Another Trump rally riot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much for the left being tolerant of others point of view
    Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
      I for one am getting a bit tired of people causing disruption in Trump rallies. These people should be out feeding the homeless or doing volunteer work instead. It is called making a difference. My bet is Hillary supporters are paying people to do this. I bet if the local PD cracked some protester heads they would get tired of showing up.

It is not like Trump supporters are showing up at Hillary rallies and causing scenes.

Pruitt
      Since we're talking conspiracy theories, why can't it be the other way around? As we see from posts on this very forum, the violent protests are actually helping Trump's campaign. He is also purposefully trying to incite people and mentioned there would be riots if it went to a brokered convention. Basically a threat. Seems he's the one that actually wants this sort of behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
        Since we're talking conspiracy theories, why can't it be the other way around? As we see from posts on this very forum, the violent protests are actually helping Trump's campaign. He is also purposefully trying to incite people and mentioned there would be riots if it went to a brokered convention. Basically a threat. Seems he's the one that actually wants this sort of behavior.
        Now I think you're really reaching. I don't think Trump is hiring people to protest and riot at his own rallies. You must be one of those people that believe Bush planned 9/11 too. You might want to buy a couple hundred feet of tin foil so you have enough material for your hat.

Comment

So you're voting for him out of spite?
          Not out of spite. I think many people don't want to be associated with the type of thuggish behavior that's being displayed by the Hillary and Bernie supporters, and will gravitate to Trump out of a desire to distance themselves from the hatred of those people. Let's be clear, because you don't seem to understand what's going on: it's the Trump haters that are causing all the problems. They're the ones rioting, destroying cars, terrorizing families who wanted nothing more than to attend a political rally as is their right. It's the "progressives" who are scum, not the Trump supporters. You can't have it both ways...a Trump supporter punches a guy in one rally and it's Trump's fault, then hundreds of Clinton and Sanders supporters riot, attack and assault cops, destroy cars etc. and that's somehow also Trump's fault? They are Democratic supporters, how can it be Trump's fault? Ridiculous, but that is typical of the left--it's always someone else's fault if they can't succeed, or in this case behave like human beings.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve573 View Post
            Now I think you're really reaching. I don't think Trump is hiring people to protest and riot at his own rallies. You must be one of those people that believe Bush planned 9/11 too. You might want to buy a couple hundred feet of tin foil so you have enough material for your hat.
            No kidding. Instead of making money he spends all the time here.

Btw I'm retired at 50. By choice. I could make a couple more millions but I choose to be lazy and retired.
            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
              I was one of those 'undecided' voters who were there to see what Trump is all about. When it turned violent I left, I wanted no part of it. There were many others there that were like me...undecided, but the crazy protestors inadvertently turned many of them into real Trump supporters.
              I think that's exactly what's happening. People start to see Trump as more of an underdog, who's under constant attack from people who aren't exactly upstanding citizens. I think people will either start to search for another candidate other than Sanders or Clinton or outright switch over to the guy they now see as being attacked, Trump. If people don't like Trump and they just went to Clinton or Sanders rallies, supported their own candidates people might have some respect for them but to riot in the streets because they don't want the other side to have their say is causing some backlash for sure.

Sad part is in California many or most of the rioters are people who are demanding open borders, amnesty etc. and hate Trump because he proposed that we do something to uphold the law and secure the border. They hate him because he wants us to have the same right that Mexico has, to have a secure border. I'm all for securing the border and now they've just reinforced my opinion.

Comment

Boston tea party was also a crime and act of thuggery, but it had to be done. I don't think anyone should really be surprised at the reaction Trump is getting. After all, most Republicans love Trump for his ability to incite anger in the left.

I feel people should stand up for what they believe in, and fight against tyranny by any means necessary. The unfortunate thing here is that the alternative to Trump is equally as bad.
                So, you're comparing the Boston Tea Party with a bunch of thugs who riot because they want uncontrolled illegal immigration? You think that's a worthy cause? Making some effort to control illegal immigration is what you consider "tyranny"? You feel people should stand up for what they believe in even if it's illegal immigration?

