Why should I vote for Trump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    There will not be change as long as people such as yourself continue to allow yourself to be pimped by the GOP and DEMs. Simple as that. You will settle for **** from your final choice of the two parties because they scare you with the alternative of having the other **** candidate from the other party elected. Congratulations you ARE the problem.
    What "Third Party" is acceptable? World Workers Party? U.S. Taxpayers? Greens? If all the "Third Parties" are worse than the "original" what is the point?

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
      There will not be change as long as people such as yourself continue to allow yourself to be pimped by the GOP and DEMs. Simple as that. You will settle for **** from your final choice of the two parties because they scare you with the alternative of having the other **** candidate from the other party elected. Congratulations you ARE the problem.
      REALLY?

Who the FRACK running as a third party candidate right now has a chance to win?

Who the FRACK is the alternative?

Who are you gonna vote for that would make a dent?

Like I said before your bile-filled self loathing post......there will have to be major changes before any third party candidate would be viable.

Again, beat your chest and feel like you made a difference if you vote for some name no one other than his grandma has heard of before.
      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

If Trump had run as a third party, he would not have drawn much attention either and would have been nothing more than a footnote if even that.
        Sal says

Your missing something there.

Trump isn't a head of all the other GOP candidates because he is running as GOP, he is ahead because more like people like what he is saying, regardless of party.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Here is a far out example.

German elections 1933. The picks are Hitler or Himmler. Do you vote for one over the other or do you decline to add your vote of support to either?
          The moral thing to do is with hold my vote imo

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
            Here is a far out example.

German elections 1933. The picks are Hitler or Himmler. Do you vote for one over the other or do you decline to add your vote of support to either?
            The moral thing to do is with hold my vote imo
            Half Pint says.....

However,

German election was not a two party system.
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
              Half Pint says.....

However,

German election was not a two party system.
              Thank you. You have now identified the major problem the American system has.

We have no real choise and to much of the winner take all. That is a thing I've come to respect in the Parliamentary system. Some times they have to build a government made up of more than just one party. Then they have to work together with the sharing of power and responsibility that comes with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                Thank you. You have now identified the major problem the American system has.

We have no real choise and to much of the winner take all. That is a thing I've come to respect in the Parliamentary system. Some times they have to build a government made up of more than just one party. Then they have to work together with the sharing of power and responsibility that comes with it.
                Not a function of parliamentary government but of the electoral system Britain has the original parliamentary system and apart from a war time government the coalition of 2010 - 15 was the fist coalition for seventy five years. One of the problems with, say Italy since WW2 has been they have had little else than coalition governments - generally unstable and often deadlocked.

One result of the last British coalition was that the Llb-dems were virtually wiped out in the next election making the willingness of future minority parties to participate in a coalition very problematic.
                Last edited by MarkV; 30 Apr 16, 06:38.
                Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Not to steal your thunder from the above point, Half-Pint, which I think is very valid, but I just ran across an interesting opinion piece from NY Times’ Paul Krugman that adresses the reality of the US political scene:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/29/op...nned.html?_r=0
                  Both parties make promises to their bases. But while the Democratic establishment more or less tries to make good on those promises, the Republican establishment has essentially been playing bait-and-switch for decades. And voters finally rebelled against the con.

[…]

The point, in any case, is that the divergent nomination outcomes of 2016 aren’t an accident. The Democratic establishment has won because it has, however imperfectly, tried to serve its supporters. The Republican establishment has been routed because it has been playing a con game on its supporters all along, and they’ve finally had enough.
                  My bolding

I just read somewhere in a comment section that Conservative really means CONservative in the US. While perhaps Trump is running a CON game, I think that it is a lot different CON game than is usually run and also he actually believes what he says which makes him a “sincere” and “authentic” politician. I have always thought from the beginning that he believed what he said, and that he wants to "save America" while the others just spout rhetoric a la Rubio in order to get into the most powerful office in the world for their own and their backers' nefarious purposes.
                  Homo homini lupus

Comment

Originally posted by Jannie View Post
                    Not to steal your thunder from the above point, Half-Pint, which I think is very valid, but I just ran across an interesting opinion piece from NY Times’ Paul Krugman that adresses the reality of the US political scene:

My bolding

I just read somewhere in a comment section that Conservative really means CONservative in the US. While perhaps Trump is running a CON game, I think that it is a lot different CON game than is usually run and also he actually believes what he says.
                    How do you know? Are you telepathic?
                    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)

Comment

Paul Krugman is the last person who should be commenting on anything political, economic, or ethical. He is a left-wing hack who wouldn't know what a fact was if it bit him in the ass.
                      We are not now that strength which in old days
                      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

My bolding

I just read somewhere in a comment section that Conservative really means CONservative in the US. While perhaps Trump is running a CON game, I think that it is a lot different CON game than is usually run and also he actually believes what he says which makes him a “sincere” and “authentic” politician. I have always thought from the beginning that he believed what he said, and that he wants to "save America" while the others just spout rhetoric a la Rubio in order to get into the most powerful office in the world for their own and their backers' nefarious purposes.
                        Oh please, do you actually believe that the Democrats tell anyone what they are really going to do?

I don’t remember O’Bama running on universal healthcare. Or telling the world that the U. S. is wrong about…well everything, do you?
                        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Always worth remembering that "As thin as a politicians promise" has long been a term applied to many things from depression era charity stew to condoms. The ditty "Count not his broken promises as a crime. He MEANT them, HOW he meant them at the time"originally coined for Lloyd George has been applied to a great many other politicians and in that vein LlG himeself when faced with a cabinet college saying "but you promised the people that..." is said to have replied, as if humouring an idiot, "yes but that was during an election" I don't, thank God, have to make the invidious choice that the American electorate will have in November but it's usually worth applying a degree of scepticism to what any candidate promises they will do.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                            Always worth remembering that "As thin as a politicians promise" has long been a term applied to many things from depression era charity stew to condoms. The ditty "Count not his broken promises as a crime. He MEANT them, HOW he meant them at the time"originally coined for Lloyd George has been applied to a great many other politicians and in that vein LlG himeself when faced with a cabinet college saying "but you promised the people that..." is said to have replied, as if humouring an idiot, "yes but that was during an election" I don't, thank God, have to make the invidious choice that the American electorate will have in November but it's usually worth applying a degree of scepticism to what any candidate promises they will do.
                            This is reminiscent of an Australian Prime Minister who once bare-facedly categorised his pre-election pledges - after the event - as "Core Promises" and "None-core Promises".

The "Non -core Promises" were those uttered during the election campaign
                            jettisoned after the event.
                            "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                            Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                              Not a function of parliamentary government but of the electoral system Britain has the original parliamentary system and apart from a war time government the coalition of 2010 - 15 was the fist coalition for seventy five years. One of the problems with, say Italy since WW2 has been they have had little else than coalition governments - generally unstable and often deadlocked.

One result of the last British coalition was that the Llb-dems were virtually wiped out in the next election making the willingness of future minority parties to participate in a coalition very problematic.
                              Are the UK and Italy the only examples that come to mind?

Germany is in the process of forming a coalition government in one of its wealthist Lands. It is made up of Greens and the right of center CDU. Also a new party was formed recently that won enough votes to be represented at the national level. This is something unimaginable in the US system. Voters have real choices to have a party that supports their pov.

Comment

Just because Trump is paying for his own campaign doesn't mean that he's beholden to no one. He'll still have to run his businesses in the future, and so he depends on banks. He's just like you and me, he just has a few more "0's" on his loan amounts.
                                Btw- Does anyone think that he can keep from meddling in his own businesses while he's president? I know that they have to be put in a blind trust, but...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X