Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump on the Trans-Gender Bathroom issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Michele View Post
    Huh, no. Conservatives by definition support the status quo, what was in place yesterday. That's what "conservation" means. So if yesterday they had slavery, they'll support having slavery today, because no slavery is a new thing, and conservatives support the old things - by definition.
    That's a very deceptive and biased definition. Conservative oppose change merely for the sake of change, which is what Washington is mostly all about these days.

To imply that being conservative makes one a racist who believes in slavery is highly biased on your part, and completely untrue. By that standard, a liberal must be one who is actively engaged in destroying America for their own personal benefit, right?

Leave a comment:

• Michele
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve573 View Post
    Conservatives by definition support equal opportunity
    Huh, no. Conservatives by definition support the status quo, what was in place yesterday. That's what "conservation" means. So if yesterday they had slavery, they'll support having slavery today, because no slavery is a new thing, and conservatives support the old things - by definition.

con·serv·a·tive
    kənˈsərvədiv/
    adjective
    holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion.
    synonyms: traditionalist, traditional, conventional, orthodox, old-fashioned, dyed-in-the-wool, hidebound, unadventurous, set in one's ways; More
    noun
    a person who is averse to change and holds to traditional values and attitudes, typically in relation to politics.
    synonyms: right-winger, reactionary, rightist, diehard; More
    Now, of course specific parties or movements in different countries (say Britain or the US) and times (say today or two hundreds years ago) may have or have had different concepts of what conservatism is or was; and every one of us may also have different ideas as to that.

But if you want to know what conservative means by definition - there you have it.

Note all of the above does not mean necessarily that conservatives will oppose equal opportunity. It can happen - if equal opportunity already is a well-established, traditional value. If not - then they won't support it, because it would a reckless change, which they, by definition, will oppose.
    Last edited by Michele; 28 Apr 16, 02:31.

Leave a comment:

• Bwaha
    replied
    Originally posted by armor11 View Post
    And what if you have "both" bits?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermaphrodite
    I think that's point, set, and match.

Leave a comment:

• armor11
    replied
    Originally posted by Surrey View Post
    Simple. If you have man bits you go to the gents, women bits you go to the ladies.
    And what if you have "both" bits?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermaphrodite

Leave a comment:

• Karri
    replied
    Originally posted by Salinator View Post
    You'll get as grumpy as Mountain Man and start talking to strange pets also.
    I've been in Finland for a few weeks now, holidaying at my parents place(forest, forest and more forest all around). Most of the day it's just me and the dog here...first I talked to the dog...now we just look at each other(or perhaps the dog looks at me, and not me at him) and I am not sure if he wants me to talk, or if the look means please stop talking. In other words I spend my days wondering what the dog is really up to.

I do understand Mountain Man better.

Leave a comment:

• Steve573
    replied
    Originally posted by BF69 View Post
    Nope. I'm nobody's victim and I'm not whining like I am. I also don't treat as 'normal' a world where everyone was forces to kowtow to my prejudices under threat of violence. All it takes is for a few folk you think beneath you to get the same rights you assume for yourself & you pout & snarl in equal measure. Colour me unimpressed.
    Also color you unimpressive. The liberals have for a long time been the group that forces their beliefs on others. Conservatives by definition support equal opportunity but liberals demand equal reward from that opportunity regardless of whether they actually work for it or not. Apparently you haven't been paying too much attention to current events for the last few years...liberals are demanding success and using violence to make their point all the time lately. You should read up on it.

Another hallmark of the liberal is what you put on display with your posts in this thread: the total inability to tolerate any viewpoint other than your own. In fact in the US at least one thing about the left is that they not only preach tolerance while having none, they actually don't seem to even understand that there could be another viewpoint. "I'm a liberal, and I love tolerance and diversity but I hate conservatives with every fiber of my being" is pretty much standard sentiment for liberals. Thanks for confirming that anyway.

Leave a comment:

• BF69
    replied
    Originally posted by Darth Holliday View Post
    I'm pretty sure you have our roles reversed.....
    Nope. I'm nobody's victim and I'm not whining like I am. I also don't treat as 'normal' a world where everyone was forces to kowtow to my prejudices under threat of violence. All it takes is for a few folk you think beneath you to get the same rights you assume for yourself & you pout & snarl in equal measure. Colour me unimpressed.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
    A lot of days I wish I was at a place in my life where I could move up in the mountains, and have more limited interactions with certain aspects of society. Maybe I can retire in 20 years.
    Not a could trade off. H

Leave a comment:

• E.D. Morel
    replied
    Originally posted by ljadw View Post
    Of course not : it is about a world-wide offensive from nihilists who call them selves liberals and who want to destroy society,hoping that this will the beginning of a dark millennium,and they are on a successful way,with the help of the coward establishment : the gates of the hell are open,wide open : very soon we will have legalisation of marriage between man and animal, children will sue their parents because they have fathered them ,and at the age of 70 every one will be killed,because old people cost to much on society . Perversity will become decency .
    Yea but cheep up, it could be worse!

Leave a comment:

• Darth Holliday
    replied
    Originally posted by BF69 View Post
    Pining for the days of 'forced acceptance' I see. Well, the consolation prize is that you get to tell yourself that you are a 'victim' because the world no longer orders itself precisely to your prejudices. Enjoy.

I'm pretty sure you have our roles reversed.....

Leave a comment:

• Biscuit
    replied
    Originally posted by Salinator View Post
    You'll get as grumpy as Mountain Man and start talking strange pets also.
    True, but who would notice? I'm not bailing on the current rescue pets: 14-year old blind, senile schnauzer and a 10-year mutt that looks like she'll hurt unauthorized late-night visitors.

Maybe I could get the property next MM/Mrs. MM, and we could all grow old and grumpy together?

Leave a comment:

• BF69
    replied
    Originally posted by Darth Holliday View Post
    Yea, your right since the dawn of oral and recorded history who would have thought that marriage should be anything but a man/women (or several)..or a man dressing up as a women should be treated as a women and anything else would be considered prejudiced...or of course the better stinging term would be racist, but that doesn't apply...... yet.
    Pining for the days of 'forced acceptance' I see. Well, the consolation prize is that you get to tell yourself that you are a 'victim' because the world no longer orders itself precisely to your prejudices. Enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• Salinator
    replied
    Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
    A lot of days I wish I was at a place in my life where I could move up in the mountains, and have more limited interactions with certain aspects of society. Maybe I can retire in 20 years.
    You'll get as grumpy as Mountain Man and start talking to strange pets also.
    Last edited by Salinator; 24 Apr 16, 20:37.

Leave a comment:

• Biscuit
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    They certainly have the attention of everyone on this forum through, don't they?

It's nice up here in the mountains...all the whackos, wingnuts and bats*** crazoids stay down on the flatlands.
    We don't even get any serious politicians up here, and we ignore the few homegrown ones that we do have.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    They certainly have the attention of everyone on this forum through, don't they?

It's nice up here in the mountains...all the whackos, wingnuts and bats*** crazoids stay down on the flatlands.
    We don't even get any serious politicians up here, and we ignore the few homegrown ones that we do have.
    Not all of them.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X