No announcement yet.

Russian Planes Buzz The USS Donald Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nichols View Post
      Chief, you should probably add in that they were also doing helo ops.
      That is true Nick, but a helo buzzing around is more annoying than anything else. A jet a fighter blasting by at what was probably 450 knots, a mere 30 meters from the ship's deck is an entirely different story. Can you imagine what would happened if the aircraft in question had clipped the ship's mast? At 450 knots that plane would have likely disintegrated and would have cause extensive damage to the ship as well.
      Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
      Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Johan Banér View Post
        The overriding reason for getting that close tends to be intellignce gathering — you photograph every inch of the hardware in question.
        That's not what this was about, it was about throwing a hissy-fit after the US and Poland had joint exercises. Who knows, maybe somebody in the Kremlin is making plans to defend that miserable little patch of sandy Pine-forest from a joint US-Polish invasion .... yeah, like that is gonna happen!

And the only people still covering this story is NBC -
        No Body Cares.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
          Of course not. One has to be a professional in the first place in order to behave unprofessionally.
          Exactly. And that's what it was - a very professional "unprofessional" maneuver.
          www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

• Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
            Horseshit Shaa! I am calling you out on this, 30 meters is absolutely unsafe. That is not biased that is fact! Clearly you must never have stood in the vicinity of a fighter as it's firing up its engines. Those planes were within 30 meters of that destroyer and the photos prove it and you stuff that in your bias meter! Never mind what you see in silly movies like 'Top Gun', in reality U.S. Navy fighter pilots that pull crap like that receive letters of reprimand and have their wings yanked. If the Russian navy condones that sort of reckless then it condones unprofessional behavior from its members.
            As the example I've brought up here proves, the Russian military is far from the only one among first-world militaries employing such approach. And unlike some of them, it didn't cause an accident. Another things is the cultural "safety threshold" which is set far lower for Americans. I remember reading an article about cosmonaut training for a joint mission on ISS where Americans were appalled by the disregard for safety at the training center - from their point of view. It's all in the eye of the beholder.
            www.histours.ru

Comment

• I dont see how people can defend the Russians here.
              you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                I dont see how people can defend the Russians here.
                It's the Baltic, the "Sea of Peace", where the game all through the Cold War was to try to make the other fellers crash. They did too with a certain frequency. (Pilot loss rates in the Baltic were on par with some active war figures.)

And becuase, as far as the Swedish airforce during the Cold War is concerned, Shaa has a point. The Baltic was never Soviet. It was Swedish. And the Soviet air and sea forces were constantly made aware of that. And that was partly a matter of gradually increasing the preassure, and reducing the margins. And if things needed to be pushed to a point where the other side backed down, it was usually the Swedes pushing, and the Soviets backing.

These days of course, since Sweden drew certain conclusions from the end of the Cold War, most of the Swedish military is a bit of a non-entity. The actual exception is the SIGINT and recon stuff. That is still done on roughly the same levels. The assumption has been that the defense could be slached to ribbons, provided Sweden had still the intelligence capacity to know when to start rearming if need be. It has turned out that the political processes, and interpretatio of the information gathered, isn't as transparently obvious as had been assumed.
                Last edited by Johan Banér; 26 Apr 16, 06:48.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShAA View Post
                  Exactly. And that's what it was - a very professional "unprofessional" maneuver.
                  No, ShAA. You argue they didn't act unprofessionally. Well of course not. They aren't professionals.
                  ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                    No, ShAA. You argue they didn't act unprofessionally. Well of course not. They aren't professionals.
                    I think you failed to understand the phrase you proposed yourself

Besides, according to the logic of our American forum members, the most professional driver on the road is a novice driver barely moving at 10 mph on a highway while a highly professional stuntsman who drives at 100 mph and making steep turns flawlessly is not professional at all.
                    www.histours.ru

Comment

• Originally posted by ShAA View Post
                      I think you failed to understand the phrase you proposed yourself

Besides, according to the logic of our American forum members, the most professional driver on the road is a novice driver barely moving at 10 mph on a highway while a highly professional stuntsman who drives at 100 mph and making steep turns flawlessly is not professional at all.
                      No, it's not professional. And the highways can't be compared to a situation like this in any way.

It's more likely your pilot had no intention of getting that close. I'm thinking this was similar to the EP3 incident, except everyone got lucky this time.
                      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

• Those pilots don't make mistakes.
                        You are delusional if you think otherwise.

Probably highly skilled pilots sent to do stunt around Cookie.

After all,US don't care anymore,Russia don't care...
                        Only few forum members remind us of "commie unprofesionalism"

Nobody cares,deal with it.

Poslano sa mog E6653 koristeći Tapatalk
                        Fortess fortuan adiuvat

Comment

• You think it was ordered ?
                          Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                            You think it was ordered ?
                            Military jets of RUaF won't do nothing without orders from superiors.

That is not some funny third world army.
                            It's superpower,they do stuff after ordered to do stuff.

There is no lack of professionalism,I find it funny that someone believe in that.

Fortess fortuan adiuvat

Comment

• Originally posted by hawker_gb View Post
                              Military jets of RUaF won't do nothing without orders from superiors.

That is not some funny third world army.
                              It's superpower,they do stuff after ordered to do stuff.

There is no lack of professionalism,I find it funny that someone believe in that.
                              Your unwavering trust in superpowers militaries' behaviour is endearing

Anyone else ? An order or a "Maverick" moment ?
                              Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

• It's similar stuff what happen in Black Sea.
                                Jets fly over Cook and he finally leave after targeted with "Bastion" radar.

That is verify by commander of Black Sea fleet.
                                It was ordered then and it's ordered now.

Fortess fortuan adiuvat

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X