No announcement yet.

Why should I vote for Trump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppose you had a fed election and nobody voted?

Reminds me a little of the election held by E. Blackadder for "A Rotten Borough". Nobody bothered to vote, and they ended up with a sausage dog called "Colin" as their representative.
    My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
    GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
    Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

If you don't mind a Canadian opinion, as we are watching closely I'd say the following:

Hillary is a safe but uninspiring choice in turbulent times.

I don't like Trump, but if I was asked to make an argument for him, I'd argue that Trump does have have the potential to be a good deal maker, despite his nasty rhetoric. The opposite of a Teddy Roosevelt, but similar somehow, - speak loudly but carry a moderately weighted stick maybe. Moreover, he does have, at least, the potential of reducing Corporate political power because of his non-beholdence to super-Pacs and he just might be a source of important political reform. I'd argue that he isn't a safe candidate in turbulent times, but he just might work out.

That said, I can't stand the Mexican Wall idea, I don't like his trade policies, and his racist stands bother me, I wouldn't vote for him if I could, but that's the argument I'd make for him, if asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
        So far the reply's are why I should not vote for Clinton. That was not the question.

Why should I vote for Trump.

He has promised a lot of good things but has seldom said how he well accomplish all of his promises.
        Maybe, you didn't understand the answer. Think hard and long.
        My worst jump story:
        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
        No lie.

~
        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
          If you don't mind a Canadian opinion, as we are watching closely I'd say the following:

Wrong!!!! She is a dangerous choice.
          My worst jump story:
          My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
          As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
          No lie.

~
          "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
            Wrong!!!! She is a dangerous choice.
            I respect your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jannie View Post
              ... I like the fact that he is not afraid to upset things a bit. I like the fact that he is more Eisenhower and dare I say it Nixon, than he is Reagan or Bush....
              I hear what you are saying, but all 4 of those guys were very different.

Trump's positives-
              We bitch about the establishment all the time but we never seem to be able to do anything about it. Voting for Trump would put a fork in their eyes like nothing else could.

Political Correctness is .... I'll let George Carlin explain it-

Boom, there it is.
              What you are tempted to call "mean" is the sound of someone speaking his mind. Enjoy it, you won't be hearing it from anyone else in this election.

He was the first to put a strong foot forward on illegal immigration, and he has a plan for dealing with it.

He knows how the financial/business/economic world actually works. When was the last time we had a President that was anything besides a career Politician?
              He has had to balance the books, instead of make excuses and simply ordering all of us to pay him more money, he has had to face the penalties for failure.

He also knows how to protect copyrights, something we need very badly. Instead of avoiding China and Putin, he will confront them to protect our inventions and products.
              Something that has been a long time coming, BTW.

And lastly, he does not have 1,000 contributors that will need to be taken care of from the moment he walks into the Oval Office.

How's that for starters?
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                Write in's don't count unless the candidate has filed paper work to be a 'write in' in your state. Just putting in a name results in a null vote, might as well leave that line blank, samething.

Vote a third party.
                As long as I have been reading political debates, there have been those holier-than-thou guys that says vote third party. That is no less of a cop-out when you vote third party only to spite the two top candidates.

Even Bernie Sanders realized that he cannot win as a third party in a Presidential election so he switched to Dem just long enough to be called a Dem.

If Trump had run as a third party, he would not have drawn much attention either and would have been nothing more than a footnote if even that.

Until there is a major change, and not just a couple of guys pounding their chests for being proud, no third party will ever win a Presidential election. To vote third party is to throw your vote away.
                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                  I'm really undecided on who gets my vote. It seems that we have a number of Trump supporters here. OK? Please tell me why I should vote for him.
                  Did I miss something? When did little fingers get the nomination?
                  "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                  Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by drivin-fool View Post
                    I am not a Trump fan, but I will hold my nose and vote for him simply because we cannot afford another Clinton presidency. She has shown her incompetence over and over again.

If Mrs. Clinton is true to her campaign talks she would be far to the left of her husband. She might even be to the left of the current president.
                    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post

I don't like Trump, but if I was asked to make an argument for him, I'd argue that Trump does have have the potential to be a good deal maker, despite his nasty rhetoric. The opposite of a Teddy Roosevelt, but similar somehow, - speak loudly but carry a moderately weighted stick maybe. Moreover, he does have, at least, the potential of reducing Corporate political power because of his non-beholdence to super-Pacs and he just might be a source of important political reform. I'd argue that he isn't a safe candidate in turbulent times, but he just might work out.

That said, I can't stand the Mexican Wall idea, I don't like his trade policies, and his racist stands bother me, I wouldn't vote for him if I could, but that's the argument I'd make for him, if asked.
                      I hate to say so too but Hillary is the most reliable candidate of the two.
                      Trump is too wild and unpredictable to hold such a position better for Americans to wait for 4 years when the Republicans will have someone at least half decent like Jeb Bush to vote for.

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
                        Did I miss something? When did little fingers get the nomination?
                        On or about June 7th.

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by VinceW View Post
                          I hate to say so too but Hillary is the most reliable candidate of the two.
                          No, she is merely better known to abuse her power.

Trump is too wild and unpredictable to hold such a position better for Americans to wait for 4 years when the Republicans will have someone at least half decent like Jeb Bush to vote for.
                          Trump MAY be a terrible president. Hillary WILL be a terrible president. I, for one, would risk the unknown for the known at this point of time. I do not like Trump, but he is not a poor a choice as Hillary. Her ambition for power and complete lack of ethics is frightening. Sadly, she is likely to be the next President, because Trump has POed too many women, and they make up 52 to 53 percent of the vote.

Tuebor

Comment

It is a long held American tradition to vote against a candidate.
                            Hold your nose and do it!
                            I wouldn't vote for Clinton if she was the only one running.
                            Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                            Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
                              No, she is merely better known to abuse her power.

Trump MAY be a terrible president. Hillary WILL be a terrible president. I, for one, would risk the unknown for the known at this point of time. I do not like Trump, but he is not a poor a choice as Hillary. Her ambition for power and complete lack of ethics is frightening. Sadly, she is likely to be the next President, because Trump has POed too many women, and they make up 52 to 53 percent of the vote.

Tuebor
                              My opinion is that Hillary will break the law and abuse her power a little bit less than Trump would as he's expressed he would in his campaign nomination race.
                              She's the lesser of two evils.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                                As long as I have been reading political debates, there have been those holier-than-thou guys that says vote third party. That is no less of a cop-out when you vote third party only to spite the two top candidates.

Even Bernie Sanders realized that he cannot win as a third party in a Presidential election so he switched to Dem just long enough to be called a Dem.

If Trump had run as a third party, he would not have drawn much attention either and would have been nothing more than a footnote if even that.

Until there is a major change, and not just a couple of guys pounding their chests for being proud, no third party will ever win a Presidential election. To vote third party is to throw your vote away.
                                There will not be change as long as people such as yourself continue to allow yourself to be pimped by the GOP and DEMs. Simple as that. You will settle for **** from your final choice of the two parties because they scare you with the alternative of having the other **** candidate from the other party elected. Congratulations you ARE the problem.
                                “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                                “To talk of many things:
                                Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                                Of cabbages—and kings—
                                And why the sea is boiling hot—
                                And whether pigs have wings.”
                                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X