The Unaffordable Health Care Act and Your Taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Unaffordable Health Care Act and Your Taxes

So, here it starts. As you file your 2015 tax form to the IRS, you will now have to submit proof of health care insurance or pay an additional tax.

http://time.com/4282054/obamacare-taxes/

This means everyone will have to file even if no other taxes are due just to prove that they had Obama approved health care coverage for the entire year. So, be sure that you have your form 1095-B proving that you were covered for the entire year or send them a check or money order of $325 per adult and $162.50 per child, or 2% of household income, whichever is greater.

For the 2016 filing, expect to come up with $695 per adult and $347.50 per child, or 2.5% of household income, whichever is greater.

This will continue to rise until you give the IRS everything and become an unemployed slave on welfare.
    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
    For the 2016 filing, expect to come up with $695 per adult and $347.50 per child, or 2.5% of household income, whichever is greater.

This will continue to rise until you give the IRS everything and become an unemployed slave on welfare.
    This is not entirely correctly worded. It should read: This will continue to rise until the IRS has taken everything and you become a dependent of the state with someone else paying...

That is until there are no more people left with assets to pay... Then things will get very interesting.

Comment

So, here it starts. As you file your 2015 tax form to the IRS, you will now have to submit proof of health care insurance or pay an additional tax.

http://time.com/4282054/obamacare-taxes/

This means everyone will have to file even if no other taxes are due just to prove that they had Obama approved health care coverage for the entire year. So, be sure that you have your form 1095-B proving that you were covered for the entire year or send them a check or money order of $325 per adult and $162.50 per child, or 2% of household income, whichever is greater.

Info is on W-2, so no 1095-b needed.

No fee nor any increasing fee, as a responsible person I insure my family and myself. Always have for my entire adult life, as one should.

Problem solved.
      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
      “To talk of many things:
      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      And why the sea is boiling hot—
      And whether pigs have wings.”
      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post

No fee nor any increasing fee, as a responsible person I insure my family and myself. Always have for my entire adult life, as one should.

Problem solved.
        It saddens me that you still do not understand what this law does. By removing chose from your life the government has turned you into a serf. If I wanted to live under a bridge and survive on money I got begging on the street I could, or if I wanted to work 5 jobs to buy a swimming pol for my dog that was also my chose. Now the all powerful “Government” is telling me that I MUST buy something just because I am a citizen.

One more freedom taken away.
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Problem solved.
          Retirees on Social Security and pensions don't have a W-2. Part time employees are usually not provided employer paid for health care. They are on the hook to purchase their own or have to prove they are on someone else's plan.

If you had read the entire article, you will have seen why so many employers of over 100, next year, its 50, full time employees are now putting their workers on part time.

You still have to prove that you have bought the Obama Approved Insurance for yourself and your family.

Problem solved? Hardly.

And, before you try the argument of having to buy car insurance and licenses, no one in this country is required to own a car by Federal, State, or local law.
          “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Problem solved.

The fact that it is consistent with what you feel is appropriate does not mean the government should be forcing us to do something. (i.e. insurance)
            What is "responsible" for you, is probably a huge waste of money for a 27 year old.

Somehow, I think I am in a better position to determine how to behave responsibly with my life than political hacks who are ultimately just looking to exact more money from me.
            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Retirees on Social Security and pensions don't have a W-2. Part time employees are usually not provided employer paid for health care. They are on the hook to purchase their own or have to prove they are on someone else's plan.

If you had read the entire article, you will have seen why so many employers of over 100, next year, its 50, full time employees are now putting their workers on part time.

You still have to prove that you have bought the Obama Approved Insurance for yourself and your family.

Problem solved? Hardly.

And, before you try the argument of having to buy car insurance and licenses, no one in this country is required to own a car by Federal, State, or local law.
              Car insurance is only required if you chose to operate your vehicle on public highways. There is no law that requires having auto insurance just for owning a car. You are right, they are not the same thing.
              Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Problem solved.
                Good for you. Its not the governments job to tell you to do that and fine you if you don't.
                “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                  It saddens me that you still do not understand what this law does. By removing chose from your life the government has turned you into a serf. If I wanted to live under a bridge and survive on money I got begging on the street I could, or if I wanted to work 5 jobs to buy a swimming pol for my dog that was also my chose. Now the all powerful “Government” is telling me that I MUST buy something just because I am a citizen.

One more freedom taken away.
                  Nope you're totally free to choose which option you want. Insurance or no insurance. If you don't the government hits you up for the risk you're pawning off on it if you have a large medical bill that you can't pay. The Hospitals then pass along that cost to the Federal Government and also pass it along to people like me that are responsible.

Why do you want a free ride along with your 'freedom to choose"? Sorry the economy does not work that way, someone ALWAYS pays. When a person chooses not to have insurance then they are simply passing the risk\buck on to me. I don't like that neither did the Feds. So they pass a bit of that cost back on the person that tried to avoid it.
                  “To talk of many things:
                  Of cabbages—and kings—
                  ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                    The fact that it is consistent with what you feel is appropriate does not mean the government should be forcing us to do something. (i.e. insurance)
                    What is "responsible" for you, is probably a huge waste of money for a 27 year old.

Somehow, I think I am in a better position to determine how to behave responsibly with my life than political hacks who are ultimately just looking to exact more money from me.
                    See my reply to TSAR.
                    “To talk of many things:
                    Of cabbages—and kings—
                    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Problem solved? Hardly.

Over 65 has Medicare. They're covered.
                      “To talk of many things:
                      Of cabbages—and kings—
                      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Nope you're totally free to choose which option you want. Insurance or no insurance. If you don't the government hits you up for the risk you're pawning off on it if you have a large medical bill that you can't pay. The Hospitals then pass along that cost to the Federal Government and also pass it along to people like me that are responsible.

Why do you want a free ride along with your 'freedom to choose"? Sorry the economy does not work that way, someone ALWAYS pays. When a person chooses not to have insurance then they are simply passing the risk\buck on to me. I don't like that neither did the Feds. So they pass a bit of that cost back on the person that tried to avoid it.
                        Do you actually think that the Feds cared about keeping you from having to pay more on your insurance? It was about control. By demanding that everyone MUST have insurance they gained control of 1/6 of the economy. That was the intent.
                        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                          But since the government has long decided it knows what's best for me when it comes to my medication, my recreational chemical use, my choice on helmet, what arms I'm allowed to bear, how much lead I'm allowed to put in my family's water, and even whether or not I can take my own life, this is just one of many examples of the government interfering in something that should be entirely left to the individual in deciding how they want to behave responsibly.

Comment

Once again, welcome to the Obamanation that once was America, "the Land of the Free".
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                              Do you actually think that the Feds cared about keeping you from having to pay more on your insurance? It was about control. By demanding that everyone MUST have insurance they gained control of 1/6 of the economy. That was the intent.
                              Explain exactly HOW they now control it. Sorry I work in the Insurance industry, they have no more control now than they did before.

Also the don't require you to have insurance. You're given a choice between that and paying more in taxes. Simple.
                              “To talk of many things:
                              Of cabbages—and kings—
                              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X