X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Clinton Apologizes for Saying She’d Put Coal ‘Out of Business’"

What a total fracking liar...
    Clinton Apologizes for Saying She’d Put Coal ‘Out of Business’
    Clinton made the comment in March while talking about plans for renewable energy

Katie Reilly @katiemacreilly 7:57 AM ET

Hillary Clinton apologized on Monday for saying in March that she would put coal miners and coal companies “out of business” as part of a transition to alternative energy sources.

The Democratic front-runner and former secretary of state called the prior remark a “misstatement” as she campaigned in Kentucky, ahead of the state’s Democratic primary on May 17, CBS News reported. The small group discussion took place in what was once one of the country’s top coal producing counties, as protesters gathered outside.

“What I said was totally out of context from what I meant,” Clinton said. “It was a misstatement, because what I was saying is that the way things are going now, we will continue to lose jobs.”

[...]

“I’m the only candidate which has a policy about how to bring economic opportunity using clean renewable energy as the key into coal country. Because we’re going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business,” she said during the town hall. “And we’re going to make it clear that we don’t want to forget those people. Those people labored in those mines for generations, losing their health, often losing their lives to turn on our lights and power our factories.”

[...]

http://time.com/4316021/hillary-clin...iness-apology/
    When she said she would "put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business."
    0.00%
    When she said, “What I said was totally out of context from what I meant.”
    28.57%
    She was lying in both cases... Explain.
    9.52%
    She was telling the truth in both cases... Explain.
    14.29%
    She has no idea what she is talking about and just saying what the local audience wants to hear.
    47.62%
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

She'd gladly wipe out the coal industry since they aren't contributing to her and their employees generally don't vote for her. Of course she wants "renewables" since the Progressive Left wants it, and that's now the DNC's focal base for voters.
    She won't forget coal miners however... They'll get "free" Obamacare, welfare, and other largesse of a social-welfare Leftist government along with encouraging them to vote for more of the same...

Comment

When was she lying? When she opened her mouth to speak!

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Shrillary is the White Obama...
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

She is so desperate for support that she will say anything to get the laid off coal union membership to vote for her.
          “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

I work for a coal mining company and because of global over-supply we are doing a pretty good job of putting ourselves out of business without external help. Can't wait for the next supply restriction to send prices batshicst crazy and the whole ride starts again.
            One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions - Admiral Grace Hopper

"The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity."
            Wu Cheng'en Monkey

Comment

Originally posted by Chukka View Post
              I work for a coal mining company and because of global over-supply we are doing a pretty good job of putting ourselves out of business without external help. Can't wait for the next supply restriction to send prices batshicst crazy and the whole ride starts again.
              The roller coaster ride never ends...

High Prices --> Oversupply --> Low Prices --> Undersupply --> High Prices...
              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Why do they call that an apology?
                She didn't seem to retract what she said or admit what she said was wrong.

It seems the reporter is lying as well.
                Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

At least with a prostitute, one knows what they are getting for their money.

With Hillary, you get what she thinks you want...
                  Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

i needed a choice that said "when she speaks".
                    her only guiding motivation is 'whats going to give me the most cash'.

tell environmentalists (best Mr Mackey voice ) 'coal is baaaad, m'kay'?
                    = get cash.

i cant wait to see who she offers the position of ambassador to Libya.
                    45B10 1986-91

Comment

Originally posted by popuptarget View Post
                      i needed a choice that said "when she speaks".
                      her only guiding motivation is 'whats going to give me the most cash'.

tell environmentalists (best Mr Mackey voice ) 'coal is baaaad, m'kay'?
                      = get cash.

i cant wait to see who she offers the position of ambassador to Libya.
                      Maybe she will send Bill to Libya.
                      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Shrillary is the White Obama...
                        Haha man that is so wrong, but so true...
                        Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

She's pathetic. We all know she wants to slay the coal industry. The least she can do is be honest about, and stand by her word. If she can stand by her man, this should have been easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
                            She's pathetic. We all know she wants to slay the coal industry. The least she can do is be honest about, and stand by her word. If she can stand by her man, this should have been easy.
                            Yea, sure... I bet the only sex she and Bill have is oral... You know, she shouts at him "F...k you, you bast...d!" He drawls back "Aw come on, she looked nineteen to me..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
                              That's what makes Bernie so refreshing. He's up front and honest about being a Marxist and clearly stated his intention to put the coal and oil & gas industries out of business.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X