X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prom shooting

I think someone had his heart broken.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/24/us/wis...rom/index.html

I think I have had enough of local crime stories being elevated to National Stories.

It makes me wonder what I am being diverted away from.
    What sneaky trade-deals and illegal attacks on our freedom are being hammered out in DC this week, eh?
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
      I think I have had enough of local crime stories being elevated to National Stories.
      So... this has happened before?

How often?

Comment

What sneaky trade-deals and illegal attacks on our freedom are being hammered out in DC this week, eh?
        Says it all.

A similar situation in Scotland would make headlines all over the UK, but another shooting in the USA is, "Local news."
        Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Originally posted by the ace View Post

A similar situation in Scotland would make headlines all over the UK, but another shooting in the USA is, "Local news."
          That's because you are comparing Peas to Watermelon ace!

Comment

This from the that has a thread titled "Notes from Oregon"
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Nothing. It has become de rigor for the MSM to report every shooting, gun incident, and the like as part of what I'd think is a non-concerted, but like-thinking, effort to move public opinion towards gun control and abolition of the Second amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                Nothing. It has become de rigor for the MSM to report every shooting, gun incident, and the like as part of what I'd think is a non-concerted, but like-thinking, effort to move public opinion towards gun control and abolition of the Second amendment.
                Yet not one word about a law abiding citizen either stopping a crime or saving lives with a firearm...

http://www.americanrifleman.org/the-armed-citizen

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                  Yet not one word about a law abiding citizen either stopping a crime or saving lives with a firearm...

That is anathema to the narrative that the MSM wants, not often fully conscientiously, wants to portray so it gets ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                    That's because you are comparing Peas to Watermelon ace!
                    That was my point - a country where shootings are so commonplace as to be unremarkable.

Shootings in the UK are headline news because they are so (thankfully) rare.
                    Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

That was my point - a country where shootings are so commonplace as to be unremarkable.

At the risk of over-stating the obvious, we are not the UK and you are not America.

And while your nation and many others abhors our violence, you never hesitate to seek our help or our aid, especially during world wars.

You might also consider not labeling 300 million Americans the same way you label the violent among us, lest we make the same comparison with the violence in the UK and your own citizens.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        At the risk of over-stating the obvious, we are not Scotland and you are not America.

Thank God
                        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

No, because Scotland is so small, smaller than most of the 50 states in the US.

Hey, have you guys made Claymores illegal for the Common peons yet?

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post

Allow me to speak for the Liberal orthodoxy-

Heretic!
                          Madman!
                          Are you saying that Guns can actually prevent crime?!?
                          Only the Police, the Army, and all those armed bodyguards for every politician and Rich guy can be trusted to have guns. We little people are just to evil stupid and CRAZY!!!
                          Bow down and be meek before your superiors in the establishment.

We now return you to your regular programing...
                          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Heretic!
                            Madman!
                            Only the Police, the Army, and all those armed bodyguards for every politician and Rich guy can be trusted to have guns. We little people are just to evil stupid and CRAZY!!!

In one of these threads I was accused of not being meek enough. I don't buy into the white guilt bs. I'm not one to bow down to any human.
                            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Heretic!
                              Madman!

So... to prevent this, do you support HS CCW?

Or the cops running the "Gun free zone" like in this case?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X