Is Puerto Rico the next bail out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Puerto Rico the next bail out?

If Republicans think Paul Ryan is going to stop this ripoff, you are wrong!

Republican leaders ran into a familiar stumbling block last week when they tried to advance their bill to address Puerto Rico’s debt crisis: their own lawmakers:

House Speaker Paul Ryan said Thursday that Congress must pass legislation dealing with Puerto Rico’s debt crisis to prevent financial turmoil from overwhelming the territory and to stave off any taxpayer-funded bailout down the road.

“The need for Puerto Rican legislation is to bring order to the chaos, and my number one priority as speaker of the House with respect to this issue is to keep the American taxpayer away from this.” the Wisconsin Republican told reporters Thursday. “There will be no taxpayer bailout.”
    (Political double talk for its a done deal)
    Congressional leaders have been working for months to figure out how to help the island tackle its fiscal crisis after Mr. Ryan promised Democrats balking at a spending bill in December that he would address the issue early this year. The House Natural Resources Committee was scheduled to begin debating Puerto Rico legislation on Thursday, but their meeting was delayed as lawmakers look to iron out remaining disagreements.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/0...ucturing-bill/
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Lot of potential Democratic welfare recipients in PR. I'd have to say the Big Bailout is coming. The Dumbocratys can't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Lot of potential Democratic welfare recipients in PR. I'd have to say the Big Bailout is coming. The Dumbocratys can't resist.
      I've got relatives from there and not one is a demoscat.

Look at the polling results. http://www.cnn.com/election/primaries/counties/pr/Rep

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

This proposed bill is NOT a bailout AGGGHHHHH

In fact, this is the ONLY way to prevent a bailout from occurring. I know alot of our members have stereotypical views of minorities and I know Speaker Ryan isent the most popular guy around but the fact is if you want to avoid a bailout than PROMESA is your last, best chance. If this bill isent passed than I can assure you that a full blown blank check for Puerto Rico is going to be near the very top of the 'to do' list for incoming President Hillary Clinton and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer come January of 2017.

Don't like this bill? Than you can sit back and watch a real, actual bailout in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
          I've got relatives from there and not one is a demoscat.

Look at the polling results. http://www.cnn.com/election/primaries/counties/pr/Rep

Can you say "potential welfare voters after bailout?"

I knew that you could.

And unless you have one hell of a lot of relatives, I doubt your personal observation is representative of the whole of Puerto Rica. That would be like meeting a single Republican in Harlem and basing a conclusion on it.

Personally, I see no reason to bail them out in any case. I'm a big fan of nations succeeding or failing on their own, and we have a mountain of debt to deal with without them, to which they contribute nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
            If Republicans think Paul Ryan is going to stop this ripoff, you are wrong!
            NO kidding.

This is why Trump has such a good shot at it- he's the one that isn't from a collaborationist House & Senate.

Comment

I see by your avatar that you've shaved, Exorcist. Lost some q weight, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                I see by your avatar that you've shaved, Exorcist.
                Yeah, that was yesterday, when I was just feeling skeptical.

I should find one that more accurately reflects how I feel today....

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                  Yeah, that was yesterday, when I was just feeling skeptical.

I should find one that more accurately reflects how I feel today....
                  I agree, and I did!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post

Here we go again...after our last discussion about PR, I did some more research on it and realized what you were trying to say.

We won't need to worry about a blank check for PR because there's no chance a Democrat will be the next POTUS.
                    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

In fact, this is the ONLY way to prevent a bailout from occurring. I know alot of our members have stereotypical views of minorities and I know Speaker Ryan isent the most popular guy around but the fact is if you want to avoid a bailout than PROMESA is your last, best chance. If this bill isent passed than I can assure you that a full blown blank check for Puerto Rico is going to be near the very top of the 'to do' list for incoming President Hillary Clinton and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer come January of 2017.

Don't like this bill? Than you can sit back and watch a real, actual bailout in the future.
                      What does this have to do with "minorities"? If the first argument you have is racism, you have no argument.
                      Your last sentence is the point, this is blackmail, give us money or lose political power. Whose next to blackmail the American tax payers?
                      Last edited by Urban hermit; 20 Apr 16, 23:31.
                      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

What does this have to do with "minorities"? If the first argument you have is racism, you have no argument.
                        Your last sentence is the point, this is blackmail, give us money or lose political power. Whose next to blackmail the American tax payers?
                        Dude. The demoscats screwed with their trade. They are rightfully pissed at us for making them ship goods through our ports before theirs.

Wonder why they vote against demoscats?

Wake up pls.
                        Last edited by Bwaha; 21 Apr 16, 09:55.
                        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

It's not a threat, it's a fact. If HR4900 does not pass than there will be a bailout. There's no if's and buts about it. When the Speaker of the House and virtually every economist in existence agree on this issue than it is a fact.

And yeah it is about racism. If Puerto Rico was populated by White Anglos we wouldent even be having this conversation and everyone knows it. But because Hispanics live there they somehow deserve to be treated differently. Seriously, turn off Hannity and actually read what the bill proposes. It's about a far from a bailout as possible.
                          Last edited by ChrisF1987; 21 Apr 16, 09:47.

Comment

It's not a threat, it's a fact. If HR4900 does not pass than there will be a bailout. There's no if's and buts about it. When the Speaker of the House and virtually every economist in existence agree on this issue than it is a fact.

And yeah it is about racism. If Puerto Rico was populated by White Anglos we wouldent even be having this conversation and everyone knows it. But because Hispanics live there they somehow deserve to be treated differently. Seriously, turn off Hannity and actually read what the bill proposes. It's about a far from a bailout as possible.
                            Bull crap, when was the last time we bailed out a mostly white state of territory?

Comment

Bull crap, when was the last time we bailed out a mostly white state of territory?
                              There havent been any majority White territories since the late 1800s ... which proves my point. What do Hawaii, Guam, Washington DC, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, America Samoa, and the Northern Mariana Islands, and pre-statehood Alaska all have in common? Why do you think it took so long for Alaska, Hawaii, Arizona, and New Mexico to become states? New Mexico first petitioned for statehood in 1850. They very nearly achieved statehood in 1876 but racism interfered and they had to wait until 1912.

http://www.nmgs.org/artcuar7.htm
                              During an 1876 Congressional debate, Michigan Representative Julius Caesar Burrows, an admired orator, rose to speak in favor of a bill designed to protect the civil rights of freed Negroes. Stephen B. Elkins, New Mexico's delegate to Congress, was not present for most of the speech, but entered the House chamber just as Burrows was bringing his rousing oration to a close. Unaware of the full nature of Burrows' speech, Elkins shook his colleague's hand in congratulations, a gesture many Southern Congressmen interpreted as support for the civil rights legislation. Elkins' handshake is blamed for costing New Mexico several Southern votes it needed for passage of the statehood bill, and while Colorado was voted into the Union in 1876, New Mexico remained a territory for another 36 years.
                              What does all this result from? Well it's simple really: R-A-C-I-S-M. Some things never change ...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X