Target targetted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Target targetted

Seems Conservative Christians are hitting back on corporations folding to LGBT bathroom demands. Now, I'm taking a neutral stance posting this up so don't go jumping all over me for it. It's news and I am making the story available here.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mor...Kz&ocid=SMSDHP

A conservative Christian activist group has gained more than half a million signatures and counting from people pledging to boycott Target over its transgender bathroom policy.

The petition started by the American Family Association on Wednesday raises concerns that Target's inclusive stance on transgender rights encourages sexual predators and puts women and young girls in danger, because "a man can simply say he 'feels like a woman today' and enter the women's restroom."

The boycott has more than 503,000 signatures as of Monday morning, marking it as one of AFA's most popular campaigns.
    That represents, very roughly, somewhere between 2 and 7% of the entire number or gays in the US today.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/25/op...pgtype=article

Yes, I did some homework to come to that conclusion.

Target don't sell hunting or fishing gear in there What would be the purpose for a dude to go in there anyway?

Comment

I've been making a point of not going into our new Hobby Lobby store that opened in town last year because of it's policies. Now I will have to start shopping at Target because of it's policies.

OH, crap, this is getting to be sort of difficult--letting politics or social policies determine where I shop. Starting to be too many places to avoid or patronize. So I guess I will just keep on doing what I am doing and not caring too much either way.
      Homo homini lupus

Comment

Originally posted by Jannie View Post
        I've been making a point of not going into our new Hobby Lobby store that opened in town last year because of it's policies. Now I will have to start shopping at Target because of it's policies.

OH, crap, this is getting to be sort of difficult--letting politics or social policies determine where I shop. Starting to be too many places to avoid or patronize. So I guess I will just keep on doing what I am doing and not caring too much either way.
        Now, you should try to get them to give you really crappy prices and service that sucks so that you can feel extra-special about your political activism! After all, if you aren't suffering for your views what's the point?

Comment

So hard to believe that all these corporate execs would say nothing about some pervert walking in on their young daughter when she is showering in a public locker room, or using a public rest room, just because he declares having an alternate gender lifestyle.

Has morality in this country decayed that badly? Are we becoming the next Sodom awaiting its destruction by fire and brimstone?

What is their next step? Forcing home owners to allow those perverts to have access to your own private bathroom while your daughter or wife is taking a shower or using it?

Continue to say nothing and such a policy will be next on their list.
          “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
            So hard to believe that all these corporate execs would say nothing about some pervert walking in on their young daughter when she is showering in a public locker room, or using a public rest room, just because he declares having an alternate gender lifestyle.

Has morality in this country decayed that badly? Are we becoming the next Sodom awaiting its destruction by fire and brimstone?

What is their next step? Forcing home owners to allow those perverts to have access to your own private bathroom while your daughter or wife is taking a shower or using it?

Continue to say nothing and such a policy will be next on their list.
            Really?

You are going off the deep end on this subject, just as you do on others. Sodom and Gomorrah? You've got to be kidding.

Before the 'bathroom law' nonsense, where do you think transgender people were going to the bathroom? And who do you propose to place at the doors of the subject bathrooms in order to ensure that the 'right' people are in the 'right' bathroom? Are you going to do it?

Or, will people be required because of the 'new law' to carry a copy of their birth certificates with them at all times ('where are your papers?') in order to use a public bathroom?

The new 'law' is both ridiculous and unconstitutional and has absolutely nothing to do with 'religious freedom' and everything to do with discrimination.

Let people be is an excellent rule of thumb, and if anyone wishes to tub-thump about religion, then they should actually read the Bible in order to 'discover' what Jesus actually said was the greatest commandment: 'love thy neighbor.' That seems to be forgotten in all the pain and panic.

Give us all a break.
            We are not now that strength which in old days
            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
            Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
            To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
              Really?

You are going off the deep end on this subject, just as you do on others. Sodom and Gomorrah? You've got to be kidding.

Before the 'bathroom law' nonsense, where do you think transgender people were going to the bathroom? And who do you propose to place at the doors of the subject bathrooms in order to ensure that the 'right' people are in the 'right' bathroom? Are you going to do it?

Or, will people be required because of the 'new law' to carry a copy of their birth certificates with them at all times ('where are your papers?') in order to use a public bathroom?

The new 'law' is both ridiculous and unconstitutional and has absolutely nothing to do with 'religious freedom' and everything to do with discrimination.

Let people be is an excellent rule of thumb, and if anyone wishes to tub-thump about religion, then they should actually read the Bible in order to 'discover' what Jesus actually said was the greatest commandment: 'love thy neighbor.' That seems to be forgotten in all the pain and panic.

Give us all a break.
              Quit.... this is not a common sense subject...
              Last edited by Combat Engineer; 26 Apr 16, 09:02.
              “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
              “To talk of many things:
              Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
              Of cabbages—and kings—
              And why the sea is boiling hot—
              And whether pigs have wings.”
              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Just thinking - The door of the ladies' room swings open and in walks a tough looking guy in mens' clothes and in a rough low voice (think Lee Marvin) says "it's OK I was born a girl and the law says this is where I have to go to go"
                just how reassured would people feel?

The stupid argument works both ways
                Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                  Quit.... this is not a common sense subject...
                  That died long ago when Progressives got laws passed to force local governments and businesses to allow people claiming to be of a different gender to use public locker and restrooms of their choice and condemn laws passed by state and local governments to prevent such individuals from doing so.
                  “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                    That died long ago when Progressives got laws passed to force local governments and businesses to allow people claiming to be of a different gender to use public locker and restrooms of their choice and condemn laws passed by state and local governments to prevent such individuals from doing so.
                    Just WHERE do you think they've been going all this time? Before any laws were passed. Stop going for the government solution, it's been working out OK all along.
                    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                    “To talk of many things:
                    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                    Of cabbages—and kings—
                    And why the sea is boiling hot—
                    And whether pigs have wings.”
                    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                      Really?

Give us all a break.
                      I agree, this whole brouhaha about bathroom usage was brought on by a few zealot legislators in a couple of States that decided to pass an unnecessary law, now, a few freaks come out of the woodwork demanding to be a protected species and it has received national attention, that is what happens when you stir sh-t, it stinks more.
                      Last edited by Trung Si; 26 Apr 16, 13:19.
                      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
                        Target don't sell hunting or fishing gear in there What would be the purpose for a dude to go in there anyway?
                        Bait...
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Bait...
                          -----------------------------
                          I aint touchin that one, Mountain Man!!

Comment

http://yellowhammernews.com/politics...mall-bathroom/

In Target, this man could have claimed discrimination and could not have been detained.
                            “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                            --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

I checked out a Target store once. Didn't like the products or the service. Never had the desire to go back there...
                              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X