Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
    How do you know? Are you telepathic?
    No I am not telepathic—I am just stating my opinion, like the rest of you. Except that my opinion runs a bit differently than yours. Does that make any less valid?

My statement goes to why I like Trump which is what the OP asked for. Yours is just obfuscation.
    Homo homini lupus

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
      Just because Trump is paying for his own campaign doesn't mean that he's beholden to no one. He'll still have to run his businesses in the future, and so he depends on banks. He's just like you and me, he just has a few more "0's" on his loan amounts.
      Btw- Does anyone think that he can keep from meddling in his own businesses while he's president? I know that they have to be put in a blind trust, but...
      Now that is the big question. He would not be able to avoid conflict of interest, even if he wanted to. Anybody that thinks he would turn over all his CEO, CFO duties to someone else has to be dreaming.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
        Are the UK and Italy the only examples that come to mind?

No Belgium has had its coalition problems too. Greece's coalitions have not exactly been a glowing success either
        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by Jannie View Post
          No I am not telepathic—I am just stating my opinion, like the rest of you. Except that my opinion runs a bit differently than yours. Does that make any less valid?

My statement goes to why I like Trump which is what the OP asked for. Yours is just obfuscation.
          But you uttered it as a statement of fact not an opinion. I have absolutely no opinion as to whether Trump believes what he says or not but would offer the observation that it is not unusual for politicians not to or at best be self deluding.
          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)

Comment

He is a refreshing circuit breaker and great disrupter of the status quo

I'm really undecided on who gets my vote. It seems that we have a number of Trump supporters here. OK? Please tell me why I should vote for him.
            Did I or did I not outline the exact reason why Americans who believe their current stagnant Washington 'swamp' is desperately in need of a clean-out should vote for Trump some four months ago in my thread-starter of 28 Dec 2015 titled:
            ?

Could ‘Death or Glory' Trump be a long overdue tonic for moribund US politics?

The OP follows below:

"I have always had a pathological detestation of American individualism.
            This coupled with my near visceral loathing of the companion doctrines of liberty, free enterprise, unfettered exercise of speech and the detestable ‘pursuit of happiness’ should have made my hatred of Trump a given.

Now however, after several months of seeing the man in action I find myself in a quandary.
            [I was in a quandary this morning also.
            I could not decide whether I should henceforth insist on being referred to as God Imperator, divine and glorious lodestar OR God Imperator THE divine and glorious lodestar? A seemingly subtle difference but I’m sure you’ll all agree, loaded with much potential gravitas.]

Anyway enough of prologue (brilliant are they not?)

It has become clear that Trump and Trumpism is not going to vanish in the short term and he has actually tapped into a vein of genuinely felt or at least perceived (that does not necessarily make it real) resentment/ anger / frustration/ unease amongst a sizeable bloc of voters.

It’s targeting some issues people may have with some ‘groups’ (and no, having issues discussed is not the same as racism or sexism per se), modern social and cultural developments, economics and of course the loathed Washington politic ‘system’ and status quo.

He won’t be president, at least not this time around.
            He may not even end up running as a GOP candidate but he sure as hell has become a major lightning rod

I don’t think he care if he loses big-time and I’m sure he doesn’t care who he hurts or what (the GOP structurally with any luck!) he damages or forces to change along the way - that’s the ‘Death or Glory’ approach he’s taking.
            I declare him a positive development in the overall scheme of things and in an indirect way,
            a force for good.

He is in short a refreshing circuit breaker and great disrupter of the status quo – Good luck to him and his cause (Trumpism).

Now back to my morning quandary!

regards lodestar"

The post is even more relevant four months on (well naturally it's one of mine!)
            Which just goes to show the validity of the age-old saying:

"When in fear when in doubt, just check out lodestar and see what he's about."

Hope this helps you guys.

Seriously though, he won't win but vote for him anyway. He's done the country a great service in his own way.

