tv's and are all white....I have traveled extensively in the US and seen more old retired people living in trailer courts and some towns that looked like Berlin in 1945 and in other places that I felt safer in down town Beirut......but I guess every country and town has its warts.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            The way I took that was he meant it as a negative, not a positive. That is, "You see, Americans are these stupid yahoos who still have a Wild West mentality, love their guns, and hate the government. That's unlike where you are from and the government does all sorts of good things to take care of you like universal "free" health care..."
            We do not have a "wild West mentality". We aim very carefully after due consideration.

This guy is like saying that Russia still has a Czarist mentality, or that Germany still has a Kaiser mentality.

Guy needs to wake up and smell the prune juice.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Okay, sure, he used that one one a couple of times, it was a little smarmy... but that makes this a negative picture of America?

Maybe I'm a little dense, or maybe you guys are too sensitive...
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X