X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chukka View Post
    It's a dangerous business.

No cure for stupid.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Chukka View Post
      It's a dangerous business.

I wonder what the Russian populace was fed?

I could only imagine the headlines.

Comment

Originally posted by hawker_gb View Post
        Yeah,that would be nice.
        Shoot jets down,then Russians dispatch TU-22 and sink Cook then US launch nukes then Russia launch nukes... then what?

Big boys play their game in their way. They play same game few decades.
        Let them play it.
        Dont worry, these two wont shoot on each other. Only some,not very bright people thinks that they should take out jets or sink Cook.
        Luckily,big boys already forgot about that and move on.
        Didn't happen that way with the Turks.
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by hawker_gb View Post
          Yeah,that would be nice.
          Shoot jets down,then Russians dispatch TU-22 and sink Cook then US launch nukes then Russia launch nukes... then what?

Big boys play their game in their way. They play same game few decades.
          Let them play it.
          Dont worry, these two wont shoot on each other. Only some,not very bright people thinks that they should take out jets or sink Cook.
          Luckily,big boys already forgot about that and move on.
          Nothing like you are suggesting began when the Turks shot down a Russian aircraft a few months ago that was doing something it should not have been...
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
            It depends on the rules of engagement and force protection that commanders are under at the time.

That being said, apparently SecState Kerry was reported as saying the captain of the destroyer was within his rights to shoot the Russian planes down. That would have been interesting and the Russians were asking for it.
            Its all rusty because I never use it, but there are specific zones. I don't think anything allows for anything getting that close to the ship. I wish the Captain had shot them down.

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
              Didn't happen that way with the Turks.
              Turks are unimportant and it was war zone.
              Besides,Turks are dealt with in another way.

Sent from my SGP521 using Tapatalk
              Fortess fortuan adiuvat

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
                Its all rusty because I never use it, but there are specific zones. I don't think anything allows for anything getting that close to the ship. I wish the Captain had shot them down.
                I'm sure he was tracking them. I think they'd have peeled off if he had lit up the CIWS and fried them with AEGIS running full blast in acquisition mode. Russian pilots know what that system Can do, and I doubt they'd play chicken if they were getting a missile lock tone.

That is unless they were under specific orders to play chicken.

I'd have lit them up with a missile lock at 2nm, and if they decided to get that close, gone for splash with guns (They're Russian jets, why waste a missile that's just as valuable ). If they didn't peel off after getting the tone, then they're either suicidal, on an attack run, or under orders from Putin to buzz the ship. In either case, that deserves a paddlin'.........
                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                  I'm sure he was tracking them. I think they'd have peeled off if he had lit up the CIWS and fried them with AEGIS running full blast in acquisition mode. Russian pilots know what that system Can do, and I doubt they'd play chicken if they were getting a missile lock tone.

That is unless they were under specific orders to play chicken.

I'd have lit them up with a missile lock at 2nm, and if they decided to get that close, gone for splash with guns (They're Russian jets, why waste a missile that's just as valuable ). If they didn't peel off after getting the tone, then they're either suicidal, on an attack run, or under orders from Putin to buzz the ship. In either case, that deserves a paddlin'.........

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                    That being said, apparently SecState Kerry was reported as saying the captain of the destroyer was within his rights to shoot the Russian planes down. That would have been interesting and the Russians were asking for it.
                    THAT would be 100 times more stupid, than what the Russians did.
                    Kind regards
                    Igor

* My grandfathers WW2 memoirs - Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Hungary, 1944-1945.
                    * On the question of "2 mil. rapes" by RKKA
                    * Verdicts of RKKA Military Tribunals for crimes against civilians in 1945

Comment

Originally posted by Egorka View Post
                      THAT would be 100 times more stupid, than what the Russians did.
                      That's impossible...

Comment

Boys play with toys,no big deal.
                        Good for both to do some tests.
                        Only ones which get upset are armchair generals.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk
                        Fortess fortuan adiuvat

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                          I wonder what would happen if American planes buzzed a Russian warship?

Nothing, Russian jets were shot down by Turkey and they didn't respond. We buzz Chinese land with bombers and they don't respond either.
                          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

I love low level fly by's, that was awesome !
                            Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                            Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

New buzzing occur , Su-27 buzz US scout plane in international airspace

Fortess fortuan adiuvat

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                                Nothing, Russian jets were shot down by Turkey and they didn't respond. We buzz Chinese land with bombers and they don't respond either.
                                One jet and they respond .
                                12 billion dollars less income from tourism and 1500 hotels sold..
                                That's some expensive jet.

Fortess fortuan adiuvat

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X