Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump on the Trans-Gender Bathroom issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump on the Trans-Gender Bathroom issue.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-g...throoms-222257

"There have been very few complaints the way it is. People go. They use the bathroom that they feel is appropriate," Trump said. "There has been so little trouble. And the problem with what happened in North Carolina is the strife and the economic -- I mean, the economic punishment that they're taking."

He added, "You know, there's a big move to create new bathrooms. Problem with that is for transgender, that would be—first of all, I think that would be discriminatory in a certain way. That would be unbelievably expensive for businesses in the country. Leave it the way it is."

Last edited by Combat Engineer; 21 Apr 16, 09:32.
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

Sounds like something Hitler would say. Let's get together another BLM protest at Trump's next rally and screech about what he said here.

Comment

Trouble is, most people seem to forget that there are other people in restrooms and locker rooms who are not transgender. They may not always feel comfortable being undressed in front of someone who physically is the opposite gender. The progressives feel that the rights of those people don't matter at all, and that the only person in that restroom or locker room that matters is the trans person. Personally I wouldn't care of some former woman walked in when I was letting it all hang out...there's no way I'd be able reel it in before he or she got an eyeful so it's not like I have an option. I don't think I'd like my daughters, when they were in school, to have some former dude in there watching them get undressed or showering after PE. If they would not be comfortable in that situation I guess that's too bad because their rights would be trumped (no pun intended) every time.

Comment

Leave it the way it is. Yep. Are we to be overwhelmed with these special interest groups?

No is the sain answer. Just as any country should not have to go out of the way so others fit in and feel comfortable while making others, the majority uncomfortable.

Just how many transgend, homosexual people are there compared to the total population? The numbers count. That isn't to say that homosexual people should not be excepted or the new strange type now being call transgender should demand special rules and treatment.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Surely the obvious solution would be for those transgender people who have had the operation to go to the toilet for their new sex while those who haven't yet should go to their original sex.

Simple. If you have man bits you go to the gents, women bits you go to the ladies.
          "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

^ Surrey you make the most sense of anything I have seen. So much trash-talk over such a simple solution.
            Homo homini lupus

Comment

Or we could do what the Japanese do and just have a unisex facilities. What I think this is all about is someone claiming they're 'special'. That their rights exceed those of others. I'm just glad my daughter is a adult and is a capable woman.

(I put her through 10 years of Aikido.)
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                Surely the obvious solution would be for those transgender people who have had the operation to go to the toilet for their new sex while those who haven't yet should go to their original sex.

Simple. If you have man bits you go to the gents, women bits you go to the ladies.
                That makes perfect sense to almost everyone, but the problem is some of the trans people don't feel that way. They feel that they should be allowed to go to whichever bathroom matches the gender they identify with regardless of the physical parts they possess at the time. I would not be at all surprised if they felt they had the right to go to different bathrooms on different days depending on their mood.

There have been cases where, for example, schools have offered that they can build separate facilities just for those very few people who are trans and that's been rejected because the trans people feel they'd be singled out unfairly. Trouble is there is a certain mindset among some people who value victimhood and will not settle for anything less than themselves being perceived as victims of the mainstream no matter what.

I think Trump is right we should just leave it alone, and if that one in a million truly transgender person is inconvenienced that's a shame but that's part of the package when you're different. Deaf people can't hear music but that doesn't mean the rest of us need to stop enjoying it just because they feel left out. If you choose to be different as some trans people do that's part of the cost of that choice. If you're born different, as other trans people would insist, that's also part of it.

Comment

We shouldn't even be having this discussion. A fringe group of insane people and their supporters are somehow now mainstream. I'm amazed they're not putting Bruce Jenner on the $20.

Concerning bathroom use, Lois Griffin said it best.... "You can use the backyard."
                  Last edited by Gixxer86g; 22 Apr 16, 05:42.
                  ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

what a non issue to consider for the most important election in the Free world.

I do feel the whole idea of using the bathroom that you "feel" you ought to use at the time is ludicrous.

Maybe we have to wait for a transgender philanthropist to spend his/her billions equipping the public toilets of America with a third "room".
                    My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
                    GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
                    Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

That's pretty much how it should be. If you look the gender to a point no one is going question you about that and you are unobtrusive where no one is alarmed by your presence, that should be the end of it.

By government forcing an obtrusive law on everyone for the sake of an absolutely tiny minority who will see little or no benefit from that law there's something wrong.

Comment

I disagree. I knew a person who wanted to live as a female when I was in Houston. They looked mostly female, just a little awkward. They dressed all woman, and very effeminate. They would have gotten their ass beat, and possibly violated in some male restrooms in Houston. I have to say, that I never look for an adam's apple in the bathroom. Its just not an issue.

I hate Trump, but we may agree on this point. There haven't been any real issues, or significant threats to public safety. We also have a whole load of that is impacting our country, and its safety, at this time. Why aren't we triaging, and addressing genuine threats?

Comment

You can dress any way you want andchop off whatever you want but if you were born a man your still a man.

The reason these laws allowing men to use women's restroom are being passed is because everyone is scared of being sued. Our courts are full of judges who are more concerned with setting legal precedents and getting their names in the history book then interpreting the law.
                          “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                          ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
                            We also have a whole load of that is impacting our country, and its safety, at this time. Why aren't we triaging, and addressing genuine threats?
                            I agree with you here, this transgender thing is a non issue and why some legislators in some States want to make laws about bathrooms, is beyond me (I guess they don't have anything important to do and are looking for job security) all they are doing with this crap is bringing all the weirdos out of the woodwork claiming that they are being victimized by the normal people, leave well enough alone.
                            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I think I will just stick with this kind of comentatry from now on-
                              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X