Russian Planes Buzz The USS Donald Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
    Or, considering the garbage the Russians were flying, a mechanical error at just the right time.

Anyhoo, just another test to highlight Bobo's lack of leadership.
    Sorry a bit of a non sequitur in that last bit there. Can you explain - I mean I was unaware that POTUS controlled Russian aircraft - wow what an amazing revelation.
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by nikolas93TS View Post

It is international waters. They can fly where they want. Americans do the same thing.

A US guided missile destroyer close to Russia is not provoking at all, no way.
      The same way flying TU-95 close to UK airspace isn't provocative.

Not sure why everyone is making a mountain out of a molehill on this one.
      Do you have an idea how close to the US coast Russian Intel ships operate, daily and for years on end?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...-sub-base.html
      Last edited by Half Pint John; 14 Apr 16, 12:50.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
        Sorry a bit of a non sequitur in that last bit there. Can you explain - I mean I was unaware that POTUS controlled Russian aircraft - wow what an amazing revelation.
        It is what happens when the enemy is taking advantage a weak leader.
        Being something of a Historian, I would have thought that you would be somewhat familiar with that concept.

Ah, but the guy that never misses an opportunity to take a cheap shot at America and put us down at every turn is also trying to cover for Obama....
        What a shocker, eh?

Comment

http://www.strategypage.com/humor/articles/20010504.asp

an oldie i recall from "The Onion"

China Blames U. S. for Second Mid-Air Collision
          BEIJING (Reuters) - Chinese officials have stated that they are holding the United States, "fully responsible" for today's mid-air collision, involving several Chinese aircraft and one American craft. This comes just days after a similar incident involving a U. S. spy plane.

Officials have stated that at approximately 8:25 a.m., GMT, a squadron of Chinese F-8 fighters collided with the American Goodyear Blimp. The crash left over a dozen Chinese planes downed and the blimp's electronic billboard damaged. Sources say the billboard's scrolling marquee had been advertising 7-UP soft drink, leaving the line "Up yours" in view.

A Chinese pilot who witnessed the collision between his squadron, nicknamed, "Panda Rash" told China's Xinhua news agency that he saw the American blimp dive out of the clouds and into wingman Sum Yung Gui's F-8 jet.

"I told Yung Gui his tail was all broken. Keep it straight. Keep it straight'," said the pilot. "He just couldn't shake the American foreign-devil. The blimp then reportedly veered hard left and then right, taking out the rest of the squadron.

Pilot Chawp Suey told Xinhua the American blimp "fully responsible for the incident," repeating the language Beijing has used in the earlier incident.

China blames this new accident on the Goodyear blimp, saying it rammed the supersonic fighters, and has demanded an apology.

Officials from the Goodyear Company have said it is unlikely that the slow propeller-driven blimp could turn inside and ram a dozen nimble fighters, unless the Chinese were testing chimp pilots.

"The direct cause of the collision was that the American blimp made a sudden big move toward the Chinese planes, making it impossible for the Chinese planes to get out of the way," Suey was quoted as saying.

"The savage act of American blimps colliding with Chinese planes while conducting spying activities at sporting events makes us indignant," he was quoted as saying.

Chinese officials are calling for an apology from the United States and enough Goodyear tires to replace the Firestone's that experienced spontaneous combustion last year.

U. S. officials expressed regret, but would not allow an apology until the matter could be investigated further.
          45B10 1986-91

Comment

Sometimes it's better to ignore a bully than to acknowledge him, especially if he really can't do anything to you.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
              I agree with Exo. A bit of a strange response. You can't see how Putin is taking advantage of Obama?
              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                It wasn't that long ago that a Chinese pilot was pulling the exact same stunt on a US Patrol plane, a P-3 Orion, and crashed into it.
                I don't recall Obama doing much about that one at all.
                It was a long time ago...... 15 years.....
                ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

They will keep playing the game until we know who wins the presidential election, and then the games will either subside or increase, depending on who wins. Either way this is definitely Putin flippin Obama the bird...
                  Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

Ok, guys, I hope you've all spoken out about unprofessional evil drunk stupid bears, right?

Now repeat it all about Sweden if you have the slightest shreds of integrity about yourselves.

Swedish SH37 Viggen crashes photographing new Russian cruiser

IN AN EPISODE reminiscent of the Cold War, a Swedish air force reconnaissance aircraft crashed on 16 October while on a low-level pass over a new Russian cruiser at sea for the first time.

The Saab SH37 Viggen crashed about 110km (60nm) south-east of Gotland Island. Latvian and Russian authorities mounted a rescue operation, but they did not find the pilot.

The SH37, with an SF37 Viggen variant, was carrying out low-level passes of the Russian navy's largest cruiser, Peter the Great, which had put to sea for the first time.
                    Peter the Great is a nuclear-powered cruiser.

Don't get upset, guys - I was only joking about your integrity, of course
                    www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                      Sometimes it's better to ignore a bully than to acknowledge him, especially if he really can't do anything to you.
                      Is there an "Oh Crap something got too close and the CIWS just opened up on its own" setting?

If so, I think we should make that mode SOP.

I mean, buzzing a SAM site is generally considered to be suicide.....and warships are basically floating SAM sites with supporting AAA.
                      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                        Is there an "Oh Crap something got too close and the CIWS just opened up on its own" setting?

If so, I think we should make that mode SOP.

I mean, buzzing a SAM site is generally considered to be suicide.....and warships are basically floating SAM sites with supporting AAA.
                        That reminds me of a story that my brother told me once. He used to fly helicopters for the oil industry in Saudi Arabia. Every time that they would be inbound to the one airport (I can't remember which one), there was always this one AA gun on a hilltop that would always be tracking them. They got sick of it and decided to start coming inbound from another direction. First time that they did it, they say a Hawk missile battery on another hill tracking them. They went back to their original route. They felt safer with the gun than the missile.

Comment

Just have our"big boat" Navy do what our"little boat"Navy did,raise the white flag. Our colors don't run,but they sure do pale these days.
                          The history addict asked me,"Where did you fought?"
                          Me...Damn..."I'm not sure."

Comment

Originally posted by ShAA View Post
                            Ok, guys, I hope you've all spoken out about unprofessional evil drunk stupid bears, right?

Now repeat it all about Sweden if you have the slightest shreds of integrity about yourselves.

Swedish SH37 Viggen crashes photographing new Russian cruiser

Peter the Great is a nuclear-powered cruiser.

Don't get upset, guys - I was only joking about your integrity, of course
                            23 October, 1996.

Comment

Russia rejects criticism of fly-by near US Navy destroyer

MOSCOW (AP) — Russia's defense ministry has rejected complaints by U.S. officials who said Russian attack planes buzzed dangerously close to a U.S. Navy destroyer in the Baltic Sea this week.

The U.S. European command says the Russian planes buzzed a U.S. ship multiple times Monday and Tuesday in what the U.S. officials described as an unsafe and unprofessional manner.

Secretary of State John Kerry told CNN Espanol that under U.S. military rules of engagement, the Navy ship could have opened fire. He condemned the Russian actions.

Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov, spokesman for the Russian defense ministry, said Thursday that the pilots of Russian Su-24 jets saw the ship and turned back "while using all measures of precaution." Konashenkov said he was baffled by what he described as the "distressed reaction of our American counterparts."
                              AP - Full Article

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                                23 October, 1996.
                                What's two decades between friends...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X