• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuebor
    replied
    Originally posted by Massena View Post
    Voting for Trump is not a 'vote for America.'

Trump is for Trump, pure and simple. We don't need an egomaniac in the White House. We have one now and it hasn't been a beneficial seven years...
    All well said and meaningless. Barring some sort of miracle, the choice is going to come down to Clinton or Trump. Regardless of how p*** poor a choice it is these are the only two real choices. Everything else is a non-vote for all practical purposes. I have also considered writing in a candidate, but in the end that is nothing more than the morally timid choice. If it comes down to, and it looks as if it will be, a choice between Clinton and Trump I have to go with the one that is closer to my beliefs and the one I have to believe will do the better job, or in this case, the lease harm. For me that choice is Trump...not that I like it one bit.

Tuebor

Leave a comment:

• lodestar
    replied
    Here's why if I was American I' (a liberal elitist) would vote for Trump

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    Well, I gave it a shot on page 3, but I guess positive reasons were the last thing that anyone here actually wanted to babble about.

Such a waste of time...
    lodestar does not zee 'babble' do.
    lodestar does not zee 'waste of time' do.

I outlined a overriding reason why all anti-progressive or just simply patriotic or conservative or right-of-center or reactionary or libertarian or paranoid or xenophobic or delusional or contrary or anti-PC or just so fed up and mad as hell on Post #68!

A cripped summary is below AGAIN!!!
    THIS TIME PAY ATTENTION!!:

Could ‘Death or Glory' Trump be a long overdue tonic for moribund US politics?

It has become clear that Trump and Trumpism is not going to vanish in the short term and he has actually tapped into a vein of genuinely felt or at least perceived (that does not necessarily make it real) resentment/ anger / frustration/ unease amongst a sizeable bloc of voters.

It’s targeting some issues people may have with some ‘groups’ (and no, having issues discussed is not the same as racism or sexism per se), modern social and cultural developments, economics and of course the loathed Washington politic ‘system’ and status quo.

He won’t be president, at least not this time around.
    He may not even end up running as a GOP candidate but he sure as hell has become a major lightning rod

I don’t think he care if he loses big-time and I’m sure he doesn’t care who he hurts or what (the GOP structurally with any luck!) he damages or forces to change along the way - that’s the ‘Death or Glory’ approach he’s taking.
    I declare him a positive development in the overall scheme of things and in an indirect way,
    a force for good.

He is in short a refreshing circuit breaker and great disrupter of the status quo – Good luck to him and his cause (Trumpism).

Seriously though, he won't win but vote for him anyway. He's done the country a great service in his own way.

As one commentator said just today in an Australian national daily:
    "The Big truth that is being exposed by this battle between Trump and the establishment is that the Republicans are really two parties and they can no longer stand each other's company."

The GOP should do America a big favor and fracture into two separate entities essentially helping dismantle the two hundred year old two party geriatric paradigm which is now-days a millstone around the politics of the USA.
    To win elections the two parties can grit their teeth and work in coalition.
    Just like some many other parties in so many countries allover the world

Regards
    lodestar

Leave a comment:

• Bwaha
    replied
    Low information voters suck. Best if they stayed home...

Leave a comment:

• drivin-fool
    replied
    Originally posted by Massena View Post

Trump is for Trump, pure and simple. We don't need an egomaniac in the White House. We have one now and it hasn't been a beneficial seven years...
    But a walking, talking disaster of a Sec of State, is ok?

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Why should I vote for Trump?

Vote for America.

Leave a comment:

• MarkV
    replied
    Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
    To prove that you not a Marxist, a moron or both, like this clown...
    No you only score one out of two

Leave a comment:

• Jannie
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkV View Post
    But you uttered it as a statement of fact not an opinion. I have absolutely no opinion as to whether Trump believes what he says or not but would offer the observation that it is not unusual for politicians not to or at best be self deluding.
    No I did not say that. I said that I was quoting from an “opinion piece” and I said “I think” that Trump was running a different sort of CON game and I said in another place that “I have always thought” so to my way of thinking, i.e., in my opinion, I was saying that when I think something that it is my opinion. Does “I think” mean something different in the UK? Does it mean a definite fact?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied

Vote for America.

Leave a comment:

• The Doctor
    replied

To prove that you not a Marxist, a moron or both, like this clown...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by ljadw View Post
    Thus you are basing your opinion on statements from uninformed people = journalists who are hostile to Trump ?

Nice .

Well, not nice .

You must be a Soros fan .

Such people exist .
    So journalists are uninformed and you are informed. How can you afford to feed such a big ego day in and day out.

Dig a little deeper if you well and you'll find it isn't coming from the left or right questioning his foreign policy, it comes from across the political board both GOP and Dem.
    Last edited by Half Pint John; 01 May 16, 03:14.

Leave a comment:

• ljadw
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    So in your opinion Trumps purposed foreigen policy is logical and not that of a loon that doesn't know beans from bacon.

You must be a Trump fan.

Fortunately you can't vote.
    Thus you are basing your opinion on statements from uninformed people = journalists who are hostile to Trump ?

Nice .

Well, not nice .

You must be a Soros fan .

Such people exist .

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    I hear what you are saying, but all 4 of those guys were very different.

Trump's positives-
    We bitch about the establishment all the time but we never seem to be able to do anything about it. Voting for Trump would put a fork in their eyes like nothing else could.

Political Correctness is .... I'll let George Carlin explain it-

Boom, there it is.
    What you are tempted to call "mean" is the sound of someone speaking his mind. Enjoy it, you won't be hearing it from anyone else in this election.

He was the first to put a strong foot forward on illegal immigration, and he has a plan for dealing with it.

He knows how the financial/business/economic world actually works. When was the last time we had a President that was anything besides a career Politician?
    He has had to balance the books, instead of make excuses and simply ordering all of us to pay him more money, he has had to face the penalties for failure.

He also knows how to protect copyrights, something we need very badly. Instead of avoiding China and Putin, he will confront them to protect our inventions and products.
    Something that has been a long time coming, BTW.

And lastly, he does not have 1,000 contributors that will need to be taken care of from the moment he walks into the Oval Office.

How's that for starters?
    My bold.

What plan does he have that is remotely realistic? ZERO!

He is going to bring jobs back to the US? Which jobs and how?

He is going to place high tariffs on products made in China. Bye, Bye Wal Mart and when the cost of those tariffs get passed down to the American consumer then what? That t shirt in Wal Mart that cost $5 now cost $15 or more. Will you pay the difference with a smile on your face, assuming you have ever had one.

He is going to build the Great Wall of Trump. Fine. With what money? How his he going to come up with the cost of maintaining such a wall and more importantly the man power to man it 24/7. As he said any of that? NO, just words that his condumb followers want to hear.

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Well, I gave it a shot on page 3, but I guess positive reasons were the last thing that anyone here actually wanted to babble about.

Such a waste of time...

Leave a comment:

• 17thfabn
    replied
    Originally Posted by 17thfabn

Did I miss something? When did little fingers get the nomination?

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
    On or about June 7th.

Tuebor
    As the great American philosopher Yogi Berra said "it ain't over till it's over".

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by ljadw View Post
    No, no : journalists and foreign experts = Washington Post, NYTimes, CNN, ...
    thus the Liberal gang .

Better is : Hillary supporters call out Trump's "Completely Uneducated " "Baffling " Foreign policy .
    So in your opinion Trumps purposed foreigen policy is logical and not that of a loon that doesn't know beans from bacon.

You must be a Trump fan.

Fortunately you can't vote.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X