Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama forgiving almost 400,000 student loans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama forgiving almost 400,000 student loans.

How stupid is this? Educate people who are unemployable at great cost then write off their student loans...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/marke...cL&ocid=SMSDHP

The Department of Education will send letters to 387,000 people they’ve identified as being eligible for a total and permanent disability discharge, a designation that allows federal student loan borrowers who can’t work because of a disability to have their loans forgiven.

If every borrower identified by the department decides to have his or her debt forgiven, the government will end up discharging more than $7.7 billion in debt, according to the department.
    $7.7 billion down the drain to make smart, well educated invalids who can't contribute to the economy. It'd be fine if they were doing this on their own dime, but to dump this on taxpayers? More Progressive idiocy in action.

Crap. I need to find me a disability.

Tuebor

Comment

Start here:

https://www.ssa.gov/disability/profe...ltListings.htm

Comment

The thing that really makes me mad is I paid my student loans off when I got an inheritance. This was several years before I went on the disabled list. I wonder what else Barry has up his sleeve?

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Wait until you see his list of hardened criminals he will pardon as his last act of being president.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I'm paying mine off for grad school. And I'm a disabled veteran. I don't believe that Obama will 'forgive' my loan since I'm retired...
            We are not now that strength which in old days
            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
            Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
            To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Maybe I looked at this wrong the first time. I thought of people who had loans, had a life event that rendered them disabled, and now couldn't pay their loans. Didn't think about people gaming the system.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                How stupid is this? Educate people who are unemployable at great cost then write off their student loans...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/marke...cL&ocid=SMSDHP

$7.7 billion down the drain to make smart, well educated invalids who can't contribute to the economy. It'd be fine if they were doing this on their own dime, but to dump this on taxpayers? More Progressive idiocy in action.
                Not exactly down the drain, since these are "backed" by the Fed. Just passed on to us taxpayers via the Federal Budget/Deficit which will pay it for those let off the obligation.

Comment

This pisses me off. The Obamaconomy has screwed me out of a decent job as the local economy has spiraled into the tank. Then Obamacare has caused my medical insurance cost and medical bills to go up. Now while I'm paying off my loans everyone else is getting out of paying theirs. Really steamed.

Comment

Originally posted by coltshooter1 View Post
                    This pisses me off. The Obamaconomy has screwed me out of a decent job as the local economy has spiraled into the tank. Then Obamacare has caused my medical insurance cost and medical bills to go up. Now while I'm paying off my loans everyone else is getting out of paying theirs. Really steamed.
                    The only people he's letting get out of theirs are the ones who now have degrees that are mostly useless as they can't work being disabled. I'd think that forgiving those who are employed would be better as they'd be able to then make money and pay taxes and eventually put something back into the system.
                    Instead, Obama's being "compassionate" and writing off billions in student loans on the backs of those who can and do so that those who can't, won't, and do nothing can get a free ride.
                    Welcome to the upside down world of the Progressive Left were the indolent and indigent get treated to a free ride and the industrious and inventive get soaked out of the fruit of their labor to pay for it.

Comment

Dare I play a race card?
                      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

In the immortal words of Sheriff Bart...

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                        Dare I play a race card?
                        As Sheriff Bart said in "Blazing Saddles":

DARE! DARE!

Pruitt
                        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          The only people he's letting get out of theirs are the ones who now have degrees that are mostly useless as they can't work being disabled. I'd think that forgiving those who are employed would be better as they'd be able to then make money and pay taxes and eventually put something back into the system.
                          Instead, Obama's being "compassionate" and writing off billions in student loans on the backs of those who can and do so that those who can't, won't, and do nothing can get a free ride.
                          Welcome to the upside down world of the Progressive Left were the indolent and indigent get treated to a free ride and the industrious and inventive get soaked out of the fruit of their labor to pay for it.
                          This is nothing new. Seems to me that I have been on the short end of the stick my entire life.

I just CAN'T get a break!

Oh well, maybe in the next life...... WHAT? There ain't no "next life"?

GG
                          "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X