As one commentator said just today in an Australian national daily:
            "The Big truth that is being exposed by this battle between Trump and the establishment is that the Republicans are really two parties and they can no longer stand each other's company."

The GOP should do America a big favor and fracture into two separate entities essentially helping dismantle the two hundred year old two party geriatric paradigm which is now-days a millstone around the politics of the USA.
            To win elections the two parties can grit their teeth and work in coalition.
            Just like some many other parties in so many countries allover the world

Regards
            lodestar

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
              REALLY?

Who the FRACK running as a third party candidate right now has a chance to win?

Who the FRACK is the alternative?

Who are you gonna vote for that would make a dent?

Like I said before your bile-filled self loathing post......there will have to be major changes before any third party candidate would be viable.

Again, beat your chest and feel like you made a difference if you vote for some name no one other than his grandma has heard of before.
              Self-loathing? I didn't read anything in CE's post that was self-loathing. More like loathing for the current system and the sheeple that blindly follow along with it by voting for the lesser of two evils. Kudos!
              Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

The words of a total Loon.

Journalists And Foreign Policy Experts Call Out Trump's "Completely Uneducated" "Baffling" Foreign Policy

http://mediamatters.org/research/201...all-out/209570

Comment

Journalists And Foreign Policy Experts Call Out Trump's "Completely Uneducated" "Baffling" Foreign Policy

Ah but is he a loon because he actually believes it or is he a calculating con man who believes that most of the voters are loons who will avidly swallow it? Who would you rather see in the White House - an honest idiot or a competent crook? Of course you might get an incompetent crook.

Comment

Does it matter? Trump is not going to be a benefit or an asset to the nation.
                    We are not now that strength which in old days
                    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                      Does it matter? Trump is not going to be a benefit or an asset to the nation.
                      Yes - but from where I sit I worry more how big a danger the winning candidate will be to the wealth and safety of the rest of the world. I still remember thinking the four minute warning was going to go because an incompetent POTUS had got into a situation with the Cuban missile crisis. A moderately competent crook (like Nixon) might be less risk.

Comment

My feeling is that Trump would have to many knee jerk reactions while the Clintons, we would get two, would have a more thought through reaction or plans. Crooks they might be but withn their combined experience they are the better of the two. Better might not be the right word

Comment

Are the UK and Italy the only examples that come to mind?

Germany is in the process of forming a coalition government in one of its wealthist Lands. It is made up of Greens and the right of center CDU. Also a new party was formed recently that won enough votes to be represented at the national level. This is something unimaginable in the US system. Voters have real choices to have a party that supports their pov.
                          Israel, I believe, has had lots of coalition governments. Canada did in WW1 based on Conservatives and Liberals who supported conscription. In that case I think they called it a "National Government" because the Conservatives still had a majority but brought Liberals into the Cabinet. Same with Britain in WW2 which brought in members from all three parties, Conservatives, Liberals, and Labour. Also Britain suspended it's five year (or is it 7 year) maximum time to around 9 years (maybe 10) without an election by all party consent.

Comment

No, no : journalists and foreign experts = Washington Post, NYTimes, CNN, ...
                            thus the Liberal gang .

Better is : Hillary supporters call out Trump's "Completely Uneducated " "Baffling " Foreign policy .

One of these "experts " ,Christiane Amanpour, is a Soros creature.
                            Last edited by ljadw; 30 Apr 16, 14:34.

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                              No, no : journalists and foreign experts = Washington Post, NYTimes, CNN, ...
                              thus the Liberal gang .

Better is : Hillary supporters call out Trump's "Completely Uneducated " "Baffling " Foreign policy .
                              So in your opinion Trumps purposed foreigen policy is logical and not that of a loon that doesn't know beans from bacon.

You must be a Trump fan.

Fortunately you can't vote.

Comment

Originally Posted by 17thfabn

Did I miss something? When did little fingers get the nomination?

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
                                On or about June 7th.

Tuebor
                                As the great American philosopher Yogi Berra said "it ain't over till it's over".
                                "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                                Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X