A new line of business for the FBI Hacking officially

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new line of business for the FBI Hacking officially

Or is this just rubbing salt in Apple's wound?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35933239
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Works for me...
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

The FBI had to find another way because they knew they were going to lose in court, that's why the FBI wisely backed down.

This is only speculation, some have suggested it was Cellebrite (an Israeli firm) who successfully hacked the iPhone for the FBI.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy Coburg View Post
        The FBI had to find another way because they knew they were going to lose in court, that's why the FBI wisely backed down.

This is only speculation, some have suggested it was Cellebrite (an Israeli firm) who successfully hacked the iPhone for the FBI.
        You're missing the point of my OP- now the FBI are offering to crack other apple phones
        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by Percy Coburg View Post

My agency uses Cellbrite, and they are taking pre-orders to an update that lets you hack the current phone, months ahead of schedule.

That's not unusual; a new phone comes out, and in a matter of weeks or months an update for the various cracking systems comes out.

I don't believe the Feds would have lost, but I don't think they anticipated how quickly an alternative system would appear.

What the FBI wanted was a one-time, one phone key from Apple. Apple acted like a angst-ridden teen, and the Feds got a skeleton key from a third party. BY the end of April no Apple phone will be secure from a search warrant.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X