Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
    The place seems very backwards.
    That's just the media hype. They hate the idea that there are any areas in the USA where they do not dictate what is acceptable and what is not.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy Coburg View Post
      Discrimination interpretation have changed since the last time you looked.

Gays have limited rights today because we spoke out and did something about it. We are still not quite there yet, as we can see from this thread.
      I'm just not sure how it takes away from a gay couple's rights if they walk into church A and are told that they should try church B because church A believes that homosexuality violates their religious convictions. Isn't it a violation of the rights of the people of church A to be forced by law to perform a ceremony that goes against their beliefs? I'm not being facetious, I genuinely want to know why it's okay to force one group to do something but it's not okay to force another group. As far as we know being gay is a lifestyle choice, it's not the same as being born into a particular race genetically, so anyone can at any time choose to become gay and start asserting these extra rights to force people to in essence ignore their beliefs and perform services they feel are morally wrong.

I don't agree that churches or any other businesses should deny these services but then again I don't believe the way they do. I don't really feel that it's my right or the government's place to tell them what they should believe, and if they believe otherwise to force them to contradict those beliefs in order to satisfy the convenience of someone who could just as easily go to another church or business. There's nothing here or in Georgia's case that denies the right of gays to get married, it's not about that it's about whether people are allowed to believe the way they feel is right or if the government should force them not to.

Comment

Originally posted by Savez View Post
        It has the largest black population of any state in the Union. What are y'all trying to imply?
        I was just wondering the same thing....

Comment

What does that flag have to do with homosexuality?
          Confederate battle symbol = EEEEVVVIIILLLLLLLL!!!!!!!! in the liberal brain.
          A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
            It's the whole mentality exemplified by that flag and yes, flags that feature the Confederate battle flag are examples of the bigotry and racism that has blighted the South for hundreds of years. Interestingly, to the best of my knowledge MS is the only state that still features the Stars and Bars.
            And another person failed their history class.

The Confederate battle flag is a military symbol. It doesn't exemplify anything beyond "Confederate troops stationed here". Some people have used it while espousing racism but if that makes you view the flag as a symbol of racism then you need to take your liberal busybodying down to India and start calling Hindus Nazis while you're at it.

We can debate whether it should be on a state flag seeing as it is an insurgent military symbol, but a racist flag? History fail.
            A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Percy Coburg View Post
              Gays have limited rights today because we spoke out and did something about it. We are still not quite there yet, as we can see from this thread.
              Limited? Hardly. You get all the Bill of Rights we do, all the legal protections we do, and all the tax funded programs we do.

The persecution complex needs to be stepped down. Yes, some people feel uncomfortable baking cakes for your wedding but if that is your definition of persecution then the crap I've put up with for being Christian is genocide by comparison.

Comment

It has the largest black population of any state in the Union. What are y'all trying to imply?
                What does black have to do with any thing I said? I said the place seemed backwards not blackwards. And it does seem backwards, like they living in the past.
                you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Have they taken in to account it is not hard to start a religion in America. I mean what if my new religion has blacks has servants of satan along with jews. Or what about a black god that has whites has the spwan of satan.
                  you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                    Have they taken in to account it is not hard to start a religion in America. I mean what if my new religion has blacks has servants of satan along with jews. Or what about a black god that has whites has the spwan of satan.
                    As long as they can all shack up freely with each other in motel rooms things should work out just fine
                    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                      That's just the media hype. They hate the idea that there are any areas in the USA where they do not dictate what is acceptable and what is not.
                      Its funny how we can agree so much here and not on the Civil War forum.
                      I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                      --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Steve573 View Post
                        I'm just not sure how it takes away from a gay couple's rights if they walk into church A and are told that they should try church B because church A believes that homosexuality violates their religious convictions. Isn't it a violation of the rights of the people of church A to be forced by law to perform a ceremony that goes against their beliefs? I'm not being facetious, I genuinely want to know why it's okay to force one group to do something but it's not okay to force another group. As far as we know being gay is a lifestyle choice, it's not the same as being born into a particular race genetically, so anyone can at any time choose to become gay and start asserting these extra rights to force people to in essence ignore their beliefs and perform services they feel are morally wrong.

I don't agree that churches or any other businesses should deny these services but then again I don't believe the way they do. I don't really feel that it's my right or the government's place to tell them what they should believe, and if they believe otherwise to force them to contradict those beliefs in order to satisfy the convenience of someone who could just as easily go to another church or business. There's nothing here or in Georgia's case that denies the right of gays to get married, it's not about that it's about whether people are allowed to believe the way they feel is right or if the government should force them not to.
                        Don't confuse what is right with what is "politically correct." Always remember that politicians are prostitutes in search of customers to keep paying their salaries, and they will pander to anyone and everyone. A starving dog has a higher sense or morals that a politician.

Comment

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2016/0...i-travel-bans/

Crap yeah!!! Maybe we can get the rest of New England to follow suit and even ban all travel to NC and MS. Pay attention Florida.
                          I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                          --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

I don't see it as an example of bigotry and racism. Mississippi didn't add that that flag to their state flag in response to segregation such as Georgia did. It is also not the "Stars and Bars". Bigotry and Racism are not a Southern phenomenon, not in the least.
                            Really? That is interesting, because according to the historical record the adoption of formal Jim Crow segregation laws throughout the South was preceded by Mississippi's incorporation of a Confederate battle flag into its state flag which pretty much coincided with Mississippi's constitutional convention that passed provisions to 'reform' politics by effectively disenfranchising most African Americans. I will give you this though, you are right when you say that racism and bigotry are not solely a Southern phenomenon. However, the fact is that, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not, the Confederate battle flag is considered to be a symbol of racism and bigotry.
                            Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                            Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X