No announcement yet.

Why should I vote for Trump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I gave it a shot on page 3, but I guess positive reasons were the last thing that anyone here actually wanted to babble about.

Such a waste of time...
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
      I hear what you are saying, but all 4 of those guys were very different.

Trump's positives-
      We bitch about the establishment all the time but we never seem to be able to do anything about it. Voting for Trump would put a fork in their eyes like nothing else could.

Political Correctness is .... I'll let George Carlin explain it-

Boom, there it is.
      What you are tempted to call "mean" is the sound of someone speaking his mind. Enjoy it, you won't be hearing it from anyone else in this election.

He was the first to put a strong foot forward on illegal immigration, and he has a plan for dealing with it.

He knows how the financial/business/economic world actually works. When was the last time we had a President that was anything besides a career Politician?
      He has had to balance the books, instead of make excuses and simply ordering all of us to pay him more money, he has had to face the penalties for failure.

He also knows how to protect copyrights, something we need very badly. Instead of avoiding China and Putin, he will confront them to protect our inventions and products.
      Something that has been a long time coming, BTW.

And lastly, he does not have 1,000 contributors that will need to be taken care of from the moment he walks into the Oval Office.

How's that for starters?
      My bold.

What plan does he have that is remotely realistic? ZERO!

He is going to bring jobs back to the US? Which jobs and how?

He is going to place high tariffs on products made in China. Bye, Bye Wal Mart and when the cost of those tariffs get passed down to the American consumer then what? That t shirt in Wal Mart that cost $5 now cost $15 or more. Will you pay the difference with a smile on your face, assuming you have ever had one.

He is going to build the Great Wall of Trump. Fine. With what money? How his he going to come up with the cost of maintaining such a wall and more importantly the man power to man it 24/7. As he said any of that? NO, just words that his condumb followers want to hear.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
        So in your opinion Trumps purposed foreigen policy is logical and not that of a loon that doesn't know beans from bacon.

You must be a Trump fan.

Fortunately you can't vote.
        Thus you are basing your opinion on statements from uninformed people = journalists who are hostile to Trump ?

Nice .

Well, not nice .

You must be a Soros fan .

Such people exist .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
          Thus you are basing your opinion on statements from uninformed people = journalists who are hostile to Trump ?

Nice .

Well, not nice .

You must be a Soros fan .

Such people exist .
          So journalists are uninformed and you are informed. How can you afford to feed such a big ego day in and day out.

Dig a little deeper if you well and you'll find it isn't coming from the left or right questioning his foreign policy, it comes from across the political board both GOP and Dem.
          Last edited by Half Pint John; 01 May 16, 03:14.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

To prove that you not a Marxist, a moron or both, like this clown...
            Attached Files
            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Vote for America.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                But you uttered it as a statement of fact not an opinion. I have absolutely no opinion as to whether Trump believes what he says or not but would offer the observation that it is not unusual for politicians not to or at best be self deluding.
                No I did not say that. I said that I was quoting from an “opinion piece” and I said “I think” that Trump was running a different sort of CON game and I said in another place that “I have always thought” so to my way of thinking, i.e., in my opinion, I was saying that when I think something that it is my opinion. Does “I think” mean something different in the UK? Does it mean a definite fact?
                Homo homini lupus

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                  To prove that you not a Marxist, a moron or both, like this clown...
                  No you only score one out of two
                  Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                  Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Vote for America.
                    Voting for Trump is not a 'vote for America.'

Trump is for Trump, pure and simple. We don't need an egomaniac in the White House. We have one now and it hasn't been a beneficial seven years...
                    We are not now that strength which in old days
                    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Trump is for Trump, pure and simple. We don't need an egomaniac in the White House. We have one now and it hasn't been a beneficial seven years...
                      But a walking, talking disaster of a Sec of State, is ok?
                      Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

Low information voters suck. Best if they stayed home...
                        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Here's why if I was American I' (a liberal elitist) would vote for Trump

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                          Well, I gave it a shot on page 3, but I guess positive reasons were the last thing that anyone here actually wanted to babble about.

Such a waste of time...
                          lodestar does not zee 'babble' do.
                          lodestar does not zee 'waste of time' do.

I outlined a overriding reason why all anti-progressive or just simply patriotic or conservative or right-of-center or reactionary or libertarian or paranoid or xenophobic or delusional or contrary or anti-PC or just so fed up and mad as hell on Post #68!

A cripped summary is below AGAIN!!!
                          THIS TIME PAY ATTENTION!!:

Could ‘Death or Glory' Trump be a long overdue tonic for moribund US politics?

It has become clear that Trump and Trumpism is not going to vanish in the short term and he has actually tapped into a vein of genuinely felt or at least perceived (that does not necessarily make it real) resentment/ anger / frustration/ unease amongst a sizeable bloc of voters.

It’s targeting some issues people may have with some ‘groups’ (and no, having issues discussed is not the same as racism or sexism per se), modern social and cultural developments, economics and of course the loathed Washington politic ‘system’ and status quo.

