Rush Limbaugh at the end of his show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rush Limbaugh at the end of his show?

Are we looking at an end for Rush Limbaugh?
    http://trofire.com/2016/04/12/limbau...ntract-soonhg/
    n the summer of 2008, Limbaugh signed a massive deal with what was then-called Clear Channel Communications. With a staggering $100 million signing bonus, Limbaugh was set up for the eight years in a massive $400 million deal.
    Unfortunately for Limbaugh and IHeartRadio, the stock for the hosting company has dropped from the 2008 rate of $39 dollars a share to a dismal $1.15. Many blame Limbaugh whose fringe rants have given other advertisers and personalities on the stations a bad name.
    […]
    IHeartRadio has not shown a profit since 2007, and that long drought is no doubt been made more difficult with the gigantic price tag of Limbaugh’s show. The company has already been cutting other assets, so there is no chance that they will pay to keep a dying show with a dying host on the air.
    Homo homini lupus

He used to be entertaining but turned into a angry old man. I gave up on him at least a decade ago. Who wants to listen to someone bitch for 3 hours a day...
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I use to listen to talk shows when driving long distances or working by myself but can't do it anymore. None of them say anything of importance and usually go on some rant about conspiracies or resort to childish insults. Laura Ingraham is the worst. She goes on and on about the dumbest things like what a politician wore, if they pronounced a word wrong and other insignificant things. I would rather watch a 24 hour pbs pledge drive than listen to her for 10 minutes.
      “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
      ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
        I use to listen to talk shows when driving long distances or working by myself but can't do it anymore. None of them say anything of importance and usually go on some rant about conspiracies or resort to childish insults. Laura Ingraham is the worst. She goes on and on about the dumbest things like what a politician wore, if they pronounced a word wrong and other insignificant things. I would rather watch a 24 hour pbs pledge drive than listen to her for 10 minutes.
        There's one guy that I listen to. Charley Freedman. You can get the podcast here.

http://ksco.com/69-podcasts/39590-th...-freedman-show

He runs a pretty good show.
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Well, If Rush is going, TG we still can listen to Alex Jones to get some sense-able programming.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

It may be the end of Limbaugh on Iheart Radio, given that Iheart Radio has far more stations on the FM side of the bandwidth playing music, more that do straight sports and news, etc., its something other than Limbaugh's show dragging them down.
            Maybe the general decline in broadcast radio with so much competition from satellite radio, iPods, vehicle entertainment systems, and the like could be causing it. That's far more likely than Limbaugh doing it himself particularly given that Right Wing talk radio is relatively successful.

Now if Limbaugh were a Progressive talker, I'd say it might be possible given both the failure of Progressive talk radio in general.

Comment

Many blame Limbaugh ...
              Ooo... stop the presses, that's something new!

If you want to hear rants, go to freaks like Alex Jones or that kvetching geek Michael Savage.
              I just switched on Rush and he sounds as cool and collected as ever. He has been on for 28 years and they come up with something like this every year. I understand the timing; the 8-year deal is over and its time for a new one or go with something else, so drive the price down in a hurry, eh?

Rush is going to retire eventually, I just don't know why people keep lining up to take credit for "downing" him. I guess they are playing to the short-memory crowd.
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                Well, If Rush is going, TG we still can listen to Alex Jones to get some sense-able programming.
                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

If this is directed at me, I have never tuned in Limbaugh's show except on very rare occasion. I also don't like ranters like Jones or Savage and don't listen to them.

I can take short, small doses of the raving loons on the left like Rhodes or Miller. At least Hartmann isn't too bad so they have one reasonable guy on their side of the spectrum.

Comment

Is your ego really so big to think this was about you? TG is Thank God!

Comment

Is your ego really so big to think this was about you? TG is Thank God!
                      So you were talking about me!

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        So you were talking about me!

Comment

I kinda figured ol Rush would have had a massive grabber and keeled over by now...
                          Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

Rush Limbaugh Show is the most popular radio show in the country and it reaches around the world. Remember the caller that did a bake sale in order to raise funds to subscribe to the Limbaugh Newsletter? Sixty five thousand people came to his bake sale, even from as far as Australia.

Lost of advertisers due to his controversies are not true. He is still the hottest ticket. When 96 advertisers supposedly dropped him for calling Sandra Fluke a **** and a *****, even that was not true. It was normal quarterly notice and had nothing to do with the show because all of them renewed or were replaced. There is a wait list for ad slots on his show. And that goes for even the local ad slots here in left-wing heaven.
                            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

How many times have movie stars got a big pay off for a movie that bombed? Or athletes that get big contracts and never preform up to expectations?

A closer parallel would be Howard Stern. He has a mega contract with satellite radio. In hind sight was that a good business decision?

If Limbaugh's contract paid him more than he was worth that was a bad business decision. The radio network can negotiate a better contract next time around. If they don't want him he can go with another radio network or set up his own franchise. Love him or hate him from a business stand point he is the most valuable talk show host.
                              "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                              Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X