X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entire town's police force quits

It's apparently over politics.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...uddenly-quits/

All four members of the 700-person town’s police force — Tim Bradley, the police chief, and three volunteer reserve officers — resigned April 14 because of an alleged policy dispute with the municipality’s newly elected mayor,

All four!!!!!!

Call out the National Guard!!!
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

I'm more interested in the Mayor's background by this. Obviously, her election caused them to quit. There really isn't anything on her. The best I could do was this:

http://gazette.com/article/1573557

Comment

She made little of the whole affair...... and wrote it off as nothing. (Which sends up my "suspicion" hairs on the back of my neck.)

GG
        "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

I can't find anything concrete on her beyond she was a coach (of what?) at Colorado College and served on the town's board for 12 years.

Comment

This one has more info.

http://gazette.com/entire-green-moun...74577#cxrecs_s
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

technically, they only had one police officer and three unpaid reserves.

Not exactly the beginning of the end.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Green Mountain Falls is a very small bedroom community along Highway 24 in Ute Pass between Colorado Springs and Woodland Park. "The entire police force" is hardly anything at all since the town itself has less than 700 residents, and there is ZERO significance to this as far as Colorado is concerned.

It doesn't even amount to the traditional "tempest in a teacup" - more like a ripple in a thimble.

A while back the entire road maintenance department of Rockvale quit over a dispute with the town council - that's ONE MAN, period, who ran the equipment, did the maintenance and the whole shebang. It didn't even make the papers, although Rockvale has just as many inhabitants as Green Mountain Falls.

The fire chief in Guffy was literally driven out of town by a specific group of "feminine" residents who run things and didn't like him, and that never made the papers, either.

On a slow news day, every tiny little inconsequential thing is grist for mill.

Negative perspiration, people.

Comment

I believe Hazzard County had more law enforcement officers than this place.
                  “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                  ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Eh, full time yes. Cletus, Enis, and Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrain.

I agree with MM, a ripple in a thimble. Unless there were threats made by the Mayor Elect or some corruption in her campaign or something, I'd say that it's just politics. Or the Marshal himself had some shady dealings going on and the new Mayor wasn't going to put up with it.
                    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post

I agree with MM, a ripple in a thimble. Unless there were threats made by the Mayor Elect or some corruption in her campaign or something, I'd say that it's just politics. Or the Marshal himself had some shady dealings going on and the new Mayor wasn't going to put up with it.
                      I've seen this sort of thing happen many times. You get a feud going between the Chief and a mayor or city manager, and the entire Dept (usually just 2-3 guys) walks,
                      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        ...On a slow news day, every tiny little inconsequential thing is grist for mill...
                        I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                          Don't forget that when Sheriff Rosco was on vacation (James Best was holding out for a better contract) they had a different guest sheriff for a couple of weeks. Actor Dick Sergeant was one of them.
                          “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                          ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X