Did you feel that the old guy who punched the protester at a Trump rally was standing up for what he believed in? Do you even think that a Trump supporter has the right to support him, or believe in what he stands for?

You should take a step back and really examine what you believe here, because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense from a logical perspective. Uncontrolled illegal immigration is okay with you.
                Violence to prevent freedom of speech, check.
                Rioting to further the "progressive" agenda, check.
                Loony, check.

Comment

I think that's exactly what's happening. People start to see Trump as more of an underdog, who's under constant attack from people who aren't exactly upstanding citizens. I think people will either start to search for another candidate other than Sanders or Clinton or outright switch over to the guy they now see as being attacked, Trump. If people don't like Trump and they just went to Clinton or Sanders rallies, supported their own candidates people might have some respect for them but to riot in the streets because they don't want the other side to have their say is causing some backlash for sure.

Sad part is in California many or most of the rioters are people who are demanding open borders, amnesty etc. and hate Trump because he proposed that we do something to uphold the law and secure the border. They hate him because he wants us to have the same right that Mexico has, to have a secure border. I'm all for securing the border and now they've just reinforced my opinion.
                  I'm a CA indie and in the primary I'm voting for Sanders just to needle the witch. If I'm stuck with trump so be it. I'll just hold my nose and vote against shillary.
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                    Riot??? Let's not over do it. Watts was a riot this was not close.

I was there and I'm confirming it was a riot. I felt unsafe even though I wasn't wearing any pro-Trump gear. You can call it whatever you want...it was what it was, a riot.

A riot (/ˈraɪət/) is a form of civil disorder commonly characterized by a group lashing out in a violent public disturbance against authority, property or people. Riots typically involve vandalism and the destruction of property, public or private. The property targeted varies depending on the riot and the inclinations of those involved. Targets can include shops, cars, restaurants, state-owned institutions, and religious buildings.
                    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                      The only thing missing were the Mexican flags.

You mean American flags. There were plenty of Mexican flags. They even had a Mexican version of Capt America.

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Well comprehension skills definitely isn't your strong point.

Comment

Boston tea party was also a crime and act of thuggery, but it had to be done. I don't think anyone should really be surprised at the reaction Trump is getting. After all, most Republicans love Trump for his ability to incite anger in the left.

I feel people should stand up for what they believe in, and fight against tyranny by any means necessary. The unfortunate thing here is that the alternative to Trump is equally as bad.
                          Wrong! This is hardly a Boston Tea Party. The man hasn't even been elected yet. The fact that these rioters are trying to prevent him from running shows how unAmerican they are. The police need to up their game on the slim.
                          My worst jump story:
                          My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                          As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                          No lie.

~
                          "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

So, you're comparing the Boston Tea Party with a bunch of thugs who riot because they want uncontrolled illegal immigration? You think that's a worthy cause? Making some effort to control illegal immigration is what you consider "tyranny"? You feel people should stand up for what they believe in even if it's illegal immigration?

Did you feel that the old guy who punched the protester at a Trump rally was standing up for what he believed in? Do you even think that a Trump supporter has the right to support him, or believe in what he stands for?

You should take a step back and really examine what you believe here, because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense from a logical perspective. Uncontrolled illegal immigration is okay with you.
                            Violence to prevent freedom of speech, check.
                            Rioting to further the "progressive" agenda, check.
                            Loony, check.
                            Yes, I have more respect for those involved and who are passionate, even when I don't agree with their cause (right or left and within reason of course), than those sitting on their couch without a single care about their government or the election.

I am not in favor of illegal immigration, that's not why so many people dislike Trump. Again, stopping illegal immigration is not a new idea, yet Trump is the only one to receive this level of backlash. It goes far deeper than that.

I am not opposed to aggressive means of protest. I referenced our history as proof that such means are sometimes necessary. So while I don't agree with nor want any parts of the alternative solution they're fighting for, I am not going to call them thugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                              Would seem people can not criticize Donald the Rump.
                              It's now Obama's fault.
                              My worst jump story:
                              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                              No lie.

~
                              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                                It's now Obama's fault.
                                By this point in time nearly everything is ...
                                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                                “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
                                Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X