Why should I vote for Trump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why should I vote for Trump?

I'm really undecided on who gets my vote. It seems that we have a number of Trump supporters here. OK? Please tell me why I should vote for him.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    I'm really undecided on who gets my vote. It seems that we have a number of Trump supporters here. OK? Please tell me why I should vote for him.
    Because he isn't Hillary.
    I know that is a lousy reason to vote for a candidate, but it is the strongest one I have.

It is possible that Trump might make lousy decisions and betray us, but with Hillary it is a certainty.

For example, when she set up her email she had the choice of protecting our secrets or her own, and she chose to protect her own rather than ours.
    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

What Cam said.

Trump make fail, but I believe he intends to do well.

Hillary intends to serve herself and her interests only.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

My argument would be he's not Hillary Clinton.

Clinton has an over 30 year track record of being a duplicitous, lying, vindictive, vicious, mendacious, felonious, criminal in virtually everything she gets involved in.

Insider trading in commodities for political favors and gain (hubby was governor then).

Her (and hubby's) dealings with Madison S & L and Whitewater in which they were partners. The owners, the McDougals went to prison. The Clintons walked away without a loss. Other politicians involved with the S&L scandals of the time got tarred or even charged (Arizona's senator McCain and governor Fife Symington for example as two of many) yet, the Clintons got nada even as they were clearly up to their eyeballs involved.

Hillary is almost certainly guilty of multiple counts of domestic violence. The lamp throwing in the White House is well documented by witnesses among the staff.

The FBI files that turned up a year later in the West Wing...

Then there are the recent ones:

Benghazi and the subsequent dissembling by her. Clearly, she was either incompetent beyond belief or she did, and doesn't give a $h!+ that it happened.

The e-mail scandal. You or I would have gone to prison for doing that.

I'm sure I could double or triple that list of incompetent, vulgar, violent, and narcissistically mendacious behavior by Clinton.

She makes Nixon after Watergate look like a squeaky clean saint by comparison.
        Trump may rave like a loon sometime but he doesn't have a track record of leaving a train wreck of incompetence and dead bodies in his wake the way Hillary does.
        I can suffer 4 years of buffoonery to 4 years of having the godfather running the country.

Comment

Don't vote for Trump for the simple reason that he is going to be the GOP nominee.

Don't vote for Clinton for the simple reason that she is going to be the Dem nominee.
          “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
          “To talk of many things:
          Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          And why the sea is boiling hot—
          And whether pigs have wings.”
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

So far the reply's are why I should not vote for Clinton. That was not the question.

Why should I vote for Trump.

He has promised a lot of good things but has seldom said how he well accomplish all of his promises.

Comment

So far the reply's are why I should not vote for Clinton. That was not the question.

He has promised a lot of good things but has seldom said how he well accomplish all of his promises.
              It is an answer to your question. Somebody is going to get elected President. That's a certainty. A reason to vote for one candidate over another can be argued to keep a particular candidate out of office. Sometimes, a negative can be the answer.

Comment

I can think of two reasons to vote for Trump (N.B. I am not a fan). The first is that he is a businessman with some success behind him, and so has some decent management skills, and is more likely than any of the other Candidates in being able to manage the economy (in so far as any President does so).

Secondly, he is a wheeler and a dealer with no real ideological baggage. In short he is a "wh***," and so will be able to deal with Congress much more effectively than the current office holder, and most certainly Clinton.

More than anything, those are among the most important traits for a President.

Tuebor

Comment

Sad day that we have to decide our vote on who is the worst from two equably disgusting people.

Comment

Sad day that we have to decide our vote on who is the worst from two equably disgusting people.
                    No disagreement from me there whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
                      I can think of two reasons to vote for Trump (N.B. I am not a fan). The first is that he is a businessman with some success behind him, and so has some decent management skills, and is more likely than any of the other Candidates in being able to manage the economy (in so far as any President does so).

Secondly, he is a wheeler and a dealer with no real ideological baggage. In short he is a "wh***," and so will be able to deal with Congress much more effectively than the current office holder, and most certainly Clinton.

More than anything, those are among the most important traits for a President.

Tuebor
                      Trump as business man is a bit over rated. He got something like 200 million from daddy. How much less would he be worth if he had put it into leaders of S&P 500 or mid risk MF's than he is today?

Comment

Trump as business man is a bit over rated. He got something like 200 million from daddy. How much less would he be worth if he had put it into leaders of S&P 500 or mid risk MF's than he is today?
                        OTOH, Hillary made her money the good old fashioned politician way: Payola and graft...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          OTOH, Hillary made her money the good old fashioned politician way: Payola and graft...

So she is the better politician. We all know that is something positive

Comment

So she is the better politician. We all know that is something positive

The Clinton foundation is a monument to political corruption.
                            It was and is a brilliant scheme for making money.
                            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                              Don't vote for Trump for the simple reason that he is going to be the GOP nominee.

Don't vote for Clinton for the simple reason that she is going to be the Dem nominee.
                              In short, don't vote.
                              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Working...
                              X