AP-GfK Poll: Americans overwhelmingly view Trump negatively

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP-GfK Poll: Americans overwhelmingly view Trump negatively

WASHINGTON (AP) — For Americans of nearly every race, gender, political persuasion and location, disdain for Donald Trump runs deep, saddling the Republican front-runner with unprecedented unpopularity as he tries to overcome recent campaign setbacks.

Seven in 10 people, including close to half of Republican voters, have an unfavorable view of Trump, according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll. It's an opinion shared by majorities of men and women; young and old; conservatives, moderates and liberals; and whites, Hispanics and blacks — a devastatingly broad indictment of the billionaire businessman.

Even in the South, a region where Trump has won GOP primaries decisively, close to 70 percent view him unfavorably. And among whites without a college education, one of Trump's most loyal voting blocs, 55 percent have a negative opinion.

Trump still leads the Republican field in delegates and has built a loyal following with a steady share of the Republican primary electorate. But the breadth of his unpopularity raises significant questions about how he could stitch together enough support in the general election to win the White House.

It also underscores the trouble he may still face in the Republican race, which appears headed to a contested convention where party insiders would have their say about who will represent the GOP in the fall campaign.

"He's at risk of having the nomination denied to him because grass-roots party activists fear he's so widely disliked that he can't possibly win," said Ari Fleischer, a former adviser to President George W. Bush.

Beyond their generally negative perception of Trump, large majorities also said they would not describe him as civil, compassionate or likable. On nearly all of these measures, Trump fared worse than his remaining Democratic or Republican rivals.

More at: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/a636c...ump-negatively
    "I am Groot"
    - Groot

I'd like to take him hunting...

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
      I'd like to take him hunting...

Dick Cheney still go hunting? Send The Donald out with him.
      Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

The question still remains.
        How can he wins with 3/10 peoples voting for him?
        Unless some people are voting for someone they cannot stand?
        Can't believe it..
        That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Well he only needs half the republicans to vote for him. If he wins the republican nomination shilary will be president.
          you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
            The question still remains.
            How can he wins with 3/10 peoples voting for him?
            Unless some people are voting for someone they cannot stand?
            Can't believe it..
            Because the poll is a load of crap. Based on who I deal with at work, co workers, and customers, it's more like 7 to 10 in favor of Trump.

Most of those folks fully understand Trump is full of s**t and will most likely be a bad thing, but like him anyway. At least over Hillary or Bernie.

This whole "lesser evil" thing is sinking to new lows.

America, we're fooked. Oh well, like another Jim once said, I don't know what's going to happen, but I'm going to get my kicks before the whole s**thouse goes up in flames.
            ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Normally GFK is doing consumer research, not political opinion polls .Thus ....

Comment

The poll is a load of crap. We have scientific proof. Gixxer's customers, in a NJ town auto parts store, say it isn't so.

"And among whites without a college education, one of Trump's most loyal voting blocs, 55 percent have a negative opinion."
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                  The poll is a load of crap. We have scientific proof. Gixxer's customers, in a NJ town auto parts store, say it isn't so.
                  I guess real world contact and experience doesn't matter anymore.

We still have mom and pop stores here in the US, John. The type of place where people come to buy parts, and hang out. All sorts of people. Mayors, cops, etc.

You've been away too long, John.
                  ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Yet so many Republicans will continue voting for him over other Republican candidates and throw a fit when Hillary wins the election. As if they didn't set their selves up for failure.

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post

We still have mom and pop stores here in the US, John. The type of place where people come to buy parts, and hang out. All sorts of people. Mayors, cops, etc.

Your approach definity sounds more scientific.
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmat View Post
                      WASHINGTON (AP) — For Americans of nearly every race, gender, political persuasion and location, disdain for Donald Trump runs deep, saddling the Republican front-runner with unprecedented unpopularity as he tries to overcome recent campaign setbacks.

Seven in 10 people, including close to half of Republican voters, have an unfavorable view of Trump, according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll. It's an opinion shared by majorities of men and women; young and old; conservatives, moderates and liberals; and whites, Hispanics and blacks — a devastatingly broad indictment of the billionaire businessman.

Even in the South, a region where Trump has won GOP primaries decisively, close to 70 percent view him unfavorably. And among whites without a college education, one of Trump's most loyal voting blocs, 55 percent have a negative opinion.

Trump still leads the Republican field in delegates and has built a loyal following with a steady share of the Republican primary electorate. But the breadth of his unpopularity raises significant questions about how he could stitch together enough support in the general election to win the White House.

It also underscores the trouble he may still face in the Republican race, which appears headed to a contested convention where party insiders would have their say about who will represent the GOP in the fall campaign.

"He's at risk of having the nomination denied to him because grass-roots party activists fear he's so widely disliked that he can't possibly win," said Ari Fleischer, a former adviser to President George W. Bush.

Beyond their generally negative perception of Trump, large majorities also said they would not describe him as civil, compassionate or likable. On nearly all of these measures, Trump fared worse than his remaining Democratic or Republican rivals.

More at: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/a636c...ump-negatively
                      Give Trump credit, thanks to him Ted Cruz is now an acceptable alternative to the GOP leadership. They still don't like Ted but they don't dislike him nearly as much as they dislike the Trumpenstein Monster!
                      Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                      Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Says the AP poll, probably paid for by the Democrats.

Polls aren't even as accurate as weather forecasts, but the amount of time, money and effort being spent to discredit Trump tells me just how frightened the Democrats are.

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post

And what share of the electorate does your social circle in New Jersey represent: 20%, 10%?

Trump's delegate lead makes him the odds-on favorite to win the GOP nomination. Even if he doesn't capture the 1,237 delegates needed to win outright, just so long as he shows up at the convention with the largest number -- which is likely -- then it'll take divine intervention to deny him the GOP's banner.

And then Hillary will hammer him in November. The only real question is if Bernie Sanders is the Democratic nominee. What happens then?
                          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

One positive for Sen Sanders is that he isn't the mud slinger that the rest are.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Says the AP poll, probably paid for by the Democrats.

Polls aren't even as accurate as weather forecasts, but the amount of time, money and effort being spent to discredit Trump tells me just how frightened the Democrats are.
                              Well Trumpster tell as how your man is going to do all the things he keeps blowing wind about?

Then your the one that supposedly doesn't like narcissist. Hard to find some one to top Trump. How can you still support or defend him?
                              ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X