RIP John Ridsdel of Calgary.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP John Ridsdel of Calgary.

A severed head was left Monday on a street in the southern Philippines, authorities said, five hours after a ransom deadline set by Islamist militants holding Western hostages and others. Canada’s prime minister identified the victim as a 68-year-old Canadian.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said John Ridsdel of Calgary, Alberta, was killed in a “cold-blooded murder” by the militants. Trudeau said Canada would work with the Philippine government and international partners to bring those responsible to justice.

The beheading underscored fears of widening violence by Islamist guerrillas, known as the Abu Sayyaf group, as it forges possible allegiances with the Islamic State.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...y.html:salute:
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Find them then take them in dead or alive the former preferred.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceW View Post
      Find them then take them in dead or alive the former preferred.
      I share your opinion. Canada has had its share of grief caused by Islamic terrorist,
      My condolences to this innocent man's family.
      Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.

Comment

For some reason the OP's link is inoperative. What was this person doing in the PI?
        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
          For some reason the OP's link is inoperative. What was this person doing in the PI?
          Try this link Slick-Miester.
          http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/jo...ppines-n561936

They were vacationing at a resort when militants stormed the place and took them hostage.

Comment

RIP!
            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X