Sandy Hook families can sue gun industry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandy Hook families can sue gun industry

BRIDGEPORT — Gun-safety advocates hailed a judge’s ruling that victims’ families can sue the manufacturer of the military-style rifle used in the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

They called the Thursday decision by Superior Court Judge Barbara Bellis a landmark in the fight against the epidemic of mass shootings.

Dan Gross, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said it was an “important win” for the Newtown families and other victims.
    CT Post - Full Article

And without control of the Supreme Court, this could go poorly for conservatives...

This ruling is wrong the only reason to sue a gun manufacturer is if the gun doesn't work as designed it's supposed to kill or wound when used legally by the shooter.
    This should get overturned if emotion is not the deciding factor.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceW View Post
      This ruling is wrong the only reason to sue a gun manufacturer is if the gun doesn't work as designed it's supposed to kill or wound when used legally by the shooter.
      This should get overturned if emotion is not the deciding factor.
      It should, but the big worry here is a) the state it is in and b) the divided status of the SCOTUS means if there is a tie, then it gets bumped back to the lower courts and becomes precedent...

Comment

Next we will have someone suing Craftsman for a power tool being used in a murder!

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

It's a state superior court. The suits will go nowhere. The manufacturers aren't in Connecticut so the state doesn't have jurisdiction. This stuff will get tossed the second it lands in front of a competent, sane judge.

Comment

When can we start suing the brewery and auto manufacturers when a drunk driver kills a family member?
            “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              It's a state superior court. The suits will go nowhere. The manufacturers aren't in Connecticut so the state doesn't have jurisdiction. This stuff will get tossed the second it lands in front of a competent, sane judge.
              How many of those are still left?
              “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                CT Post - Full Article

And without control of the Supreme Court, this could go poorly for conservatives...
                That's like suing the manufacturer of a toenail clipper for an ingrown toenail. Total BS that will not go anywhere.
                My worst jump story:
                My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                No lie.

~
                "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                  How many of those are still left?
                  Colt and Ruger.
                  My worst jump story:
                  No lie.

~
                  -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                    CT Post - Full Article

The State judge's ruling violates Federal law. If this makes it to the US Supreme Court, a 4-4 tie will uphold the lower courts' reversals of this illegal ruling.
                    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                      Colt and Ruger.
                      Even most of Ruger's operations have moved to NH, AZ and NC.

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                        When can we start suing the brewery and auto manufacturers when a drunk driver kills a family member?
                        Obviously, right now! And if your home ever catches fire, sue the contractor.

Welcome to The American World of Victimhood. Remember: "It's not your fault!"

Our lawyers are standing by to assist YOU!

Call 1-800-this-is-BS.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Just this morning on CNN a couple of deep thinkers proclaimed, that gun manufacturers should be sued for designing guns that are specifically made to kill people!
                          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                            Even most of Ruger's operations have moved to NH, AZ and NC.
                            Not surprised at that.
                            My worst jump story:
                            No lie.

~
                            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                              Just this morning on CNN a couple of deep thinkers proclaimed, that gun manufacturers should be sued for designing guns that are specifically made to kill people!
                              So the Clinton hole and safety label didn't work? Such get ideas from the liberal brain.
                              My worst jump story:
                              No lie.

~
                              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X