Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are the death merchant of the world says Ex-Bush official

Hi

Col. Lawrence Wilkerson is tired of “the corporate interests that we go abroad to slay monsters for.”

As the former chief of staff to Secretary of State Colin Powell, Wilkerson played an important role in the George W. Bush administration. In the years since, however, the former Bush official has established himself as a prominent critic of U.S. foreign policy.

“I think Smedley Butler was onto something,” explained Lawrence Wilkerson, in an extended interview with Salon.
    Full article here:- http://www.salon.com/2016/03/29/we_a...ium=socialflow

Regards

Andy H
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

death merchant

Selling arms is legal . Unless some one can show me where I can find a US law that makes it illegal to sell arms .

Comment

So they a legal merchant of death.
      you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

A soubriquet once widely applied to Messrs Krupp, Vickers, Nordenfeldt, Hotchkiss, Schneider et al - all trading within the laws of their respective countries
        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Selling weapons creates jobs and gives the government a lot of revenues .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
            Selling weapons creates jobs and gives the government a lot of revenues .
            Not that mutch actually. It gives arms companies money and most in the USA are private so the goverment only gets tax money thst privat corporation try the best to avoid.
            you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Opinions are like as-----s, everyone has one!
              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Funny, when FDR was doing it, it was called "The Arsenal of Democracy".

Yeah, okay, lets fall for the propaganda and cut everyone off. That way China, Russia, France and the UK can take up the slack and make the money US companies used to make.

You guys can prove that the US not selling arms wouldn't result in exactly that kind of thing, can't you?
                If not, what is the issue?

Would it be a nicer world if everyone was buying their guns from the EU or Putin?
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

Yeah, okay, lets fall for the propaganda and cut everyone off. That way China, Russia, France and the UK can take up the slack and make the money US companies used to make.

You guys can prove that the US not selling arms wouldn't result in exactly that kind of thing, can't you?

Would it be a nicer world if everyone was buying their guns from the EU or Putin?
                  FDR had a real enemy to fight...GWOT is just a money making machine.
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I got you the T-shirt...

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

Exactly. All of the developed nations have been selling weapons to the lesser developed nations since the very beginning of warfare. Even the neutral nations manufacture and sell weapons, but of course America is to blame despite the plain fact that we are one of the newest nations to do so.

And as long as the most common assault rifle is the AK, they can go blame Russia.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                        So they a legal merchant of death.
                        Just like South Africa.
                        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

If no nation winds up using the weapons they buy for 'death and destruction', "leaves them on the shelf" so to speak, then is the seller really a "merchant of death"?

In the above example, could be considered a 'merchant of deterrence' ...

And as pointed out, in a global market place with competition from other suppliers ....
                          .... when your "customer" depends upon your for the spare parts, replacements, upgrades, service contracts, etc. for the weapons systems you sold them, don't you (the seller) gain a bit of leverage in the customer's use of those systems?

Comment

What I am trying to say in post#7 is that it is one mans opinion and if by chance he is correct, we (the US) sure ain't alone.
                            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                              If no nation winds up using the weapons they buy for 'death and destruction', "leaves them on the shelf" so to speak, then is the seller really a "merchant of death"?

In the above example, could be considered a 'merchant of deterrence' ...

And as pointed out, in a global market place with competition from other suppliers ....
                              .... when your "customer" depends upon your for the spare parts, replacements, upgrades, service contracts, etc. for the weapons systems you sold them, don't you (the seller) gain a bit of leverage in the customer's use of those systems?
                              The final paragraph certainly contains a salient point.

When Australia got herself involved in the Vietnam conflict the Swedish government placed an embargo on the provision of ammunition for the Carl-Gustaf M2 anti-armour weapon (MRAAW :-"Charlie Guts-ache").

I think a device was enabled to get around the situation,and the Swedish government has modified its stance since,I think, but it does raise the spectre of a foreign government sitting in judgement on the foreign and defence policy of a purchasing client.
                              "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                              Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X