We are the death merchant of the world says Ex-Bush official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VinceW View Post
    He had a bit of a antiwar streak in him some current and former military members are like that.
    Which explains his obsession with being paranoid and suspicous of the defense industry.
    He was a RINO with his food instead of weapons statement.
    And who should have the most experience in that department?

What a cruel thing war is... to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors. Robert E. Lee

“I am sick and tired of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation. War is hell.”
    From “On Killing” by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Sherman

The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war.
    Douglas MacArthur

It is part of the general pattern of misguided policy that our country is now geared to an arms economy which was bred in an artificially induced psychosis of war hysteria and nurtured upon an incessant propaganda of fear.
    Douglas MacArthur

I don't have any of my own quotes about war.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

"War is really a very brutal way of settling differences and the more I see of it the more I hate" it Field Marshal Sir John French 1915

"I hate the business of war, the horror, the waste, the destruction, the inefficiency" General Sir John Monash 1935

"My trouble is I am not really interested in war" Field Marshal Earl Wavel 1942

"The next greatest misfortune to loosing a battle is to gain such a victory as this" Field Marshal Arthur Wellesley Duke of Wellington 1815
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Without war,mankind would still be at the level of the homo erectus .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
          Without war,mankind would still be at the level of the homo erectus .
          What a preposterous statement - lets see some logic for this.
          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)

Comment

And what shall we say about the other big 4?
            http://www.upi.com/News_Photos/Featu...rters/fp/3105/
            The U.K.’s arms sales make up 4% of the global market, SIPRI says. 21% of the U.K.’s weapons exports went to the U.S., including MP aircraft radars. The U.S. is the largest of UK’s recipients
            Hmmm, so the Brits are okay when we are buying, but not selling?
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
              And what shall we say about the other big 4?
              http://www.upi.com/News_Photos/Featu...rters/fp/3105/

Hmmm, so the Brits are okay when we are buying, but not selling?
              No one has clean hands, some are just dirtier than others

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                What a preposterous statement - lets see some logic for this.
                Not really. Many of our advancements have come through military tech. Would they have come in a time of total peace for the last 3000 years? Maybe but our wars have accelerated our advancement.
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X