Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The attraction of Trump and Sanders

[QUOTE=The Exorcist;3210026]
    I have read it before, and if you are just going to keep pasting it until everyone here has answered it, well, here is my contribution.
    [See The Exorcist most recent post]

So, what have you got to answer MY thoughts on the matter?
    A Demi-God address an ant?
    Have yourself committed my dear fellow as you are quite clearly living in a delusional fantasy world!

Naw...just messin' with ya
    Thanks for replying.
    I wish I had more time to address all your issues as you obviously care deeply about developments in your country (so do many of those on the left by the way - they just love different things about the US) and express those concerns quite articulately.

Regarding the split in the Republicans Party (not to be confused with the republic itself);
    It's encouraging to see the collapse of the collaborator class, namely, the Republican Party, where honest opinion was not merely unacceptable but a sure sign of some deeper defect. Integrity, perhaps.

In time we came to understand them as just another DC club, just as obedient, just as annoyed by the peasants and just as dismissive.
    Just to address the above matters the commentator I was referencing earlier was Tom Switzer (Uni of Sydney's United States Studies Centre) writing in 'The Australian' this weekend.

He defines the development in the GOP as follows:
    "For decades now, American politics has been democratizing - going from "smoky" backroom deals and arcane convention floor procedures to primaries and caucuses.
    The process has devolved to the point where front runner Trump is effectively running against his own party - or at least it's leadership.

The Republican establishment may well be wringing its hands at what the primary system has wrought, but the situation is almost out of its hands."

Sound like a good summary?

Another thing worth considering Exorcist is that the disenchanted, disaffected and disenfranchised on the right and the disenchanted, disaffected and disenfranchised on the left may, in some ways, have more in common with each other
    than they do with the mainstream political parties that purport to represent them under their party umbrella.

Regards
    lodestar

Comment

Interesting analysis from the guy who called every US state correctly in 2012 on the wireless this AM. Apparently the polls show that in a Clinton Trump contest she at the moment has a 3:1 advantage but if it were Clinton Cruz she would be the underdog. It seems that it has nothing to do with policies but is simply a case of who is the most disliked by the people at large. No one is in a positive state on scores for liked!
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
        Interesting analysis from the guy who called every US state correctly in 2012 on the wireless this AM. Apparently the polls show that in a Clinton Trump contest she at the moment has a 3:1 advantage but if it were Clinton Cruz she would be the underdog. It seems that it has nothing to do with policies but is simply a case of who is the most disliked by the people at large. No one is in a positive state on scores for liked!
        Could you provide a link to that analysis?
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          Could you provide a link to that analysis?
          No because as I said it was on the wireless not the Internet
          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)

Comment

It was on Broadcasting House this morning - best I can do is this link to the whole programme. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006...pisodes/player

Comment

Why would any conservative vote for a man who supported the Iran Deal (= Cruz) and the TPP ( = Cruz ) ?
              Last edited by ljadw; 01 May 16, 08:29.

Comment

No because as I said it was on the wireless not the Internet
                I'm wireless now and on the Internet.

Maybe radio would be a more up to date word to use.

Comment

It was on Broadcasting House this morning - best I can do is this link to the whole programme. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006...pisodes/player
                  Thanks for the link

Comment

Originally posted by VinceW View Post
                    My opinion is that Hillary will break the law and abuse her power a little bit less than Trump would as he's expressed he would in his campaign nomination race.
                    She's the lesser of two evils.
                    Any basis for this besides opinion? Hillary has a proven track record for breaking the law.
                    My worst jump story:
                    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                    No lie.

~
                    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                      No, no : journalists and foreign experts = Washington Post, NYTimes, CNN, ...
                      thus the Liberal gang .

Better is : Hillary supporters call out Trump's "Completely Uneducated " "Baffling " Foreign policy .

One of these "experts " ,Christiane Amanpour, is a Soros creature.
                      That's pretty funny when you consider that any foreign policy issues that Hillary has been directly involved in has screwed the US of A. Trump doesn't have to have this on his resume to win against a total failure.
                      My worst jump story:
                      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                      No lie.

~
                      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• And about the chances of Hillary to win the election : the figures given by Breitbart indicate that she is weaker than in 2008 :in the Democratic primaries she got more than 200000 votes less than in 2008,and this against a much weaker opponent = Sanders .

Comment

• Originally posted by lodestar View Post
                          Just to address the above matters the commentator I was referencing earlier was Tom Switzer (Uni of Sydney's United States Studies Centre) writing in 'The Australian' this weekend.

He defines the development in the GOP as follows:
                          "For decades now, American politics has been democratizing - going from "smoky" backroom deals and arcane convention floor procedures to primaries and caucuses.
                          The process has devolved to the point where front runner Trump is effectively running against his own party - or at least it's leadership.

The Republican establishment may well be wringing its hands at what the primary system has wrought, but the situation is almost out of its hands."

Sound like a good summary?
                          Yes, and no.
                          While the outward image of politics here and elsewhere would make it appear that the process is more open, the opposite is true. THe first act Obama signed coming into office was a p[romise to be more transparent, and this has been the most secretive administration in our history, in practice.
                          And that goes for the entire Govt structure.
                          Right down to the local level-
                          http://badcounty.com

Yes, Trump's biggest enemy is the GOP good 'ol boys, who were glad to take his money in the past but are screaming bloody murder about the idea of actually including him in their little club.

Originally posted by lodestar View Post
                          Another thing worth considering Exorcist is that the disenchanted, disaffected and disenfranchised on the right and the disenchanted, disaffected and disenfranchised on the left may, in some ways, have more in common with each other
                          than they do with the mainstream political parties that purport to represent them under their party umbrella.

Regards
                          lodestar
                          I'd say that goes without saying. Once you factor out the fringe kooks, folks is just folks. They want to be represented, and once they are not, the continued existence of the old order becomes a very precarious thing.
                          Sure, the fringe and the establishment can keep trying to lead the public around by the nose, and the node-ring they are using now is called Political Correctness.
                          That only lasts as long as people don't have to think too much, a sitiation that is clearly not going to last.

The scary part is how deaf the aristocrats at the top tend to be, all through history. They might pretend to make changes for the better, indeed they have made it an art-form in recent decades... but that trick has been done do death.
                          They won't do what they really have to, they won't give up one iota of stolen power and money, not until some mob rises up and rips it from their dying clutches.
                          And this time, thanks to Globalization, it could happen everywhere at the same time.
                          Interesting times...
                          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• The reason the GOP insiders are upset with Trump is largely the same reason the Democrat insiders are upset with Sanders.

In both cases the party relies on their headliners, in this case Presidential candidates, to fund raise heavily and fill party coffers. This is not so much for the Presidential race as it is for down ticket races that are often unable to raise significant funds locally for a candidate for say, a state legislature, or even congress.

That's why the Shrill one has rounded up virtually all the Democrat super delegates. That's party payback for her fundraising for the DNC. Sanders got kicked to the curb because he wasn't playing that game.
                            Trump is the same way. He's paying for his own campaign for the most part. That he's doing so well on a mere fraction of what the other candidates are spending should have the Democrats very worried. He ramps up spending massively, he could swamp most media outlets with ads and such that so far he really hasn't run.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X