He won’t be president, at least not this time around.
                          He may not even end up running as a GOP candidate but he sure as hell has become a major lightning rod

I don’t think he care if he loses big-time and I’m sure he doesn’t care who he hurts or what (the GOP structurally with any luck!) he damages or forces to change along the way - that’s the ‘Death or Glory’ approach he’s taking.
                          I declare him a positive development in the overall scheme of things and in an indirect way,
                          a force for good.

He is in short a refreshing circuit breaker and great disrupter of the status quo – Good luck to him and his cause (Trumpism).

Seriously though, he won't win but vote for him anyway. He's done the country a great service in his own way.

As one commentator said just today in an Australian national daily:
                          "The Big truth that is being exposed by this battle between Trump and the establishment is that the Republicans are really two parties and they can no longer stand each other's company."

The GOP should do America a big favor and fracture into two separate entities essentially helping dismantle the two hundred year old two party geriatric paradigm which is now-days a millstone around the politics of the USA.
                          To win elections the two parties can grit their teeth and work in coalition.
                          Just like some many other parties in so many countries allover the world

Regards
                          lodestar

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

All well said and meaningless. Barring some sort of miracle, the choice is going to come down to Clinton or Trump. Regardless of how p*** poor a choice it is these are the only two real choices. Everything else is a non-vote for all practical purposes. I have also considered writing in a candidate, but in the end that is nothing more than the morally timid choice. If it comes down to, and it looks as if it will be, a choice between Clinton and Trump I have to go with the one that is closer to my beliefs and the one I have to believe will do the better job, or in this case, the lease harm. For me that choice is Trump...not that I like it one bit.

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                              Low information voters suck. Best if they stayed home...
                              Are they "low information voters," or merely so p***ed off they no longer care?

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by lodestar View Post

A cripped summary is below AGAIN!!!
                                THIS TIME PAY ATTENTION!!:
                                I have read it before, and if you are just going to keep pasting it until everyone here has answered it, well, here is my contribution.

First of all-
                                Our greatest fear is not that it will all end in fire and horror, but that nothing will ever change, and that we will continue our slow descent into third world conditions, kill off all that remains of Western culture and genetics, slowly becoming a perpetual Mexico or Brazil. For those who can see clearly, it’s apparent we’re already basically there. The protests at Trump rallies reveal the tension between keeping things the way they are to the benefit of the parasite, and the knowledge that the West not only doesn't want the Other in its midst, but that we'd be better off without them.
                                http://www.amerika.org/politics/mode...ok-forward-to/

THAT was just the appetizer, now on to the main meal-

Regarding the split in the Republicans Party (not to be confused with the republic itself);
                                It's encouraging to see the collapse of the collaborator class, namely, the Republican Party, where honest opinion was not merely unacceptable but a sure sign of some deeper defect. Integrity, perhaps. They warned us if we didn't support them the other party would win. We did, but whether they won or didn't, it was the same track, different pace. Odd, that. In time we came to understand them as just another DC club, just as obedient, just as annoyed by the peasants and just as dismissive.

The liberals have a rule, "no enemies to the left", meaning when they can't speak well of the hard left they won't speak of it at all. The Republican "conservative movement" has fallen all over itself to disown its equivalent, largely with acerbic purges, sometimes career-ending, always about fringe issues or outright trivia. Over these many years that's a lot of bath water and a lot of babies.

The Republican Party has conducted itself as a reliable franchise of its alleged opposition, betraying the trust and support of a generation. Events have confirmed those they expelled for being "too right" had the better claim to legitimacy, and in doing so, it has unwittingly run a bulletproof selection process for their own replacement. It's gotten to where credibility and rejection by the Republican Party are pretty much the same thing. Cuckservatism is what some call it, in a fit of politeness.
                                (no, that isn't what it means, babies)

But why this and why now? A while back there was a serious uprising against professional voters and their enablers, so widespread and so well founded it was embarrassingly indefensible even by DC. Yes, it all came thisclose to hitting the fan.
                                They panicked. It was blindingly clear they'd lost control of their own narrative. The groundwork they'd laid in the '30s had become boring and irrelevant, worse, the '60s attempt at renewal was spectacularly discredited by the violence and insanity of its practitioners... but they still imitate them and uphold all of those failures as heroes.

The Leftists still champion the clunky, antique economic blather of their Marxist grandparents, and spice it up or cover for it by exhuming old grudges and inventing new ones- in with mobilizing their freeloader thugs on campus, in with mandatory perversion and the outrage of the week, in with nonstop demographic slander which, as White Privilege, criminalizes the middle America they hate so deeply.

You do understand, if we decline to cheerfully roll over for White Privilege and it's pseudo-evidence we were crypto Darth Vaders all along, eh?

And if only one candidate appears to even understand all of this, then he's our man.
                                End of rant.

So, what have you got to answer MY thoughts on the matter?
                                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X