Corrupt NYC handgun licensing system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupt NYC handgun licensing system

Have enough money? Then you can get a gun permit, no matter what your law-breaking history is.

Good read

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2016...or-the-average

Nothing new here: over the last three decades, at least three supervisors of the Licensing Division (two sergeants, one lieutenant) have been convicted on corruption charges, namely selling CCWs. NYC's hyper-restrictive gun laws are tailor-made for corruption, and this fact has been known for and wide since my school days.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
      Nothing new here: over the last three decades, at least three supervisors of the Licensing Division (two sergeants, one lieutenant) have been convicted on corruption charges, namely selling CCWs. NYC's hyper-restrictive gun laws are tailor-made for corruption, and this fact has been known for and wide since my school days.
      Massive government regulation and cost to doing something always creates a black market for that commodity or service. Nothing new here. Government can permit you to carry a gun but only under an expensive, bureaucratic, and labyrinthine process.
      The result is a black market for CCW permits.

People make millions off black market cigarettes in New York too. It's no different.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5041823.html

Comment

What keeps the citizens from demanding a change? I can understand why the government is okay with the current arrangement, but not the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
          What keeps the citizens from demanding a change? I can understand why the government is okay with the current arrangement, but not the people.
          It's New York so the people are used to politicians dictating how their life will be managed. I mean after all, Big Gulps are the devil
          Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

It's no surprise really.

If you're rich, you can get away with anything anywhere.

You don't see a "guns for the poor" drive do you?

Comment

Originally posted by drivin-fool View Post
              It's New York so the people are used to politicians dictating how their life will be managed. I mean after all, Big Gulps are the devil
              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I don't doubt that there is corruption, look at the Nassau County Police Pistol Licensing Section scandal where they went after the owner of that gun store across from the Nassau Coliseum ... however with the NYPD I think it's more about who you know.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
                  I don't doubt that there is corruption, look at the Nassau County Police Pistol Licensing Section scandal where they went after the owner of that gun store across from the Nassau Coliseum ... however with the NYPD I think it's more about who you know.
                  Retired Licensing Division sergeants used to advertise themselves as "consultants" in the New York Post, Daily News, and Newsday. Not too long ago the NYPD announced that there is no "fastrack" to a CCW, so now those "consultants" have to find a more subtle means of advertising their service.

Originally posted by drivin-fool View Post
                  Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
                  The people here are so conditioned to viewing government and their police agents as substitute parents that they're incapable of imagining a functional society without "Big Brother" constantly looking over their shoulders.

Worry not: it's not an exclusively New York habit. Wasn't it a Texan who gave us such statist abominations as the Dept of Homeland Security and the Patriot Act?
                  I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

[QUOTE=slick_miester;

Worry not: it's not an exclusively New York habit. Wasn't it a Texan who gave us such statist abominations as the Dept of Homeland Security and the Patriot Act? [/QUOTE]

Yes it was and as much as I like the man personally I will never forgive him for that!
                    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Retired Licensing Division sergeants used to advertise themselves as "consultants" in the New York Post, Daily News, and Newsday. Not too long ago the NYPD announced that there is no "fastrack" to a CCW, so now those "consultants" have to find a more subtle means of advertising their service.

The people here are so conditioned to viewing government and their police agents as substitute parents that they're incapable of imagining a functional society without "Big Brother" constantly looking over their shoulders.

Worry not: it's not an exclusively New York habit. Wasn't it a Texan who gave us such statist abominations as the Dept of Homeland Security and the Patriot Act?
                      Thanks for the perspective, though I'd much prefer we stick to New York. Colorado's kind of bipolar: there's lots of gun-loving conservatives and lots of people who'd prefer Big Brother just tell us how to live.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X